South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 02:05 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking Wonderful, Wacky Wednesday!

Hey, chickies...I totally wanted to make it to bed by 2 tonight...I think it'll be close, but not quite that good. Oh well, better than the nights when I haven't made it to bed at all!

Hope everyone has a great day today! Pull up a seat and have a cup of tea with me.

Today I'm going to hunt down a vinyl floor for the kitchen and bath. I hope I can find something either at Lowe's or a flooring place in town. If not, I may have to make a trek out to Home Depot.

Tonight DH and I are helping out at the Chicken and Biscuit supper at our church. It's being put on by the Social Ministry committee (DH is a member) to raise money for Thanksgiving and Christmas baskets. There will be an accordian player and tons of cute kids running around. As long as I stay away from the dessert table, we'll be fine.

Have a great day, chickies...hope some sun comes your way!
Old 10-19-2005, 03:30 AM   #2  

Wow the thread is up really early today - I'm not ready for bed yet

My day at uni sucked to put it mildly.. I was very tired, so I got very little study done and then I ate too much lunch ... my husband is working late again so I am hoping that the rain will hold off so we can go for a walk.

But tomorrow should be a lovely day - I am making some homemade spelt bread with loads of seeds and grains, cooking some vegetarian lasagnes and rolls to freeze and working in the garden... yeah.. nice to relax.

See you all around and Laurie
Old 10-19-2005, 07:00 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Hump Day on the Beach

Good morning, Chicklets~~

Good News, Good News!! BIL got the job, he leaves today for Jacksonville, Florida and will be gone for 3 WEEKS! Most of this company's jobs are out of the area, so he'll just come back for short periods before heading back out again. I think I can live with that--as long as he's still paying rent for us to keep his room for him and all his stuff.

Not a whole lot going on...ate green beans last night instead of broccoli...I chickened out. I'll try the broccoli tonight along with some chicken soup.

Gonna go have a bowl of all bran for breakfast.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:13 AM   #4  

ooooh sing with me now....!.HAPPeeee AND Perkeeeey and bursting with JOY! The Great Schatzarina has returned from the grave... I shan't bore you with the details of the malevolent maladies I fought valiantly to recover from . Unfortunately, laying in bed has not been good for any weight loss..but I'm just glad that FAT has memory, and returned to it's original areas.. as I simply could not tolerate any more back or arse/hip blubber. Much to do as I lost a week of time ... today, off to get some healthy foods back in the cupboards and getting my hair hi/lo lighted.. . (yes, Part 42 of the ungoing hair saga for those that have followed my "follicle follies"..) ...
Will Check back my chubby chums!...gotta go and get jiggy with it..... .....WHOOSH!!!!!!.......
Old 10-19-2005, 07:27 AM   #5  

Good morning!

I didn't see the other thread...so hopefully Ruth will come and fix it.

Schatzi, I'll be up in NC on Saturday. Wanna come to the Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair and say "Hi"??? It's near Asheville.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:34 AM   #6  

Oh Mama, that would be so nice... but we are going to the NC State fair on Saturday.. I'm sure one of these days the Southern fried Chicks will get together..now that would be a blast..!!!!!
Old 10-19-2005, 07:51 AM   #7  

LOL! Southern Fried Chicks!

Have fun at the fair...I'll be drooling over all things fibery, wooly and wonderful.

Everyone have a great day on the Beach!
Old 10-19-2005, 08:03 AM   #8  

Smile Good Morning!

Slept like a log last night which is unusual for me. I'm usually awake 3/4 times a night. Feels soo good.

Today I have to get closets changed, summer to winter. It's already 64º here at 7:50 a.m. but I know that won't last here in MI. This is nice, but oh how I hate thinking about what's coming. I hate being cold.

Can't decide what to have for breakfast, bought some Egg Beaters last night at the store in a garlic and herb flavor which should be good. I also found that ICBINB spray comes with a flavor also other than regular. Store had them for $1.19 each, so bought one of each flavor, and I also had a .60 coupon off of 2, so that helped even more with the price.

Have any of you tried the Belgian waffle recipe made with Ricotta? I did it last week, and it is awesome, but if I make it again (and I will) I'll only eat 1/2 at a time. The other 1/2 could be frozen or used the next day. I was very surprised at how good it tasted. You could make pancakes with it too if you don't have the waffle maker.

Gotta run! DH just got up and now have to make my decision. See you all tomorrow........GrannySmith
Old 10-19-2005, 08:17 AM   #9  

Morning Chickies,

I'm sipping my and enjoying your posts this am.
Beachgal- Good luck on your vinyl search. I'm envious but
gotta get thoose DS's through colllege first. Hope you are snoozing away by now and stay away from that dessert table tonight

Marianna- Sorry your yesterday was lousy but it sounds like you have plans to be good to yourself today- Enjoy your day

Schatzi- Soo glad you are back among the living We missed you. Is this the final chapter in the hair saga? We need before, during, and after pics-
Only kidding I'm going back Fri because I think I got the worst haircut of my life a couple of weeks ago.

I'm finishing housework this am then continuing the reorganization of my master bedroom closet (it's about half done and is a disaster area right now)
I'll do Curves this afternoon, I've got to let up on the impact stuff cause my ankles are being cranky. You guys keep us in your prayers, Wilma is heading straight for the FL coast. We live inland but would still be affected. I'll be updating all the supplies this afternoon and keeping a close watch on the weather updates.

Everyone have a great day on the beach
Old 10-19-2005, 08:27 AM   #10  

Good morning ladies!

I am still in a good mood from my NSV with the pants and my bargain on my boots. I showed my boots to DH last night and he like them and said they made me look skinnier. Oh well, whatever works. He also said, "Why didn't you get some new pants?" and then made a comment about how baggy the ones I was wearing were in the bottom. LOL I guess it is time, but I feel so comfy in my baggy jeans.

I plan on working out tonight. I am finding it easier to make it into the gym.

I went grocery shopping last night and have on program foods to eat for the next week!

I hope everyone is doing well. The sun is shining and it feels like a wonderful fall morning.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:28 AM   #11  
beachbum

Hi Chicks:

SCHATZIits so good to see you posting again.I really missed you,just reading your posts always made my day.

Well as for me,I'm under the weather now,its not from being sick,but something that I ate.YIKES, those BBQ brats,had to do me in.Hope it ddin't effect my weight.

Beachgal-Good Luck in your kitchen & bathroom vinyl shopping.

Marianne-Got some sleep you won't be able to study with out rest.

Grannysmith-I still have to change over my closets from summer to winter also.Don't like the job, hauling storage boxes off the basement shelves and switching clothes from summer to winter and visa versa.No I never tryed that Belgium Waffle recipe,but I know what you mean nothing can take the place of the real one.

Hugs BB
Old 10-19-2005, 08:48 AM   #12  

Grannysmith~I live in Southwest Ontario Canada. I LOVE hte cooler temps. Last night I got up and came down the stairs and there was a full moon and then ground looked white like snow. I was soooo excited about what is to come. LOL!! It is 48F here today so far!!
Had a productive day. I love productive days!!!
I started using a Daily Journal model to organize my thoughts and see my habits more clearly. I am lovin it.

Daily Journal
1.My renewal statement for the day.~ I will honouor my body.
2. Weekly weight.~230
3. Exercise-type, how long, what level.~ 2 hours cleaning, low level
4. % fat, carbs, protein.
5. # meals and snacks.~2 meals, 2 snacks
6.# fruits, # of veg.~0 fruit, 3 veg-not enough
7. How many glasses of water.8
8. Time of last food intake, time I went to bed.~Supper 6pm, 10 almonds at 11pm, to sleep 12am.
9. Why and when I ate due to stress or emotions.~didn’t, woohoo....hubby even ate a huge bowl of chips in front of me and I didn’t want a single one.!!
10.General feelings about food, exercise, life.~ I love food, I love shopping for groceries, I love finding new recipes, I love cooking/baking, I adore all the sensations of eating, I eat healthy whole foods regularily....I dont have an off button.
I dont get enough vigorous exercise, period.
I love my life in every concievable way.
11. Any really good events or feelings today.~Dozens- I got up earlier and didn’t feel rushed to journal. Hubby worked on the bathroom reno. I had 2 cleaners come to wash down walls, ceilings,light fixtures and clean in general.They worked for 4 hours, 8 hours collectively. When the heck do I have 8 straight hours to clean. Never. AND this was the only the main floor. What about the 5 rooms upstairs or the basement?HUH! Hubby was supportive about the cleaners!!! I set up a pretty Avon display at the playschool. I got the new Christmas brochures out to them.
Took my toddlers to the park. As the cleaners pulled things apart I sorted out the summer shoes,toys, coats etc and boxed them up!!. I have a large bag to give to the thrift shop.Then I fed the kiddies lunch at noon. 2 more toddlers arrived. Much hilarity ensued.I cleaned the kitchen, put away dishes, hubby washed pots( bliss). He asked jokingly, what? wash the pots again. He did them on Saturday. I would like him to do them every day. I had a tea and and watched the last half of AMC and then had a lunchish meal.At 2 I swept and washed the kitchen floor.The cleaners did the kitchen 2 weeks ago.5 hour job. Hubby worked on my rims for snow tires for the van.3:30 got busy. 3 parents and 7 kids here. DD’s class had a field trip, everyone gathered here after. Yikes. When I went to bed I realized there were 14 people here coming and going all day and at any given time there were at least 7.
I baked some ribs, hubby peeled his precious potatoes, boiled beans ,frozen from our garden. YUM. I took a 20 min nap, then took the kids to the school for a Literacy Fair til 8pm. It was fabulous. Home, into jammies,read with kids and then I curled up on the couch and read some in the SB book. At 10 I watch Gilmore Girls. Hello? Is this my life on TV. I so am Lorelai, hubby is Luke, her parents are my parents....the town people Crack me up. It was a particularily good one. Went to bed intending to sleep but Hubby was particularily sweet and well..... went to sleep about 12.
Up today at 6:30, briefly saw hubby is passing. Not long enough for him to bug me,lol. I have 2 kids off today and both of mine are still sleeping. the cat is being finicky about food. Arg!
House is still clean and SMELLS clean, even looks clean in most rooms.
12. Overall, how did the day go. Well,just peachy, I think. I had a parent say to me last night, “you know you do too much.” Been thinking on that. Yes,I do a lot. Is it too much? Everything I do is very important to me and my family. The volunteer stuff helps our community in a huge way and it uses skills I have that wouldn’t get used otherwise. When I wasn’t doing this stuff I became clinically depressed.
13. How can I improve for tomorrow. I will be more mindful of meals and eat all my veggies.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:00 AM   #13  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Mornin'! Just a quick fly by to say hey. I'm running late and have sooo much to do both around the house and for work and school. Why is laundry never done????

Old 10-19-2005, 09:37 AM   #14  
Kyemom

Hey girls, it's just me.....I am up 2 pounds....I will not complaing, because it is my fault, but I am so disappointed in myself...I gotta go change my ticker..
Schatzi- Glad to see you back!!!
Everyone else- have a great day!
Old 10-19-2005, 11:28 AM   #15  

Talking Hollyhock!

I too love the cooler temps, and we've had such a HOT summer, what I mean is that I'm not looking forward to all the COLD and SNOW that we get in the winter. Living near Lake MI, we get dumped on BIG TIME. If we lived further inland, it wouldn't happen as much. Don't know how much snow you get in a winter, but our season usually gets upwards of 100 inches + ! Too much for me. I've gotten MY closet done, just waiting for my DH to tell me what he wants out of his, then I'll get busy on his too. Have a good rest of the day all......GrannySmith
Closed Thread