Old 10-07-2005, 08:53 AM   #1  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Default Tgif 10/7

Hey y'all--SO GLAD the week is over in a few hours! It's been a **** of a couple of weeks. I saw my orthopaedic doc yesterday, and he said my shoulder is doing great, but still needs some work.I had a severe rotator cuff injury.) He gave me a pulley to use as therapy and to see him again in four weeks.

My boyfriend's son is recovering from his accident. His jaw is broken in two spots and his tongue was severed about 75% on the end of it. He was hit directly in the face with a hard plastic bucket that was used to catch condensation from a compressor. (He works in the plant where my BF works as a mechanical engineer.) He needs surgery to repair his jaw, then they will wire it shut while it heals. So far there hasn't been a surgery scheduled, but it should be very soon.

Then to top it off, I got word from my OBGYN that my Pap smear came back abnormal, and the doctor want to perform a colposcopy to determine what the abnormal cells are--benign, pre-cancerous or cancerous. "Luckily", I have been fanatical about reguar Pap tests, so if it is cancer, it is caught early and recovery chances are excellent. I've had a coploscopy before and it was determined that the cells were not cancer at that time. NOT a fun procedure, by the way.

Believe it or not, I'm not worried about what the results are right now. I know that whatever the outcome, I can get through it. I have a wonderful man by my side that will give me all kinds of great support, plus I have wonderful friends--in real life and online.

Geez, I didn't mean to ramble on like that....have a great OP day, y'all!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 09:13 AM   #2  

Phiew, I can understand why you're glad the weekend is here! It sounds like you're dealing with a lot.

I've had my jaw broken, too, and surgery to repair it. I also had my mouth wired shut. Word of advice: no broccoli soup! He'll have to have everything pureed for him to drink, but even pureed broccoli gets stuck in the wires! Tell him to buy some of that wax that they put on braces...you know, the little rolls of soft wax that just uncoil so you can stick them between the braces and your cheeks...? Otherwise his mouth will be cut to ribbons. Tell him I hope he feels okay, and someone out here sympathizes!

I'm sorry to hear about your PAP, even if you're not worried. No one needs to deal with something like that. I've got my finigers crossed for you that it's nothing.

Yay friday!
mousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 11:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

My goodness you have had quite the week. I'll be thinking of y'all.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 11:47 AM   #4  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

Well I'm glad it's Friday also but my week has not been near as hectic as yours. Hope things let up and you get a good rest this weekend. Hope things go well with your boyfriends sons jaw and surgery.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 01:17 PM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Wow, that certainly is alot to deal wih. Hope you have a relaxing weekend!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 02:10 PM   #6  

Ouch, poor guy! He must be simply miserable!

I hope everything turns out fine on your Pap smear! Good for you for being fanatical about getting them done. I'm ashamed to say it, but I don't think I've had one done since my dd was born, and she's 8! Please don't yell at me! But good luck, and let us know what they find out, k?

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 02:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Oh, my, you've had quite the awful week! The son's accident sounds horrible. I hope he's getting some good pain medicine, poor guy.

I'm crossing my fingers that things go well with your procedure. Sounds like you have the strength to get through anything, but we can all hope that you don't have to use that strength, right?

Beverly--make that appointment today!! Not yelling (see, no caps!), just a not-so-gentle reminder to take care of yourself.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 02:54 PM   #8  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

I'm not gonna yell at ya, Beverly....but DO get it done. It's only a couple of minutes of discomfort in exchange for your life....a no-brainer!

Thanks for everyone's well wishes!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 03:02 PM   #9  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Jeanette,
I'm so sorry you've had such a tough week...I hope that DB's son has a speedy and complete recovery..sounds like a scary accident!

I too, had abnormal cells from a pap when I was 16.... had the colposcopy and then cryotherapy (freezing abnormal tissue which then dies and falls away) I've been fine ever since, but it was indeed VERY scary and no fun at all.

Sending all my positive thoughts,
xoxoxox
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 03:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

OK. I get to yell a wee bit at you Beverly. There that should do it.

That's one thing I don't skimp on is getting the yearly pap even after my first experience was quite traumatic and the woman downright hateful.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote