Old 10-03-2005, 06:19 PM   #1  

Default Week At A Time Challenge #15 - Please Join Us!

The object of this thread is to take on at least one challenge related to your weight loss goals for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you - a certain amount of water intake, no sugar, 30 minute walks, etc.

I will award accolades for each day you maintain your goal(s), and 7 day winner awards and pounds down at the end of the week. We will begin each challenge on Monday - you can choose a new challenge or repeat any challenge for extra mileage. If you would like to stretch yourself, take on more than one challenge.

We will support each other keeping in mind to stay focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week related to our weight loss. There are plenty of threads where a lot of time is spent on personal stories, so let's try to keep that to a minimum.

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:40 PM   #2  

Default Last Week's Shining Stars!

Hi Ladies - sorry it took me so long to post today. Last week's leaders are . . . drumroll please . . .

ceejay
carla
Casper and for 2lbs down!
Fishwoman
Bonniebelle
Sandybhat and for 2lbs down!
and me for 7 days of goals met!

haleys - good to hear from you. Thanks for checking in and looking forward to seeing you back soon.

BJ welcome to our little group - your goals sound fabulous - "I want commit to using my bowflex 3 times this week (30 min) and taking 2- 30 min cardio walks." Just let us know each day you meet your goal(s). I give kudos for each day you report and tally them at the end of the week.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:55 PM   #3  

Im new to this little group, but it seems a lot easier to take a hold of one week at a time instead of looking at a large amont of time(eg. a year, etc.).

My goals for this week are:
- Water, water, water.. no drinks other than water
- Workout for at least 30-45 minutes everyday
SweetKisses03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 12:03 PM   #4  
Cynical RedHead

Okay, this week's goal is to get at least 45 minutes of activity each day.

Monday I took a 45 minute total body conditioning class.

I haven't exercised yet today, but it is only noon, so i have plenty of time.

I was going to do the 5 servings goal again, but i already messed that up yesterday with only 4 servings of veggies.
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 01:11 PM   #5  

Hi all. I haven't been posting for various reasons, but I've been lurking. And even more important, I actually did stay with my challenge all week last week! Breakfast every day, and at least one "proper" meal every day. I'd choose the came challenge this week again, but already didn't have a proper meal yesterday. So this week's challenge is no fast food. I almost stopped at a Macdo's or Wendy's yesterday, but managed to hang tight.

On Friday I have my rhinoplasty, so I don't really expect I'll be eating properly for a few days after, Then again, nice creamy milkshakes may be just what I need... Once I fully recover from that, it'll be time to get on an exercise challenge at last. UPS has my new Gazelle waiting to be delivered to me, so maybe that will be the toy of choice. Spinning classes start in November, so I really should get out on the bike a bit to get my butt ready for those 90 minute classes...

Gotta go.

Last edited by carla49; 10-04-2005 at 01:13 PM. Reason: typo
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:06 AM   #6  
Cynical RedHead

I finished day 2! I did 45 minutes on my elliptical yesterday evening.

Okay - Day 3 is out of the way - 45 minutes on the elliptical at the gym over lunch.

Last edited by FishWoman; 10-05-2005 at 03:43 PM. Reason: met my goal today as well
Old 10-05-2005, 05:53 PM   #7  

Hi everybody!

I got lost and could not find challenge no #14 but seeing all of you here has raised my spirits so good to see you all, Last week I had lost a pound and was on 156lb but now you all can all see I have packed up 3 pounds I am feeling like a and hate myself this is all because I cannot let go not even the wt. which is pulling me down ( I dont know how to deal ) whenever I am loosing something get into me and I start binging but I am not going to quit the loosing game. I am with you all.

welcome to SweetKisses03 I am not too old on this site either maybe 2 weeks so welcome.....

I have to stick to my water goal of 64 oz...... this week.
Good luck to you all.

Do you have to fill the wt tracker everytime you r posting a message pl enlighten me on this....... or I just have to save the url
sandybhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 11:54 PM   #8  

Hi mscat! It's okay that it took you so long to post today. You are tryuly a busy lady! Thanks for including me in last week's leaders! Thanks for the drumroll! Thanks for the and the for my 2 lbs. down! I'm so excited!

Hi SweetKisses! Welcome! Good luck on your goals for this week!

Hi FishWoman! Good luck on this week's goal! Congrats on Monday's 45 total body conditioning! Sorry about your 4 sevings of veggies. On the bright side, you hade 4 more servings than I did!

Hi Carla! Don't feel bad. I didn't post yesterday for various reasons. What do you mean that you've been lurking? Congrats on staying with your challenge all week last week! I'm out of breakfast food (the kitchen renovation) and my husband went shopping today.........nothing for me calorie wise..... Good luck on your Friday rhinoplasty! My deviated septum surgery didn't affect my eating. Hope that yours doesn't either. What kind of nice, cramy milkshakes are you thinking of? What's a Gazelle? What's a Spinning class?

Back to you, Fishwoman! Congrats on day 2 and day 3! What's an elliptical?

Hi sandybhat! Sorry to hear that you got lost and could not find challenge no #14. Glad that you found us and that we were able to raise your spirits! Don't feel like a and most of all don't hate yourself! I binge too. Glad you are with us! I just got kudos from mscat, but at this moment I am because after a day of being able to completely functioning, an incident with my kids and the neighborhood kids and 1 adult has me I needed something to calm my nerves. So I guess that my 730 calories is going out the window while I am sipping on this white zifindel..... I just weighed my self, and I'm at 170 lbs. Guess I haven't done too much damage yet......... Good Luck on your water goal for this week!
Casper5AXTSU76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 07:23 AM   #9  

I am extremely busy - but will check in later.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:22 AM   #10  

Thanks Casper5AXTSU76 for your sweet words I did my water goal yesterday today I am planning on putting some lime in half of my water intake lets see how it goes.

SweetKisses03 your goals look good............ keep going

carla49 good luck with your rhinoplasty( can I ask what is it?) and you really have a cool machine waiting for you.

cheers to you all ladies!
sandybhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:08 AM   #11  
Cynical RedHead

Caspar - I think ellipticals are also called cross-trainers. They are not quite a stair-stepper and not quite a treadmill. Your legs move more in a running/striding motion than a stepping motion. I have attached a picture of the kind they use at my gym. The one i have a home is a cheap-brand, and i have used the heck out of it.

I haven't worked out yet today, but plan on lifting weights and doing a little cardio. I will re-post once i have met today's challenge!
Attached Images
File Type: png thumb.png (8.1 KB, 58 views)
Old 10-06-2005, 11:33 AM   #12  

Caspar, from what I'm told a Gazelle is what you'd get if you bred a nordic track ski machine with an elliptical. Also called a glider. Non-electric and quiet. Spinning is group indoor cycling, which is demanding and a lot of fun.

Sandybhat, a rhinoplasty is a nose job. Mine is not for aesthetic reasons (although god knows there's PLENTY of room for improvement, if you get my drift... ). I have a badly deviated septum and really want to be able to breathe out of both nostrils. I'm actually counting on the surgery to stop me from eating for a few days.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 03:17 PM   #13  
Cynical RedHead

Day 4 completed! I worked out for a total of 50 minutes - 20 minutes of weight-lifting; 5 hellishly long minutes of abs; and 25 minutes on the elliptical.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:32 PM   #14  

Hi mscat! You sure are an extremely busy lady! Looking forward to your checking in later.

Hi sandybhat! You're welcome for the sweet words. Congrats on your water goal yesterday. Did you put the lime in half of your water intake today?

Hi FishWoman! Thanks for the explantion of the elliptical. How'd you do that attachment? I don't belong to a gym. My weight doesn't bother my husband, therefore, it isn't in the budget......... We used to have a treadmill but when we moved back into his house in '96, he got rid of it! I didn't need it at the time, but I sure do need it now! We have a rower, but it's standing up against the back door in the basement. We don't have room to set it up, but I think that I'm going to start nagging him about making room to set it up. My Mom has some sort of contraption that she said I could have, and I'm going to take her up on it!

Hope that you got a chance to work out today. Did you get a chance to lift weights and do a little cardio. I hate cardio. I've gotten so out of shape that I can't really keep up!

I see that you reposted so I guess that that means that you met today's challenge! Sounds like you had a really good workout!

Hi Carla! Thanks for the info about the Gazelle and spinning.

I hope that your deviated septum surgery goes as well as mine did. I still can't breathe out of both nostrils (sinus) and the surgery didn't affect my eating.....

I gained 1 1/2 lbs. today but I did a lot of walking. I walked my dd to school. I spent most of the rest of the day with my mom - we went to the mall and boy did we get in a lot of walking! I've ordered a pedometer, and have Gone on the Simfast website to try to get control of things. Tomorrow's payday, so I plan to go to the store and get what I need for my daily recipes.

I really need to get my hair done, but I running out of time!

Casper
Casper5AXTSU76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:25 PM   #15  

Default Finally a moment to breathe!

Hi Ladies - Well it is late Thursday evening and I finally am making the time to post. I won't say finding time to post - like I don't believe in saying "I don't have time to exercise" or "eat right." We are always busy. We were busy yesterday, we were busy today, and we will be busy tomorrow. However, we "make" time for whatever is important to us - like watching a favorite program, going to the movies or attending a funeral or a wedding. I challenge all of us to be deliberately in action about "making the time, taking the time" to do what is important to us about our weight loss goals.

SweetKisses welcome to our group. I hope that your time with us will prove fun and profitable! Think of this as eating an elephant one bite at a time! Great goals - let us know how you are doing each day.

Fishwoman for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday!

Carla for Monday's goals. A big from us -we are thinking of you and lifting you up to a successful surgery!

Sandy for Wednesday's goals! I know you were down the other day but don't hate - appreciate yourself as we all do! Life is too short to hate yourself for being human. This is only as tough as we make it. What ever you did yesterday, this morning, even a minute ago is in the past - it's gone and there is nothing you can do to change it so beating yourself up about is pointless. What counts is what you do about it right now. . . and then right now. . . and then right now. Get it? All you have is now to make a difference in your life. The past is gone, you can't make a difference in there anymore. You CAN make a difference right now! Love yourself and your ability to make a difference in your weight loss goals in this moment. You are awesome and we appreciate your presence and willingness to share yourself with us. We love you Also you change your weight tracker whenever you want to - I only change mine on weigh-in day (monday) if I have a change!

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!