View Poll Results: Where should we Jaded Ladies meet next year?
Portland, OR 1 8.33%
San Fransisco, CA 0 0%
Indianapolis, IN 4 33.33%
Las Vegas, NV 7 58.33%
somewhere else (please comment) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 09:02 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Question Where should the Jaded Ladies meet?

After each JL votes, please comment, so we know that only the JL members get in on the actual count, ok?

My comment is that I'd love to have you visit Indianapolis! Go to www.indydt.com so see a few high points of the downtown area.

For the record, my 2nd choice is Portland.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:47 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

My vote is obviously Portland. Since it's so close!

San Fran is James & mines "honeymoon" town so I wouldn't want to go w/out him.

And Vegas...well I've never been and I would like to experience that w/James too!

Yes...it's all about James isn't it?
Old 10-09-2005, 04:07 PM   #3  

My first choice is Indie since that is pretty close to me. I've been to San Fran and love it, but with my DH health I really can't travel that far.

Connie
Old 10-09-2005, 05:18 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I voted for Indy because it is the closest and would be the cheapest for me, and I could drive there. It's not really my first choice but it's somewhere I have never been before so it would all be new to me.

My second choice is a tie between San Fran and Vegas. Sorry, ladies I know Portland is a nice place but it is last on my list.

Jane, I haven't checked out the site yet but will tomorrow. My computer is so slow today, not sure why. Tried to look at Katie's pictures and couldn't.

Has anyone thought of somewhere different? Somewhere between Portland and IN?
Old 10-09-2005, 07:56 PM   #5  
RosieKate

OK, my poll just came up and said I voted already..hmmmm. Well, the upshot is, after I chatted w/ DH, Vegas is looking more promising. He was talking last night about a trip to Vegas next summer and, of course, the light bulb went off - that's one the places the JLs were talking about as a meeting place! He says it would be cheaper than SFCA, and he wants to come along so we can go see "Avenue Q" (It's a Broadway show that's going to open in Vegas soon - think Sesame Street for grownups)

Old 10-09-2005, 08:44 PM   #6  
a work in progress

Vegas has my vote because the round trip flights would probably be the cheapest for everyone, sounds like a hubby or two would enjoy going there, and I haven't been there since I was a kid -- bet it would be more fun now

SF is my second choice -- more expensive, but it is so beautiful and there is so much to do there.

Reno/Lake Tahoe is choice #3 -- airfare deals, though probably not as good as Vegas, Reno is fun, like a mini-Vegas, and Lake Tahoe is absolutely stunning...
Old 10-09-2005, 08:55 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Default I'm easy....

I'd do Vegas if the rest of you want to. Especially if we could see a show and not just gamble. And it would be fairer, moneywise, for everyone. My sister and her DH go out there several times a year and could maybe give us some pointers. This is one place I can get a direct flight to from Indy.

Marti - would you want to go there if you could bring James? If Katy brings David, I'd bring Neal, and the others could bring their sweeties, or not.

Connie - could you maybe get someone to watch over your DH for a couple of days?

Whichever city we end up picking, we need to do it asap so that everyone can pencil in a vacation request, save $$$, etc.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:14 AM   #8  
kitty Momo

Geez, Marti - you can snuggle with me!! haha

Anyway, going to toss a coin on my vote. Indy sounds like fun or Vegas. Though Portland would have been an obvious choice
Old 10-12-2005, 04:04 PM   #9  

Height: 5'1"

Ok.....I talked to James about all this meeting up and asked him what I should do, since we want a vacation and all.

I told him about Vegas and he said that he'd go and we could do our vacation there. I could spend one day w/you girls and then the rest of the week w/my honey. (We may do half Vegas and half San Fran for our anniversary)

So....are we still thinking Vegas? Or is there another spot you'd all like to go?
Old 10-13-2005, 12:13 AM   #10  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Monte said the same thing,,,Vegas would be fun,,,nice and warm...ha ha ha the Canadian speaks...lol

I love Vegas...and I don't gamble,,,so would love to see Avenue Q,,,there is so much to see. Last time there was 3 years ago.

We could take a break from Disneyland and do Vegas for a couple of days...lol Only 4 hours away....
Old 10-13-2005, 12:14 PM   #11  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hey, Vegas sounds good to me ladies! I think it is great that everyone's honeys want to go also. Of course I won't be bringing mine, will bring DD though. So is this going to be the meeting place?
Old 10-14-2005, 12:00 AM   #12  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I voted for Vegas..but Indy would work equally well depending on the time of year. We aren't in Vegas during the summer, way too hot! Of course, San Fran. is one of my favorite places too, so I could have voted for 3 places.

Sue
Old 10-14-2005, 10:00 AM   #13  

I voted for Vegas cause I have never been there and would love to see it before my times up. Actually we (hubby and I) had planned on being there right now..was supposed to have left this past wednesday..but got a nasty tax notice so that ruled out Vegas. So, Im back to saving again..for that dream vacation.
Janet
Old 10-14-2005, 11:36 AM   #14  
GmaTo8

Well, seems like Vegas is it!!!! I just called my sister, and she said it will be hot, but unless we're out walking in it, it wouldn't be too bad since it's not humid. We can always split a taxi if we go too far, right? We're very limited as to when we can go since some of you have kiddos in school, so June would for sure be better than July or August, don't you think so?

I personally won't be bringing any kids/grandkids to Vegas since my over-21 kids will be unable to go.

Cristi - I doubt that Neal will go, but he might. I won't know until it's time to buy plane tickets, lol.

Angie, I forgot to ask my sister what Avenue Q is. Clue us in, ok?

If any other Jaded Lady has something to say about the meeting place, do so very soon, please, or forever hold your peace. (piece??)
Old 10-14-2005, 07:18 PM   #15  
RosieKate

Here ya go, Jane
http://www.vegas.com/searchagent/eve...hs_txt_aveq_1a

Ave. Q - think Sesame Street for grown-ups - won a bunch of Tonys

Closed Thread