Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 06:31 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Wink Weight Loss and Chit Chat #147

WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies site.

We're a friendly group that provides support in our weight loss journey, and we also share the ups and downs of our daily lives. Please feel free to join us.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:45 AM   #2  

Good Morning Ladies!

I feel like I'm really lazy this morning, I don't have to go in to work until 11:30 AM - but of course that means I stay until 8 PM. But it is so nice not to have to rush around early in the AM. The only thing I have to do yet is to fold laundry, I think I can handle that.
Went to lunch with a co-worker yesterday at a Chinese buffet - I love it but the sodium doesn't love me. So today my hands and feet are puffy, but the food sure tasted good!! So I will be "good" today.
The workers just showed up to work on the storage building and they want my "supervision" on a few things so I best be going. Hope everyone has a great day!

Connie
Old 10-13-2005, 01:12 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hello Ladies~

Got in my work-out this morning. The 2 mile WATP, 20 mns. on the bike and a little bit of weight training. Boy does it feel good. Not finished yet. As soon as I get off here I am headed out to mow the front yard. Then I plan on washing both my car and Josh's truck. Planned on doing it yesterday but time just flew by and it was 7 P.M. before I knew it. It's been getting dark by 7:30.

Connie~Chinese food sounds delicious! Yummy to my tummy! Haven't had any in ages.I've not heard of the SMART technique but it sounds interesting. Might have to check it out.

Angie~so glad that you are not going to lose your job. I guess the way I read your post I thought you had a choice, take the temp. position or you're gone. I have heard that can happen if you don't eat enough food. Also, I've heard and been told that when you start exercising you could actually gain a little in the beginning. Something about fat turning to muscle. So hopefully that's all it is. And you make sure you eat enough girly!

Marti~you are doing great with the work-outs! I am definitely careful with my arms. It's not an injury, just other stuff going on with them, And while the exercise does feel good, too much can be bad. Supposedly though, eventually the pain could stop. Or so I was told by the PT. We'll see.

Jane~Glad Caylin's BD party was nice. And to you for not eating anything. Now that is what I call self-control. Your day at the orchard with Madison sounded so nice. And the apples are sounding good right now. By the way, you mentioned the apple slices with splenda and cinnamon...how do you prepare them? Do you put them on a cookie sheet and bake them in the oven? I am going to have to have some. I played around with adding a second weight tracker thing with my highest weight, etc. yesterday and just felt like it was too much. So what I did was at the bottom under my name I put my HW/CW/GW. I like having the ticker for the smaller goals that way it doesn't seem so overwhelming. Of course with me who knows, tomorrow is another day after all and I change my signature so very often!

Susan~sounds like your assistant is a slacker. Geez, how many times does she need to be told to do something. I hope you are writing her up each time so that it doesn't end up coming back on you and making you look bad.

Hi Janet, Katy, Katiecat, Mindee, Sue and everyone else. I think it's been a while since everyone posted I can't remember who all has!! So, sorry if I unintentionally missed anyone, which I know I did.

Gotta get going ladies. I put myself on a schedule today and have been waiting for the lawn to dry out so I can mow at 12:30. Lotta dew on the grass and cars this morning. I want to get that done and the vehicles washed and then get back inside and finish my bedroom. Started yesterday but didn't finish. Then jump in the shower. So...you all take care and have a great Thursday!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 10-14-2005 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:15 PM   #4  

Afternoon Ladies--

I got my workout done this morning. Enjoying the energy I've been having lately so I definately want to keep it up. Although, I am feeling a bit tired at the moment. I only got a few hours of sleep.............ugh!

Anyway---

Cristi--I hope that the exercises do help your arm as long as you're not overdoing it. I think that it's great that you're making such great progress! Do you want to come over and mow my lawn??? It hasn't rained the last few days and it's only weeds I could sure use the help!

Connie--Oh love Chinese, but due to the sodium and the way it make a body puff up, I try to keep away. James & I only go once in a great while. It's been few months since we've gone. The buffets we stay way from though.....tend to over do it whenever we go.

Angie--You definately want to make sure you eat enough and not starve yourself. This girl I've been going to the gym with is always saying that she only ate one meal all day. I keep telling her that if she wants the weight loss to continue, she needs to eat more. Or else the body starts starving for energy and w/no food, it starts to store it's energy in fat. She gave me this look............but...as Cristi said, you've been working out and the gain could be from muscle gain. So make sure you take your measurements too. (look at me, turning into some kind of nutritionist.....that I am NOT! Just giving advice that was given to me.)

Jane--I won't be able to pipe in on the "when" about Vegas. It is all according to James's schedule. Then I have to make sure I can get mine the same as his. It's all to crazy, but we should know more when the time gets a little closer. I will tell him what days everyone is talking about. So...I'll just have to wait and see. (hopefully it works out)

Susan--Bags packed already?? Boy.....you sound like you're just itching to go!! I'm looking forward to the trip too. I hope it all works out through taking time off when everybody wants to go. That's the one thing I hate about my job...I'm not the only one who likes a vacation!!

Hello to everyone else out there!! Hope you're all doing great!!

Katie, Katy, Janet, Sue, and the rest of the gang, how are ya doing????

Ok, I'm off to clean up. You all have a wonderful day!
Old 10-13-2005, 08:20 PM   #5  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Come out Becky....join us.

Cristi,,,can you wash mine too? I got one load of laundry in,,,and thats about it. grocery shopped after my meeting last night,,,I like doing that. I all pumped up from the meeting usually,,last night though I kinda walked around looking at thigns going,,,nope not worth the points. So I only bought a 1/4 of what I normally buy. I think the family will protest soon.

Marti,,,I know,,I know. I just felt that eating an apple was better then eating junk. But I didn't have enough points she said. There was only one day I was so hungry,,and i was at work and didn't have the time to warm up my soup. I did eventually but ..
There is this guy in our meetings,,,he was whining,,I say whining (I wasn't of course...lol) about how he hadn't lost as much as he thought he would,,,Lost? Buddy how about gaining once and that alone will make you appreciate the small 2 lbs he lost. Grrr anyways he goes on to say he goes for walks with his wife and he buys a small slurpee every so often or a choc bar. WHAT? I haven't had that and I gain and hes eating that and loosing then has the gall to complain? *breath
So the speaker wants us both to talk about this next week,,,give my story and his story. Shes kinda going ot pit us against each other...should I warn her Im very competitive..and that if he looses more,,well its *finger slices across neck for him?

Well off to rehearsal we go...
Old 10-14-2005, 11:47 AM   #6  
One day at a time

Smile

Happy Friday Ladies!

I am loving this weather! It is the perfect walking weather. A little cool this morning when I started so I wore a sweatshirt...should have worn a t-shirt under because half way through the walk I was sweating, ick! But I couldn't take my sweatshirt off! Anyway, made it through the 3 mile walk and now I am ready for a shower. But it will have to wait until I mow the back yard later. It is supposed to reach 80 today so about noon it will be very warm back there.

Marti~I am very careful with my arms. I'm thinking the exercise is helping because I haven't had as many problems with them. But I am still being careful. If you were close enough, yes, I would come and mow your yard. I say I am doing it to help V out but really, I am doing it for the exercise. I try to find things to do to keep me busy. Can you not put in for your vacation this early to ensure that you get it? The same with James. I would think that if you put it this far ahead that they can't give the date to someone else and they know you will be gone and do what they have to to replace you/James for the time you are gone. Anyway, just thought of that because that's what they do at V's job. His vacation time starts in June so when June rolls around he can put in for a vacation anytime from June 2004-June 2005 and then it starts over. And he can take his vacation time one day, two days, three etc. or take a week here and then another week whenever. He doesn't have to take it all at the same time. And if he doesn't take it by the following year he gets the money for his vacation days. Works out pretty good especially when he's wanted to take a day or two off like when we go to Georgia.

Angie~when I was going to WW there was a lady that always talked about fitting her daily candy bar in but she never whined about not losing though. Then there was an older woman and her mother that sat up in the front every week. They were life timers and SKINNY! But every week they brought a candy bar with them to eat and would get a soda out of the vending machine to eat/drink through the meeting. Then there was the green bean lady. Every week she came in with a different way that she had her green beans. She said if she ate anymore green beans she was going to turn into one! The following week a lady brought her a BIG can of them and we all laughed! Anyway, would love to see the debate between you and the candy bar man. And yes, like I mentioned to Marti, if we all lived close to one another I would definitely help ya out.

And a big HELLO to Becky!! Come on in and join us, we won't bite!

And HI to everyone else!

Well, ladies, not much on the agenda today. I will finish my bedroom today. Didn't think mowing and washing the two vehicles would take so much time but it did. And you all know I can't miss my Jeopardy even though it is kids week. Some of those kids are very smart and seem so grown up for their age. Most have been about 11 or 12 I think. Also, need to get a letter out to Josh today. Didn't get one from him last week but got two yesterday along with three post cards (he knows I collect post cards). He's been told he will be stationed in North Carolina and then they came back and said maybe not. Might be going to Fort Riley which is here in KS. So we will see. He has passed the 15 minute two mile walk! I know he told me not to worry but I was. Because if he didn't get it done he would have to start over. He's doing two miles in 13 mns. That would kill me! He's looking forward to his weekend so he can eat some good food and have a cigarette! The kid has lost 20 pounds since being there. Geez, if he loses anymore I don't think I will recognize him. Anyway...better get going.

Take care ladies and have a GREAT Friday/weekend!
Old 10-14-2005, 12:08 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Smile

Good morning ladies!!

Becky - please join us!! Any friend of Angie's is a friend of ours. We won't bite! Well, depends on the hunger level around here, lol.

Susan - hey, Neal was bachelor until I got ahold of him. Made him see he just couldn't live w/o me, lol. Would you please PM me your new addy? I need to know where to go to smack the crap outta you when you eat only one meal a day, lol.

Connie - need your addy, too, if you're comfortable with that. Actually, it's for sending Christmas cards, not for smacking anybody, but don't tell Susan. tee hee. Hope you got some rest, and have flushed the salt out of your system by now, lol.

Angie - I've called you twice, but only left a message once. Never know when is a good time, so how about if you want to talk, call me, and we'll hang up and I'll call you right back so it'll be on my bill. I lost better when I ate more, (but not TOO much) that's for sure! As I said, I even added 3 points to my daily totals, but never used any activity points, so I guess it evened out. No, Mary's MIL (Judy) isn't on a program, she was honked off at Dale (her son). Because Judy wanted to bring her druggie dd to the party and Dale flat out put his foot down on that one. Yay Dale!!

Cristi - Meg and Mel the moderators talk about muscle in their LWL forum, and from what they say, it takes quite a while for new muscle to form. I'm a complete doofus about it, but they both work in gyms, so I assume they know what they're talking about. Looking at their bods, I'm sure they do!! About the apples, just slice them thinly into a saucepan, and then sprinkle some Splenda and cinnamon over them. Vanilla is good, too, if you add only a drop or two. Yum!! Anyway, cook them until they are soft, but not mushy. Depending on the apple type, it won't take but a few minutes.

Marti - hopefully you'll be able to join us in Vegas! It wouldn't be the same w/o you. Are you and James doing anything special this weekend?

I'm at the library so I can do this at a respectable speed. The good news is, I found another satellite company that will service my area. The not-so-good news is, they have a waiting list. Patience, Jane, patience!!!

I'm having Terry's kids over after school today, and can't wait for that. I don't get to see them as often as Mary's kids for obvious reasons.

Have a good day.

Edited to add - Cristi you were posting while I wrote this novel, lol. I SO hope Josh gets stationed in Kansas!!!!
Old 10-14-2005, 01:05 PM   #8  
One day at a time

Smile

Hi Jane
I don't know anything about muscle etc. either. I know I don't want to have those muscle looking calves or arms-looking like a man, just be toned. Anyway, I had heard something like what I said and didn't know how long Angie had been exercising and did figure it takes a while. I was told that about the gaining and muscle when I joined Richard Simmons exercise class years ago. Anyway, hope you enjoy your day/time with Terry's kids. I too hope Josh gets stationed in KS!! Means no more flying for me! I have been thinking about flying for the last week because it's getting closer to leaving. Not stressed about it yet. I'm hoping though that I will just sleep on the plane since we have to get up so early to get there. The flight leaves at 7:30 and we are supposed to be there a hour before??? AAAHHHH, I can't remember. I have it written down. For some reason I was thinking we have to leave two hours before the flight to get to the airport, and get checked in. That means leaving at 5:30 and getting up at 4 to make sure I have enough time-don't want to be late leaving. And I am sure I won't be able to sleep the night before so I should be very tired. Blah, blah, blah...sometimes I talk too much! Anyway, have a good weekend.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:56 PM   #9  
kitty Momo

Good Morning to our newest members!!
Janet, Connie and Becky!!!

I did real bad yesterday at eating Jane. I had a nice hot meal last night of rice & chicken though. I had a bag of popcorn and some root beer for a snack in the evening.
This morning I had toast with turkey inside and some coffee. Starving now and no break in sight to go find something healthy to eat. So, off to the vending machine I go........cheese crackers sounds good

I did weigh this morning and went down to 157 - yay- I moved the scale around the bathroom to make sure that was correct - faced it North- South-East - and West and kept coming up 157 ( kind of like a slot machine! - lol) anyway - happy about that and am starting to feel better.

I FINALLY got my accent wall in the office painted - looks lovely. Now I want some boarding going up and I don't know where this comes from but I want some gold fish....lol

anyway - back to work..............
Old 10-14-2005, 07:33 PM   #10  
RosieKate

Hi Chickies!
I'm getting excited about Vegas...you know, I haven't ever been there. I'm not much of a gambler. But I am excited about getting away with DH, seeing all you gals, catching a show (or two).

I am twiddling my thumbs, waiting for the guys to get home from errand-running. This trip to Home Depot was to get all the gutter and french drain accoutrement. Our addition looks like it has a moat around it - time to get that taken care of.

This week, I shaved off a couple of pounds - worked out 5x, did alright on points. Pretty soon my ticker will be pretty close to accurate, lol! Since I've been working out, my muscle has been increasing, so my clothes are all loose, but the pounds are barely budging. I'm used to that, and I do like looking in the mirror and seeing the beginnings of some definition in my arms and abs.

Muscle really is a good thing, and you really can't get too much of it. All those super-bulked up people you see ( men and women) usually have taken some kind of steroid or other kind of drug, or they have cut every last carb out of their diet. For most women, you can lift to your heart's content. I just tell myself that a bulge in the bicep looks a heck of a lot better than the "wings" under my arms that like to flap in the wind when I wave hello to someone. Will those EVER go away?

Gotta go cook dinner - so "hi" to all - hope you are all having a great weekend!

Old 10-15-2005, 12:02 AM   #11  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Sorry I have been MIA. I have typed posts and then my computer blinks and bleeps and the post is gone. That is why I had 2 posts on the poll thread. It bleeped and I thought I lost the post. Geesh....hate puter troubles.
I am sure everyone would love Las Vegas. So much to do. I won't know if I can be there in June for awhile yet. Still trying to decipher all the plans for the house. We want to fly back and forth as little as possible, but need to be here for several aspects of the building. It will all work out....(my new mantra)
I am still walking at least 2 miles and some days double, food is not like it should be...but "it will all work out." LOL
We have so much to do before we leave in 15 days. I get a chest x-ray tomorrow, but don't see the Dr. until the 27th. We have a card party tomorrow night. Sun. is a baby shower. Hopefully a few days next week will be devoted to packing. Whew! Can we get it all done? Yeah, we always do.
Have fun ladies planning your get away. Let me know if I can get an info when I get to Sin City. The vegas.com is a good place for info.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:31 AM   #12  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good evening Ladies,,

Sue you should try to devote one room to each day...put some music on and go for it!

Susan,,,you lost 6 lbs in less then a week? No worries I found 2 of them,,,here have them back...no really have them back! lol

Cristi,,Josh lost 20 lbs? What size was he when he left? Im thinking without all the junk foods he so readily had,,,plus all that boot camp workouts have probably toned him down,,,hmmm thats what I need to go to bootcamp...ha ha nah I don't think I could do all that work,,,
Tomorrow i plan to wash my SUV....windows and all

Jane and I just got off the phone,,,next call is on me Jane...geesh how yappy we are. Over 2 hours later.. Anyways we are all syched up about Vegas. Im bringing my suitcases of makeup...Who wants a makeover?
So if it ends up being just Jane and I we plan to get snockered and go and get tattoos. This is after the makeover,,,I am bringing blue hair dye. I'll get her back on the plane,,,can you just see Neils face when she gets off the plane! Remember what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!

well need to get to bed,,,my ears are sweaty,,(nice imagine eh?)
Old 10-15-2005, 02:50 AM   #13  
One day at a time

Good morning ladies~

Went to bed at 10:30 and watched one of my favorite movies...While You Were Sleeping! LOL It's only the third time this week! Thought it would put me to sleep, not because it's boring as I don't think it is. I LOVE IT and can't get enought of it! But usually when I feel wide awake I turn the tv on and it puts me to sleep. Not this time. Then watched some of Porky's-OMG!! That movie cracks me up! And now here it is 1:30 and I am still wide a wake. Too many things going on in my head I guess. Getting excited about going to Georgia and Vegas!! Anyway, thought I would look up a few things to do in GA. We will get there around 10:30 so will have the whole day to do something, just me and Vince so we thought we would look around Atlanta while there. Then head to Columbus and do what Josh wants to do Saturday and Sunday. Not a whole lot to do in Columbus.

Susan~cool...WTG on the 157!! So what color is your accent wall? Bet it is nice.

Angie~yeah, Josh has lost 20 pounds so far, the little turd! It is so easy for him to lose weight but I know all those work-outs did it. Even though he is eating he is getting a lot of exercise. He said they did a 8-mile walk with their 80 pound back packs the other day. I couldn't even imagine carrying around 80 pounds on my back! Would kill me! I'm sure he will end up losing a lot more. When he left he was wearing a size 33/34 and weighed 189. Will definitely get lots of pictures to share when we go down there. He's getting excited to! But yeah, when he was here and working construction he would eat fast food for breakfast sometimes but lunch every day. He wasn't gaining though because he was getting a work-out at work.

Katy~WTG on the shaving of the pounds! Is your home construction going to be done by December as scheduled? That was the date right? Thought I read that somewhere...can't keep things straight...too much on the brain lately. Bet it is goin got be nice when it is done.

Sue~sorry to hear about your 'puter troubles. I like your new mantra! I always believe everything will work out.

Anyway, not much on the agenda for the weekend. Going to get some much needed house cleaning done. Then Vince and I will go running around when he gets home. He has to work the weekend but only till 1:30. The bad thing is he has to be there at 5:30. May go for a walk this morning when I get up. I am used to doing it 6 days a week I feel like I have to. Anyway, better get going to look up some sites about Georgia.

Have a GREAT weekend ladies!
Old 10-15-2005, 12:13 PM   #14  

Smile

AAHHH the weekend is finally here!! It's been a rough week, work-wise and personally. The weather is wonderful today so I hope to get outside and finish cleaning up the garden. Or maybe I'll just sit on the deck and read, or sit at the computer all day - the choices are endless!!! Ha! Hubby is at his daughter's for a while today. She's a massage therapist and so he gets a massage whenever he wants. With all his health problems it really is a blessing.
This next week at work will be hectic. State officials are coming in for accredidation interviews and I think the auditors will be here also. I think I'll just hide.
Lots of laundry to do this weekend - like always. I think my dryer is ready to bite the dust, it takes forever for a load to get dry. So I guess I better get started rather than sitting here!
Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Connie
Old 10-15-2005, 03:18 PM   #15  

Afternoon ladies--

Just woke up a half hour ago. I finally got some much needed sleep. The night before I couldn't get to sleep until almost 7:00 in the morning!! And I got up at 11:00.....then I went to bed a 4:30 this morning....so I'm doing better now. Sheesh.....why can't I just konk out??? (TOM is around the bend!)

Angie--Makeover?? Well heck ya! I'll get in line!! In fact, why don't you just have one of those fairy costumes waitin' for me too once we get there!! If Jane gets blue hair...I want pink!

Cristi--I could probably put my time in for vacation now, but I have to wait until James does his first so I can work my time off around him. And he can't do it until January. (I have no idea why...) So after the holidays we could probably put our requests in.

Jane--I'm hoping that we make it to Vegas!! I told James about when you all wanted to go....He was like "What?? June? Why not July?" I guess he already has some people who are planning on a fathers day week off vacation. We'll just have to wait and see. But wouldn't the 4th of July be cool in Vegas?? Or would we even notice??

Susan--WTG on losing weight....BUT---How in the world are you losing 6lbs already?!! I've been busting butt here and haven't lost an ounce! Tell me your secret! But I'm going to blame it on TOM.....I've been bloaty all day yesterday. But I do sit here feeling a bit green w/envy!

Katy--Fantastic on building muscle and losing weight!! I've been standing in front of the mirror and looking at my gut and thighs....that's been motivating me to keep on exercising!! Say...when we all meet....we'll all be thin little hotties...do we really want to bring our hubbies w/us??

Sue--What exactly is a card party??? Do you all exchange cards?

Connie--How perfect for your husband to go visit his DD and get a massage in the process. I'm with ya on the lots of laundry to do.....I just gotta go by some detergent if I ever want to get it done!

Ok....I have much to do today. I've got to get a workout in today plus clean my house and then go run some errands in town. And it's already noon!!! Geez!!

Take Care Ladies
Closed Thread