Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 10-05-2005, 09:40 PM   #1  
Old Cackler

Default would you call this a funk?

not quite sure what's going on here... i was really happy eating a combination of 1/2 c plain yogurt mixed with about 15 grams protein, 2 tbs low sugar, low fat granola, and some fruit. and i've been eating this at around noon. tastes great. but it's so 'nutrient packed', i guess, that i'm not hungry for lunch, so i eat some roasted veggies in the late afternoon. and i'm not really interested in dinner.

and to top it all off, i'm more interested in veggies and things like wasa crackers and cheese than in meat and other major protein sources.

what's going on here????? is this a major shift? temporary? just plain weird???
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 08:29 AM   #2  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default Funky Too

Good Morning Jiffypop,

I've always had this problem when dieting. I eat 4-5 ounces of homemade yogurt, 1 serving of fruit and splenda mixed in with the yogurt and topped with dry, crunchy Fiber One cereal. (It has 14 grams of fiber plus only 60 calories in one serving) I am not hungry all morning after this hearty breakfast and would totally skip lunch if I didn't know any better. We live out in the country with a huge vegetable garden. I always eat my vegetables first at meal time, just because I love them so. Then I'm too full to eat much protein and end up under 1,000 calories most nights. I have to eat popcorn or something to get my calories up while watching T.V. at night. Sometimes I'll eat some peanuts or nuts of some kind. So you're not alone with this funky quirk.
Bobbi
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 12:58 PM   #3  

Jiffypop...Im doing the same. I have a snack around noontime..maybe 2 tricuits or maybe a small salad and then and at 3pm..no way am I hungry. About 6 then I find that I can eat something but generally its something small...then at 9 or 10pm...maybe a gram cracker....for me I think its the water...cause ..I HATE water so I drink a 1/2 glass every thirty minutes by timer...thats the only way I will drink it...and dont like lemon in it either....so go figure...
One other question....do you buy your wasa crispbreads on line....cause I cant get them anymore here in this small town of ours...
Thanks
janet_921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 01:00 PM   #4  

Afterthought... maybe you can pick up your protein with a protein shake....not the best route but at least its protein..which you really do need..
janet_921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 01:54 PM   #5  

Hi sweetie! I was thinking, our bodies are designed to tell us what we need, so I figure, as long you're keeping up with your protien and nutrient needs, then go with the funk! I think we all could benefit from listening to our bodies more.

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote