Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 08:40 AM   #1  

Default Cows in Cowstumes Say MooHaHa MooooHaHa

Peachie, That is priceless! Halliburton and I like your new attitude and philosophy!

Bagz: How's yer head this morning? Margie night.. I love Strawberry Margaritas.. We once had a Blizzard Party with dualing blenders making all kinds...Needless to say We think we had fun that night.

Painty: I've been doing South Beach and counting calories..but my weightloss has stalled so I'm back to Phase 1 of SB... Big Tex looks like Big Fun... the NC State fair starts next week.. as new residents we are obliged to go ..and I will be having zeppolis or funnel cakes! Those Griffon doggies faces always remind me of mad leprachauns .. Jeez some folks can't distinguish between Wants and Needs... Who needs 3 dogs!Sheesh, glad you were able to mediate for them!

Cookie Cow: Welcome back Cookie!
Old 10-08-2005, 08:47 AM   #2  
loves kleenex box art

Shots is a very fancy poster. Very organized.

My poor little DS now has this job that ends at 9 p.m. and his classes start at 8 a.m. He is tired. He's working 20-25 hours a week. Bagzie, was it like this for your girlies?

Moohahaha
Old 10-08-2005, 01:31 PM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Cookie! Great to have you back! When you say your house is wreck, I hope you mean like my house is and not like Katrina wreckage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
She ended the call with, "Why don't you talk to Cheney and see how much Halliburton can pitch in."
Woohoo! That's great!

Chicken piccata sounds lovely. You have nice friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainterWoman
he says the radiation could make.....my boobs tan "unevenly"
Well, there's a deal-breaker right there

I can't wait to the new W&G movie, I love those. I have the whole collection of Wallace & Grommit short films.

Diva is not mine, mine is the Pink puppy. Diva is the only one still looking for a home. I'm really surprised, because she is just adorable. However, no way can I have more than 1 puppy, this is a ****load of work as it is. That whole thing about people wanting another dog because they are so cute, is a little pathological. I mean, lots of people do have 3 or more dogs, but when you get a dog just because it's cute, not because it makes any sense to add it to your household, you're starting down the wrong path. This friend of mine who has 5 dogs is an example. She started with 1 Aus. Shepherd and got another of a different color (at the time she and her DH were both employed at the local paper co.). Then she got a different type of dog, an Eskie, because it was so cute. Then she decided she wanted a mini-Aussie, which is of a 3rd color type, and now she's gotten another mini of a 4th color type. And they both lost their jobs when the paper co. went belly up, both got other jobs which sucked, then he moved to Ga. for work and only comes home every few weeks or so. She is unemployed again (she worked at the same place my DH did until those jobs ended in June), finishing a college degree, and bringing up a puppy with 4 grown dogs, all alone. And every time I go over there to let Jet play with them, she says things like "I've always liked Belgians, maybe I'll get one." She is a "collector" I think, and it's a definite problem. Needless to say, I didn't tell her about Diva.

We're going to the movies!!!! Wow, I'm so excited! I think we're going to see Flight Plan. Jet will go with us. Why not, her name is Jet, the movie is about a Jet. JK she will be happily snoozing in the car.

Kiwi
Old 10-08-2005, 07:43 PM   #4  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

mooooooooohaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa===i LOVE it----Shatzicow VERY good thread starter!!!====peachers'====i hated it when dd21 used to work at the CAnadian Tire and they made her stay and "clean up" after they closed at TEN on a school night---i would wait in the car sometimes til ten thirty-----then she got a job at the market where i am now=-----the salad bar---it closed at six and the clean up lasted til seven thirty----that was MUCH better-----neither one of them worked in Grade Twelve cause they were involved in too many time consuming things at the school======THIS summer was nuts with the restaurants closing at two am-----at least they could sleep in =======i guess if he can get all his work done and his marks don't suffer AND he wants to work-----that should be okay------dd21 is DRIVING WITH HER FRIENDS TO TORONTO AS WE SPEAK-----SHE IS GOING TO SEE "THE CUTE ONE" AT THE AIR CANADA CENTRE IN CONCERT=-------------SHE IS GOING HERE------http://www.theaircanadacentre.com/calendar.php?view=event&eventID=759 TOO BAD LUSHIE DOESN'T COME HERE ANYMORE----SHE WOULD BE JEALOUS---OR DID SHE LIKE SOMEONE ELSE????
Old 10-08-2005, 11:25 PM   #5  
loves kleenex box art

Bagzie Hagzie .. remember that DS isn't working because he wants to .. he has to pay his car insurance because HIS MOTHER IS OUT OF WORK> When will this change?

Let's make up stories about Lushie. I say that she was the real Dusty and is now calling BINGO in the state asylum. What's the name of that Shots? Dusty was this woman who was so awwwfulll that she almost made Sugar curse.

DS could make more money if he traveled across the toll bridge to the other side of the bay but I'm not telling him. He's too new a driver to do that regularly. After he gets a little experience, maybe he'll want to check that out. Too many kids die in accidents driving back from work at night. They fall asleep at the wheel. Next semester, he has classes at night so he'll work in the day .. maybe then.

The cute one?? We talking Beatles?
Old 10-09-2005, 09:38 AM   #6  

Cowsie: U thinking of Joisey's Marlboro State Mental Health Facility..Was Dusty a Mean cow that you banished?

Kiwi: Dh and I went to see flight plan yesterday.. It was okay..held my interest..is it just me, or is Jodie Foster got just one facial expression for Terror and Panic.. seems like I get whiffs of Panic Room and Silence of the Lambs in her acting anymore.. I wanted to see W/G but DH seems to think any animated or claymation film is for children ? Grrrr... we stopped in a Lone Star restaurant .. and proceeded to turn around and go to the Outback instead.. Chubbed up on a good steak and salad..and cawfee and sambucca...

Sunday's around here are full of "Meet The Press", "George Stephanoupolus"..listening to DH mutter and converse and shout at the TV...Today he gleefully is hoping that the neocons/reb canibalize themselves over Miers... and Rove and "Scooter"...and Frist and Delay....

Another overcast rainy day here..Sheesh I'm beginning to think I live in Seattle..

Last edited by Schatzi; 10-09-2005 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:40 AM   #7  

Default Tragedy and Great Losses

President Bush was visiting a primary school and he dropped in on one of the classes. They were in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings. The teacher asked the President if he would like to lead the discussion on the word "tragedy".

So the illustrious leader asked the class for an example of a "tragedy."

One little boy stood up and offered: "If my best friend, who lives on a farm, is playing in the field and a tractor runs over him and kills him that would be a tragedy."

"No," said Bush, "that would be an accident."

A little girl raised her hand: "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy."

"I'm afraid not," explained the president. "That would be a great
loss, but wouldn't meet the definition of a tragedy."

The room went silent. No other children volunteered. Bush searched the room. "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"

Finally at the back of the room a small boy raised his hand. In a quiet voice he said: "If Air Force One carrying you and Dick Cheney and Secretary Rumsfeld was struck by a "friendly fire" missile and blown to smithereens, killing everyone aboard, that would be a tragedy."

"Fantastic!" exclaimed Bush. "That's right. And can you tell me why
that would be a tragedy?"

"Well," says the boy, "It has to be a tragedy, because it certainly
wouldn't be a great loss and it probably wouldn't be an accident either."
Old 10-09-2005, 02:37 PM   #8  
loves kleenex box art

Bush jokes!! Cows against Bush.!!

Went to church today. Peacher is reading out of the book of numbers and I'm following along in my bible which is a different translation. All of a sudden he said something about looking at a circle of grass. You can be saved by looking at a circle of grass .. but I don't recall any landscaping back then. I just couldn't find it and had to look at somebody elses bible which said serpent of brass. Mind said bronze snake.

Shots, tell me what you're eating today. Everything. Then come exercise me.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:55 PM   #9  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi
..Was Dusty a Mean cow that you banished?

Kiwi: Dh and I went to see flight plan yesterday.. It was okay..held my interest..is it just me, or is Jodie Foster got just one facial expression for Terror and Panic.. seems like I get whiffs of Panic Room and Silence of the Lambs in her acting anymore.

Sunday's around here are full of "Meet The Press", "George Stephanoupolus"..listening to DH mutter and converse and shout at the TV...Today he gleefully is hoping that the neocons/reb canibalize themselves over Miers... and Rove and "Scooter"...and Frist and Delay....
Dusty was pre-Cow. She was a Messie. We have a long history around. She was a lunatic. She was the Jumbo size version of Phyllis Schlafly.

You are very lucky to have a liberal-leaning spouse, let me tell you. Mine is conservative, much to my surprise after marrying him. ahem. He's more of a Nixon conservative than a Bushie, but still. He "confessed" that he didn't vote for Bush in 2004, which actually pi**ed me off more than if he'd voted for Bush, because he implied that it's a shameful secret to vote for a Democrat. Sometimes I just want to turn him in on a newer model.

Flight Plan was fun, but it wasn't as suspenseful as I had expected. I like Jodie Foster, but I can see what you mean about the same character. Oh well. The little girl was adorable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz
dd21 is DRIVING WITH HER FRIENDS TO TORONTO AS WE SPEAK-----SHE IS GOING TO SEE "THE CUTE ONE" AT THE AIR CANADA CENTRE IN CONCERT=----------
Lucky her! Maybe he'll sing "Jet"!

Gotta go to a family dinner today. It has been raining for 2 days now. Jet was very displeased the first time she stepped in a puddle (please note she has waded into the lake several times), it was hilarious! Today she has given in to the weather and wants to play outside. yuk.

Later gators. Don't let Dusty getcha.

Kiwi
Old 10-09-2005, 02:57 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

Reason #294 Why I Don't Go to Church

You suppose that's the origin of crop circles?

Old 10-09-2005, 03:07 PM   #11  
loves kleenex box art

I am so surprised that Kiwi has a conservative DH. I am shocked actually. Kiwi is the most eloquent of arguers against that kind of thing.

I'm eating M&Ms and feel it's Shots fault for not speaking quickly enough.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:36 PM   #12  
fatter than U

Me 'n' Leslie had hot dates on Friday and today and I'm STILL fat. Fatter, in fact. Nothing is helping.

AAAAAAAAAAAND - I ignored Schazti's warning and highlighted my hair at home. Looks great if you like orange stripes. Dh helped me so they are very nicely spaced orange stripes, but still. I'll be waddling down to the drugstore in the morning to see if I can come up with something to tone things down a bit.

Tomorrow is Canadian Thanksgiving. I have baked a pumkin pie. And an elderberry one. I didn't even know one could make a pie out of elderberries until last week. It looks interesting.

I'm boring myself. Must go to bed.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:42 PM   #13  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Speaking Of Pumpkin Pies----
Old 10-09-2005, 10:45 PM   #14  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

SPEAKING OF PUMPKIN PIES----you are right sugar--it's Thanksgiving here----AND KIWONKSS--- it HAS been steady RAINING for two days----NON STOP----HOW DEPRESSING---THIS RARELY HAPPENS---WE GET RAIN BUT NOT FOR TWO DAYS WITHOUT A BREAK---usually thanksgiving is lovley and fallish and full of nice leaf pics-----i ate like an incredible hog today----and i actually finished off the evening by drinking liquoers and EATING CHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--------what an idiot----------------i made FOUR pumpkin pies---we ate two. i gave my brother one and their is one here at the house if anyone wants one-------------i am going to barf or burst
Old 10-09-2005, 11:18 PM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

I'll take it. We don't do punkin pie for another month...

Yeah, me too, Peachie.
Closed Thread