Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 10-09-2005, 04:02 PM   #1  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Default 2 + tests this morning

Hubby and I have been ttc #4 for 4 years now. I did get pregnant once and miscarried about a year+ ago. I was late this month and I had cheapie pregnany tests so I took one. It was +, I bought a expensive brand and that too is +. I am in shock. I am 50 pounds overweight and I wasn't gonna try anymore til I got down to 175. Well, the universe has a warped sence of humor. My last pregnancy I kept my gain to under 15, the time before under 20. I can do it again. I was just getting into WW too. But I won't send out announcements quite yet. I have a wierd thyroid that made me miscarry last time and I want to make sure all is well first. Ignorance was bliss, now I am cautious. I don't feel pg but then again I got sick of thinking I felt different and getting negative after negative tests.

Anyways...I am 36, mom of 3 sons 15, 11 and 5. Live near Reno NV. SAHM. Love doing crafts. Look forward to posting with you all.

Last edited by flower; 10-09-2005 at 07:21 PM.
flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 06:33 PM   #2  

I just want to say congrats to you on your positive. Now I hope that I won't have to say "welcome to the world of morning, noon and night sickness"!! I wanted this baby for so long to complete my family and like you, I m/c in June so I was hesitant to say anything but this nasty yuckiness pretty much makes me feel this baby is a keeper. The positive tests were fun but this part of it definately isn't. Good luck.
lakelog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 10:50 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome and congratulations! My DH and I waited to announce our pg as well (I have several friends who have had early m/c). It must be something about WW, because I was just starting the program when I got pg. LOL

This is baby #1 for me and I will be a SAHM once baby comes. What type of crafts do you do? I'm into quilting and knitting.

Hope you have a safe and happy pg!
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 10:57 AM   #4  
you can call me flower

crafting...woodburning, beading, jewelry making, cross stitch, floral design, wreath making, mailbox painting. Lots of stuff. I adore beads and makes lots with them.

I had every intention of not telling anyone, but everyone needed some good news.

As for m/s, never had it with my other pregnancies. I have some I feel gross mornings but nothing that has me thrown up. I get hypoglycemic when pg. I have to have snacks around 24/7. Or I faint, so much fun.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:31 PM   #5  
future lightweight rower

S/C/G: 146/146/135

Height: 5'9"

Congratulations!!!

I had a m/c last year so I hesitated to tell people for the first few weeks - I was happy every time I felt sick. I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy
toybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 12:25 AM   #6  
resident lactivist

Congratulations!
GreatBigMonsterMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 08:05 PM   #7  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

congratulations! We were TTC for a year when it finally happened for us. We thought about not telling for awhile to make sure I didn't m/c but my grandpa had very recently passed away, and the family needed some good news. Also, we want to celebrate every moment of our child's life, no matter how short or how long that might be.
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 02:14 AM   #8  

Congatulations on the new baby. We are also ttc but so far no luck. I'm thinking its due to the breastfeeding. I got my AF the same month my son turned 1 y/o (August) it came again 3 weeks later. Now I'm 2 weeks late again. I've taken pregnancy tests but they all come back Neg. I'm going to take another one on Monday and see what happens.
Just wondering, did you get your Thyroid checked out? I used to work for an Endocrinologist before, she was very on top of things when she would find out that one of her patient was pregnant.

I also knit, crochet, and cross stitch.
Rakkoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 08:29 PM   #9  
Sarah on LAWL

S/C/G: 176/170.2/148

Height: 5'6"

Hi all! My hubbie and I are trying to conceive baby #1. In the meantime, I'm going to try to stop gaining weight - and maybe even lose a few pounds before the pregnancy. Since this is my first go-round, I'd appreciate any words of wisdom or encouragement. My TOM is due this week Tuesday (tomorrow) -ish. It was always on Wednesdays - but was Tuesday last month - so not real sure this month. I'm anal and took one of those 'early' pg tests on Saturday morning (one that's suppose to read up to five days early) - but it was negative. Assuming I'm not pg - this will have been our third month attempting - I've heard that six months may be the average - any truth to that? In any case - I'm going to look at it either way as a blessing. If I'm pregnant - that is GREAT. If I'm not - it's another month I have to try to lose a couple pounds and get in better shape.

Thanks for letting me drone on....
Snactuary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 10:51 PM   #10  
you can call me flower

It took me almost 2.5 years this time around. But I have thyroid problems. They say you need to try for 1 year before getting help unless you are over 30, then just try for 6 months before getting help. There is a great book, "taking charge of your Fertility". I forget the author. Librarys carry it. It will teach you a ton. Good luck.

I had my 2nd ultrasound today, we saw the heartbeat, but I am just 6 weeks, not 7.5 weeks, I ovulated late. But it all looks wonderful! Great halloween treat.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:14 AM   #11  

I just wanted to mention for any of you who don't already, use Fertility Friend for TTC. It is wonderful and the basic thing of charting is free. I used it for this PG as well as the one I lost in June but the magic thing is finding out whether you actually ovulate or not. Also you will see that your TOM doesn't need to come on the same day each month. I learned so much about my body and ttc after a 10 year hiatus. It made it fun as well. Good luck.
lakelog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:20 AM   #12  
Sarah on LAWL

Hi ladies... Well - since today/tomorrow is the estimated TOM for me - I decided to be crazy and run to the store this morning and pick up an early detection test - even though I just felt in my heart it wasn't going to be positive. I did not use my first morning's urine - there were two tests so I figured I'd try the second one out if I didn't get my TOM - and do it the 'right' way in a couple days. Anyway - I used 'Answer' early pregnancy test - suppose to test at 25 level. I read the result - and there is an EXTREMELY faint line in addition to the control line. I read online that ANY line, no matter how faint - is a positive result. Is that true? I obviously will test again in the morning - but this is my first baby - and I want to hear what you lovely ladies think! I keep staring at the thing - perhaps I'm willing a line to be there!
Old 11-01-2005, 12:35 PM   #13  
you can call me flower

If the line stays there for at least 2 hours, it is probably correct. Answer sometimes has disappearing lines, those are false positives. Gray lines are to be considered negative. Do you have a dollar store there? They have good tests. I hope this is it for you. I tested pos at 7dpo. Which is way early, but it is possible. I wouldn't believe it unless it hadn't happened to me.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:58 PM   #14  
Sarah on LAWL

Thanks! It's definitely a light pink line - same color as the control line - but much fainter. It's now been almost 2 hours and the line is still there. I am trying to control my excitement to avoid possible disappointment! I'll take the second test in the morning and see if it's a little more conclusive (or at least consistent). My hubby is out of town and will return Thursday - I'd love to be able to give him some good news! Also - what great timing - I moved to Texas last year before we got married (from Illinois) - and we're going back to visit my family for Christmas - what great timing for a happy announcement! Okay - obviously I'm getting WAY ahead of myself. Thanks for the words of encouragement - I'll post back later when I have more conclusive news...
Old 11-02-2005, 08:57 AM   #15  

Height: 5'7"

I hope your second test shows two lines too.

(I used a cheap test the day before TOM was due, and had a faint line show up. The next morning, I used a digital test and "Pregnant" came up right away!) Good luck, and let us know what happens
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote