Old 10-13-2005, 03:01 PM   #1  

Question Need Advice on Plateau

Hello, I have lurked on your group and always get insight and inspiration from you all. I have commented on several topics. Well I am hoping you will pipe in here and give me words of wisdom. For over two weigh ins I have remained the same. Very discouraging since I have been journaling, kicked up the exercise. I have stayed within my points don't even count exercise points don't use all my flex points... I have been legal and still nothing. Help I am discouraged trying hard not to be. Has anyone experienced this and how did you cope? If I wasn't being so good I would understand..... I know all the pat answers..... Thanks for listening.... any help is so appreciated
luflic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:25 PM   #2  
Collie Mommie

Have you tried eating your activity points? I have not been doing that all along, but now I have plateaued and am looking to break it, so I am going to try that.
MTHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:43 PM   #3  
Big Ol' loser

I agree- eat more one day and then go back down to your daily points. do it after a weigh in so you have a whole week to work it off
goalnorolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:50 PM   #4  
One pound at a time...

Do you find that you are in a routine of eating the same type of things for breakfast, lunch and dinner? I found when I hit a plateau, that I needed to mix my food up a bit to get over the hump.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 04:04 PM   #5  

Thank you to those who took the time to answer. I will have to shake up my food I do tend to eat the same thing.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

You might try the wendie plan to shake things up on your eating. I can't post a link for it but if you do a search you can read how to do it. I know it worked for me in the past when I did WW points.

Last edited by barbygirl43; 10-13-2005 at 04:14 PM.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 04:40 PM   #7  

Thank you Thank you Thank you I have just spent the past 30 min. purusing Wendy it sounds exactly what I need. I will try that NOW man do I appreciate this info!!!!! You have given me that ray of hope I needed I just need a plan! It is so exasperating when you truly are doing all the right things and wam nothing! You are wonderful
Old 10-13-2005, 05:16 PM   #8  

Yay, I'm glad you've already received some great advice! This Wendie plan sounds like just what you've been looking for. Dawnyal is awesome, isn't she?!! If you don't go with that, then I would definitely recommend calorie cycling as well as exercise intensity cycling. Really shake things up, especially if you're stuck in a rut right now. Also, are you doing any weight lifting at all? And how many times a day are you eating? 5-6 times a day will do wonders for a sluggish metabolism. Also, you have to keep in mind that sometimes our bodies just decide to take a break, whether we like it or not! Just know that you are doing the absolute best things you can for your body by taking care of it, feeding it healthy foods, and giving it regular exercise. So even if the scale isn't reflecting your efforts, your body is thanking you for them, I promise! Just keep at it, day after day, you're doing great!!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 06:05 PM   #9  

I am a huge advocate of this idea, but have never seen it in print anywhere. I just noticed it is what has worked for me!

I would like to add, however, that it has been most successful for me when the extra calories I consume are all healthy ones -- mostly because I feel better and I don't end up craving bad-for-me foods because I ate them.

Thanks for the reminder here. Although I do advocate this type of thing, I haven't been thinking of it this week and I feel a plateau coming on.
irishgreengables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 02:58 PM   #10  

Thank you ladies! I feel better already just having a plan. I started using weights today when I am on the treadmill just for ten minutes. How did you start with weights? Thanks for the encouragement. We sure need it when we are in this for the long haul! I am here for the long haul this time!!!!No turning back!!! Again thanks it is so wonderful to have a place to truly get answers from people who truly care and understand this battle and I second that baby girl is Awesome!
Old 10-14-2005, 02:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Check out the Ladies Who Lift forum. You'll find some great information and links to websites with wonderful workout programs. I lift 6 days a week and love it.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote