Old 10-12-2005, 09:11 AM   #1  
.::Princess::.

S/C/G: 308/288/150

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy OT: Missing Kitty

I just wanted to share with everyone that one of my cats got out last night and I can't find him anywhere. I am worried sick because I just moved back with my mom and I'm scared he won't come back. My other kitty, Gizmo, has been looking all over the house for him, meowing... I'm probably being over dramatic but seriously, they're like best kitty friends and I feel terrible for me, Gizmo, and mostly Orion because he's out in the cold...

I missed exercise this morning because I was up SO late looking for him. Maybe I'll go for a walk this evening. I hope he's back when I get home from work tonight. I don't want him to be gone forever.
SnShn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:16 AM   #2  
One pound at a time...

Sarah, I am sorry to hear about your missing kitty. I personally do not have any cats, but I would know how I would feel if my dog went missing. I know cats are pretty good at finding their way home. Is there any chance kitty might have gone back to your grandmother's house instead, as he would be familiar with the area?
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:08 AM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hang in there, Sarah!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Hopefully he just wanted to prowl around for a bit and will be home when you get there.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 11:38 AM   #5  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Poor kitty. I hope he is there when you get home. I know how you feel. Our animals are our kids and we worry about them just like they were our kids.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 11:44 AM   #6  

Hey guys,

Thanks for being supportive! I feel like a nutcase for being upset about a cat but I mean, Orion and Gizmo are MY kitties that I bought and have taken care of since they were both eight weeks old. (I got them about 6 months apart from each other) I just think it's crazy the difference in them though. Orion was from a shelter and he was originally found outside in a garage and Gizmo was from a family with kids, other cats and even big dogs so he's the more friendly, wants to be in the house one. Neither of them are outdoor cats though so I don't think Orion would have went the 20 blocks to back to Gram's. He only got out once there and he was so terrified that he was hiding behind a bush and he meowed as soon as he heared me talking. Last night, my brother was chasing him, trying to catch him, which probably scared the crap outta him! Well, I don't know. I hope I find him and as soon as I do, collars and tags for the both of them... Thanks again guys.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:21 PM   #7  
Crazy Canuck

Hope your little kitty finds his way home soon.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 02:26 PM   #8  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Any news about Orion yet? It is not nutty to be worried about a kitty. They (our pets) are such good company ~ sometimes they are better to us than people are.

Anyway hoping for kitty's safe return ~ keep us posted.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 04:28 PM   #9  

My dogs were my babies, even when my grown children were little. I know what it is to love your pet. Hope he comes home soon. Would it help if you put out some food on the porch for him?
jmacway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 05:00 PM   #10  

No news about Orion yet. I even drove all the way home and back on my lunchbreak just to take a 20 minute search for him. (I have an hour lunch...) No trace this afternoon. I'm a dork! I hope I find him tonight... As for food, we have food out because we're in process of keeping a stray momma kitty as soon as she gets spayed and shots tomorrow. So, if he's not back by then, the food will have to stay. Oh well, hopefully I'll have good news tomorrow about Orion. Thanks again everyone!
Old 10-12-2005, 10:12 PM   #11  

Sometimes it takes a while before kitties come home, so don't despair. But if there's a pound or animal shelter in your area, drop in there to see if he has appeared, and leave a photo just in case. Also in some places you can put a lost pet ad in the local paper for free, although that can lead to nasty crank calls. Good luck, I know I'd be pretty upset if Lily or Zen went on the prowl.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:55 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

sarah - My nephew's cat got out. It was a couple days before they found her. She was in a bush beside the house. Keep checking everyday. Our pets are furry kids.
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:02 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 351 / 282 / 135

Height: 5'3"

I read online that most lost cats don't tend to stray more than 3 houses from where they started. Not sure if it's true or not, though.

I have two cats, Mop and Raphael, and I've lost Mop twice. The first time was when I moved to a new state, new apartment. I was so upset! I was walking around crying looking for her, I felt like an idiot getting so worked up over a cat, but I was. I think the move stress might've compounded it. Anyway, I did a web search for 'lost cat' and found a page that suggested looking various places. One was behind the refrigerator. Turns out, that's where she was! So she hadn't slipped outside afterall.

The second time was when I moved into my new house. I was having a refrigerator delivered, and told the people not to leave the door open. But they did, it was a hectic day, I had like the refrigerator and cable guy and someone else all there at the same time. Anyway, Mop slipped outside for real this time. She was gone about a day and a half before I found her beside the house, looking like nothing out of the ordinary was going on. But again, I was so upset, so I think that's a natural feeling.

Hope you find the cat soon, though. They really are like family.
rabidstoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:13 AM   #14  
Downsizing Dee!

Any luck finding the kitty yet?
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:46 AM   #15  

Default **yay**

Hello Everyone!

I have some SUPER news... Orion is home! It was a last ditch effort of looking before I went to bed last night. I wasn't even going to go out again because I had been looking on and off all night. It was becoming kind of painful to not find him over and over... Anyway, I asked my mom to come out and help me. We headed out with flashlights, a container of treats and two balls with bells in them. We were shaking the treats and balls. Also, Orion knows a few words such as eat and come so I was calling him saying "Come eat. Come on, Orion." We were looking everywhere that we had looked before and there was no sign of him. My mom had seen a skunk in the backyard earlier by our shed so we were kind of calling Orion and also looking for the skunk around there. I was about to give up and go in when out poked a tabby's face. I was like "OMG Orion! Come here, buddy." Without a fight he came out and I took him in straight to my brother's room. He was feeling terrible about the whole thing because he was holding the door open when Orion left. I told him it wasn't his fault and I'm so relieved for me and especially for Matt because he doesn't have to feel so guilty! And yay! Orion is home!