Old 10-17-2005, 08:08 AM   #1  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default Weekly Journal Buddy Thread...Oct. 17-23

Well, the weekend wasn't a complete disaster. It was probably about anormal weekend for me calorie-wise overall. Here's the short of it:
Friday (around 3000 calories):
  • McDonald's bacon, egg, and cheese bagel, hash brown, and large orange juice
  • Panera cup of baked potato soup and half asian sesame chicken salad
  • Friendly's Oriental Sesame chicken tenders, coleslaw, and french fries
  • Friendly's "happy ending" sundae--vanilla soft-serve with strawberry topping
Saturday (about 1650 calories according to Fitday--don't know really how many were in breakfast because we threw the box away):
  • 2 small sauage, egg, and cheese biscuits (frozen, microwaved)
  • 1 Krispy Kreme donut
  • 2 slices plain cheese pizza and one slice with hamburger and pepperoni
Sunday (about 2000 calories):
  • 2 slices french toast w/maple syrup, 2 small sausage patties, 2 scrambled eggs with cheese, 1 glass orange juice
  • Subway 12" sweet onion chicken teriyaki sub on wheat, small bag original Sun Chips, medium soda filled with half regular Coke, half Diet Coke
There--all caught up! Today was not off to a good start (McDonald's breakfast again), but I will go grocery shopping tonight so we will have normal food in the house again
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 01:44 PM   #2  

Don't worry Jill; it could have been worse, I’m sure. I know it had to be incredibly difficult to stay OP given your circumstances, but now that you're getting all settled in, I'm sure things with get back to normal in a jiffy. So, are you lovin the new place?? I certainly don't envy the unpacking that surely must still be done, but I bet you're glad the physical moving part is finally over and done with!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 02:12 PM   #3  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks for that link, Jilly... I think! Next time I'll be sure to remember to take my water along with me.

I'm glad to hear you had a relaxing time at the spa, Beth. that your knee doesn't start giving you major problems.

Sounds as though the move went off okay, jillybean. Tell us more about your new pad. Since you're off grocery shopping this evening, I don't expect to see an entry for McDonald's tomorrow!

Sun 16/10:

Breakfast: 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, ½ cup 0% milk; 500 ml water.
Lunch: 4½ oz chicken (grilled), 2 oz whole-wheat pita, salad (cabbage, carrot, cucumber, tomato); 500ml water.
Snack: ½ cup plain 2% yogurt; 500 ml water.
Dinner: 5 oz lamb, grilled with courgette & onion, 2 oz pumpkin bread, 500 ml water.
Snack: 4 tblsp. pine nuts & sunflower kernels.
Extra Drinks: 250 ml water, 125 ml diet pop, 250 ml green tea.

Total kcals: 1566 (plus free veggies)

Exercise: None.

Today's plan:

Breakfast: Cereal, coffee.
Lunch: Ham on whole-wheat pita, salad.
Dinner: Home-made lentil & split pea soup with Triscuits or a muffin.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 06:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

Okay, business trip today. Three meals out!

Breakfast (about 225 calories)
1/2 of an Asiago cheese bagel
3/4 oz cream cheese (they had inidivudal packets, yay for automatic portion control!)

Snack (about 125 calories)
Banana

Lunch (about 220 calories)
1/2 chicken breast (I think it's a half) in some barbecue sauce
1/2 cup macaroni and cheese
Some tomatoes

Snack (about 240 calories)
Reese's peanut butter cup (2-cup package)

Dinner (about 550 calories)
6" turkey and cheese subway from subway with veggies and light mayo
Baked lays barbecue chips

Exercise was 20 minutes walking home from work, about a mile, with a backpack on. I would've walked in the morning but it was 40 degrees and I was in short sleeves.

Anyway, Fitday totalled it up to about 1600 calories. And I even snuck in a little exercise. I compromised on snacks -- one junk food, one healthy -- so it worked out okay.
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 11:00 PM   #5  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Good going, rabidstoat!

Mon 17/10:

Breakfast: 1 cup Optimum Slim cereal, 1 oz seedless raisins, ½ cup 0% milk; 500 ml water.
Lunch: 4 oz baked ham, 2 oz whole-wheat pita, sprouted beans; 500 ml water.
Snack: 1 cup home-made soup**; 500 ml water.
Dinner: 4½ oz chicken breast (grilled), salad (carrot, cucumber, red cabbage, tomato, yellow pepper); 500 ml water.
Snack: 1 cup home-made soup; 500 ml water.
Extra Drinks: 500 ml water, 500 ml Shiraz, 250 ml green tea.

Total kcals: 1505 (plus free veggies)

Exercise: 3 miles WATP. 20 minute bike ride.

**Green split peas, pearl barley, & red lentils cooked in chicken stock with leeks and herbs.

Tomorrow's plan:

Breakfast: Cereal, coffee.
Lunch: Tofu, veggies.
Dinner: Chicken on whole-wheat pita, salad.
Snacks: Home-made soup.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 04:35 AM   #6  

Thankyou, my friends, for all those very insightful comments about "studying beloved", and getting some exercise together on Sunday.... ....OK, its true, the studying got somewhat postponed , but I did hand in the assignment on Monday, and also have a lot of fun on Sunday.... ..!

As to the topic of healthy eating. Well could be better, could be worse, is my assessment of things. I need to get myself at least close to the straight and narrow again. So I think I will aim, for the next week or so, to stick to a mantra of 'no junk food, no trigger foods'. I will aim to start right now, but realistically, since I am hosting this big work event today a 'festival' no less, (280 people coming apparently, top London venue, nervous, moi???! ), and the 'finger food' is not particularly healthy, I will aim for healthy breakfast and lunch, and just do the best I can this evening.

Here is what I recollect eating on Sunday

Way too much bread, with cheese and pickle, and jam (separately)
2 fried eggs (olive oil), more bread
2 apples

Here is what I ate yesterday

Cappucino
Sushi
Mango and melon
Chicken risotto
Tuna mayo, 2 slices of bread
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:17 AM   #7  
Eating for two!

So after yesterday's McDonald's breakfast, I had a sausage calzone from the cafeteria for lunch and a bacon and swiss chicken sandwich and about half my fries from Fuddrucker's for dinner We didn't get to go grocery shopping because we spent nearly 2 hours at Comcast trying to get the right kind of cable box and internet equipment which we then had to go home and set up/install, which took HOURS longer than it should have (Comcast is NOT on my list of companies with friendly customer support!). But, while emptying some boxes in the kitchen, I found a box of instant oatmeal, so today looks like:
  • peaches n' cream instant oatmeal (reduced-sugar, made with water)
  • strawberries n' cream instant oatmeal (reduced-sugar, made with water)
Dinner's still up in the air, but hopefully nothing else comes up, and we will get our grocery shopping done tonight.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone, I'm still feeling kinda blue, but definately better.

Went down for PT today for my knee, (he's sooo yummy! ) my IT band is not good and he gave me a new thing to do w/a foam roller on the floor, let's just say it wasn't my most graceful moment! And he was standing over me watching me do this. Better now than 46 pounds ago, I'm not even sure I would have been able to do it at all then.

My food yesterday was good and I made it to the gym during lunch (my boss is away this week yeah!). While I was ok on points, I made very interesting choices, then this morning my "friend" showed up, which explains it:

4 - 2 eggs
3 - luna bar
2 - coffee
5 - zone bar
1 - 1 pt WW cake
1 - coffee
2 - cookie
6 - chicken
0 - sugar snap peas
24 points

Have a great day everyone!
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:29 PM   #9  

Ugh. A 16-hour day, but I'm finally home from my business trip. I was too grumpy today to be hungry, I think.

Breakfast
Bowl of raisin bran with 2% milk

Snack
Light and fit lowfat yogurt

Lunch
1/2 turkey sandwich with a little mayo
About 2/3rd cup potato salad
2" x 2" chocolate chip brownie

Dinner
Grilled Chicken BLT salad at McDonald's with ranch dressing

No exercise because, well, 16 hour day! But I suppose I walked some, dragging my stupid broken suitcase around airports. I also drank about 5 bazillion Fruit2Os today, for some reason. Well, maybe 4 bazillion, but a lot.

Calorie total: About 1325
Old 10-19-2005, 07:21 AM   #10  
Eating for two!

Yesterday ended up being:
  • instant oatmeal
  • spinach, ham, swiss cheese, and honey mustard on a croissant
  • small bag of Sun Chips
  • 2 dill pickle spears
  • grilled chicken breast with barbecue sauce, melted cheese, and green onions
  • french fries
My best estimate is about 2200 calories. Fitday is annoying me--I don't know what to put for my skinless grilled chicken breast. When I choose "skin not eaten," I think it thinks it was still cooked with the skin on it and therefore has more calories (seems higher than the labels of the chicken I buy, anyway). It also doesn't have "grilled" as an option, and all of the "baked" or "skinless" options include some sort of flouring, breading, or coating. How difficult can chicken be?!

Went grocery shopping last night, so today looks is starting out much better:
  • Carnation instant breakfast w/skim milk
  • instant oatmeal
  • yogurt
  • wrap--small tortilla, lettuce, Miracle Whip, honey mustard, ham, swiss cheese (made it myself instead of getting a huge wrap at the cafeteria, so I know exactly how many calories are in it )
  • Smartfood popcorn
All that puts me in around 770 calories, so we'll see how dinner goes (we WILL be eating at home! ).
Old 10-19-2005, 08:13 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone!

Here's yesterday...

1 - egg whites
3 - luna bar
2 - coffee
5 - zone bar
2 - coffee
4 - 2 truffles
6 - grilled chicken salad
3 - w/feta
26 points
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 11:52 AM   #12  
Crazy Canuck

Well...I've been missing in action for a few days (life has definitely got in the way of my posting) and I'm going to be taking a sabbatical from the forum for a couple of weeks due to lack of opportunity. Doesn't mean I'm taking a sabbatical from journaling (since I started Weight Watchers in June of 2002, the only time I didn't journal was the month I spent in Russia). Figure skating season is upon me and I'll have lots of temptations (dinners and drinks with friends, arena/hotel/restaurant food) but I've managed it in the past and will give it my all this season! Off to Atlantic City tomorrow for Skate America and then on to Newfoundland for Skate Canada. No European skating trips this season for me (the World Championships are in Canada this year!!) and the Canadian Championships aren't until January, so I'll have some recovery time (if you can call the Christmas season recovery time) before the next arena/hotel/restaurant/ food onslaught!

I trust my thread will be kept alive in my absense and that I'll return to good news (foodwise, weightwise and otherwise) from all of you! Enjoy and behave!! (I'll certainly enjoy and try my best to behave).

Cheers!!
Jilly
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 01:42 PM   #13  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

AWWW Jilly....I'm going to miss you SOO much

I do, however, hope that you have a wonderful time...and wish I could go with you (it just sounds so fun and exciting!)

Please check in if you get a chance..try to behave yourself most of the time..and get your butt back here ASAP!

We LOVE you!
xoxoxo
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:21 PM   #14  

Not feeling well today aand left work early. Blah. No exercise, I came home, ate, slept for 2 hours, woke up with the phone. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

Breakfast
3 Mrs. T's perogies
1 bowl oatmeal

Lunch
Crock pot shrimp creole over brown rice

Snack
Some pineapple chunks

Dinner
Angus Burger from Burger King (craving red meat)
Old 10-20-2005, 08:45 AM   #15  
Eating for two!

Had some yogurt-covered raisins, 2 apples, and spaghetti last night, bringing yesterday's total to about 1780 calories Yay for eating dinner AT HOME!!

Today looks like this:
  • Carnation instant breakfast w/skim milk
  • Special K cranberry apple bar
  • Smartfood popcorn
  • yogurt
  • peanut butter and jelly sandwich (natural peanut butter, whole wheat bread, and no sugar added jelly)
  • Subway 12" sweet onion chicken teriyaki sub (no cheese)

Total: about 1475 calories

Only did 23 minutes on the elliptical this morning since I got to the gym late, but it's better than nothing!