Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 10-03-2005, 06:41 AM   #1  
Mel

Default LWL # 223 Oct 3 - Oct 9

Rise and shine LWL Happy Monday morning

I hope everyone had a good week-end and is ready to come back with a vengeance! How about a Halloween mini-challenge to help us get through the next 4 weeks? Between the piles of "football food" here is the US and Halloween candy (is that an international atrocity or just limited to North America?) is dangerous out there!

Here's my proposal: State your plan of choice, and stick to it! Live within yur plan.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 07:12 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Halloween candy is slowly creeping in on us UK peeps! I like the idea of a halloween challenge. I need a kick in the to get going again!

Kickboxing grading went ok, but I won't know if I passed or passed so well I can skip a belt for another couple of weeks! I sincerely doubt I've failed!

DF and I went out for dinner on Saturday. I ordered a salad I NEVER order a salad! It's usually chips (fries) with EVERYTHING! I said we'd have to go get some from the kebab shop over the road after we'd finished our meal! But we didn't! Hooray!

Saturday was mainly "clean" apart from a gooey rocky road sundae which had an ingredient list as long as my arm and made me feel ill! Sunday wasn't bad either, I think I had a bag of crisps that was off plan - oooh and some EXTREMELY gorgeous white chocolate fudge which was my treat for the week! But I did eat too much on Sunday. Oh cripes! I had pizza too...

So I've confessed! Forgive me LWL for I have sinned! And I'm still full from the weekend! Back to weights this week. Oh I was supposed to do my legs this morning because of Lax tonight! I'm feeling too and so not motivated for Lax - too many girlie girls! Maybe after a Pepsi Max I might feel better! I wanna go sleep! It doesn't help that I am now getting up before sunrise just to get to work! Come on GMT! I'm fed up with BST!

Okay! I'm going to be positive from now on! It's nearly lunchtime, I get to walk out to the supermarket for some fresh air (and boy is it fresh out there!) and a bit of an exercise and some pepsi! I just need to work out a weekend strategy!

Alrighty - well the Halloween challenge is decided then! My goal for October - have at least one WHOLE WEEKEND on plan and have the other 3 weekends with just one day with just one treat! I may even manage it!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:14 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

Oh NO! I'm so very bad! Mel will you give me a good ? I'm so ashamed! We went out for dinner last night, and I had chips and a cheese panini. I'm eating clean starting from TODAY! I'm going to be the BEST over the weekend. I'm going to be so good I'm determined to get some lard off for Christmas - It's my present to myself! Although I did do my weights last night so hooray for that!

Right enough food talk, I know it can be done, I know how to do it, I just need to DO IT!

Kickboxing tonight! WOOOOHOOO! I'm really up for a good fight! (Okay now I sound like a psycho, but never mind!)

Have a lovely day laydees - WHEREVER YOU ALL ARE!!
Old 10-04-2005, 07:47 AM   #4  
Mel

LOL 2f- it does seem like we are talking to each other in an echo chamber here!

I had a good day yesterday. Did a spin class at noon, then chest instead of legs. My lifting buddies have changed their schedule because one of them can't get to the gym on Mondays and the other doesn't think I can spot him on 700 pound squats. Gee, wonder why not? So we are doing chest on Mondays and legs on Tuesdays when the whole crew can be there. Just as well, I wasn't sure I could do spinning AND legs!

I am determined too to get this extra lard off me by the end of the month! No more little cheats and tastes. My biggest challenge now is that hockey (ice) season starts this weekend. My dh plays every Saturday night leaving me alone to be annoyed at home, and when he' not playing, the TV in ON with snacks. Argh. I've gotten through this every other year, I can do it again!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:34 AM   #5  

Hey, Mel and 2F - I hear you guys. I am on a IV steriod treatment right now and cannot exercise until it is over (Wed) at the earliest. I need to tell you, the hyper energy people get with steriods is a bit of an urban legend to me. All I want to do is eat and sleep. If I could figure out a way to eat in my sleep all would be peachy. Oh, good thing there is food in my house, but no junk food. and since I haven't been able to see wellenough out of my right eye to drive, it is all good (this is not a good time to remind me of delivery grocery services, OK?)

2F - have you heard your belt results yet?

I am missing my workouts - who would have expected that to happen? My mind is willing but my body is not. Last night I had dreams of working out on the elliptical. I am worried about my sanity now

Vision is vast improved after 3 treatments. Optho expects it to take another 4 weeks or so to fully recover. Headache is finally gone. Meanwhile tests and appointments continue through most of the month of Oct. I'll keep you all posted.

I used most of my energy this morning replying to Elizabeth_C and her running questions "Getting weaker ..." above (It was Mel's fault - she egged me on), so back to Lurk. I am missing you all
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:53 AM   #6  
aka Superwoman!

Hey ellen - you could be building ENORMOUS muscles on those steroids!

No belt results yet... About a week they said! I need a biting fingernail smilie!

Feeling slightly more positive than this morning! My binge fest of cheese and chips has gone down considerably! I'm soooo going to be a good good girl the rest of the month and see what happens!
Old 10-04-2005, 11:20 AM   #7  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey gals - I'm back from lurking for a while...

I'm hanging in here - holding my own while waiting for the motivation to really jump back into my workouts. I'm eating cleanly most of the time and have lost a few pounds. Started up on SB P1 today - hoping a quick loss of 5-10# will give me the guts to get back into the gym. In the meantime I'm walking at lunch time and I've dusted off my NordicTrak at home so at least I'm getting some cardio in.

Ellen - I read your post and thought "geez - what if I *couldn't* exercise?" That in itself should be the kick in the butt I need to stop procrastinating on this whole thing!

Hello to Mel and everyone, hope you're all doing well. Dip, how are you?
Cindy

PS - oh, and I'm in on the Halloween challenge - just the thing I need to get my going. I'm doing a hybrid South Beach/BFL food plan, and BFL workouts once I start lifting again. Let's see if I can drop 10-15# (I'm retaining water) for this month.
BfL_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 11:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Hi all,

Ellen, I hope you are up and at 'em real soon. "Couldn't" exercise? That is a nightmare. I have a co-worker that has gained 25 lbs in about 6 months cause she had to have foot surgery and still can't go on her daily walk / jogs. I feel so bad for her. And also ashamed of myself for skipping a lot of my workouts.

I'm in on the challenge. I haven't been able to manage more than 4 clean food days in a row in like FOREVER. Therefore, I have managed to gain 10# in 2 months. YIKES! I caught a glimpse of myself nude and I swear I look like Jabba the Hutt - rolls and all! I got in 3 miles yesterday and this AM I did back and elliptical for 40 minutes. No more lying to myself that so-so cardio will maintain my losses. I need to sweat off fat and build up muscle.

My Halloween goal will get back to my end of July size of 8-10s and not make the dreaded trip to the basement for the 12s and 14s.

Hi to everyone else and thanks Mel for putting up this challenge. Sounds like we all are in a Fall fall!

Tiki
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 01:06 PM   #9  
Working My Way Back Down

Morning all. I'm up for a challenge since like Tiki I can't seem to put more than a few days of good eating/exercising together. Sigh. I always think of fall as the beginning of a new year - stems back to starting a new grade in school I guess.

Ellen, good to see you. I think that you're taking a different kind of steroids! My DH hated it when he was taking them - made him "twitchy" and increased his appetite (a good thing in his case as he fights to get up to 150!) Hope things are going better for you soon. Vision problems are my nightmare.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 02:50 AM   #10  

Hi all,

Halloween challenge - count me in !! I have miraculously lost some weight last month with my new goal of getting 7 hours of excercise a week. In getting ready for the cold and dark months I am now converting the attic to have a gym place in my house. So I have been hauling tons of junk around, and i am putting in a decent floor etc. During this project i do no additional excercise for that would leave me without energy for the rest of my life.
So my halloween challenge plan is: get the gym place in place and resume the 7 hour excercise goal when it is ready. And of course, clean eats!!

Tiki - great to see you are back ! I was wondering how you were doing !

Ellenuw - Glad to hear the eye is coming along. Take care !!

Pat - Good to see you around too!

Have a great day,
rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 03:46 AM   #11  
aka Superwoman!

Hello laydees!

Feeling a bit dehydrated this morning - headache and all! Am guzzling water by the bucketload!

Kickboxing was great last night - got in lots of fights, really held my own with a real "full on" girl! She's almost as hard as me!!! Actually - I think she's harder, she's got piercings where no piercings should ever go! Apparently my kicks have really improved - must be all the grading practice!

Looking forward to having a healthy day today and doing some weights tonight! DF was wondering what we should do tonight - go out for a meal or something! I said NOOOOO! Also I can't afford it! But then we decided to stay in and cuddle! Sounds like my idea of a good night!

So tonight I have to get my weights done before he gets home. Feeling positive about staying OP this week. Going to work out a strategy for the weekend too!
Old 10-05-2005, 08:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Good morning ladeeeyysss!!!!

2F - "Full on"??? Brings to mind a ex-coworker of mine that is pierced up, tattoed down, wears stretch denim in a way that should be ILLEGAL and BRIGHT blue eye-shadow. If my imagination matches who you battled, you ROCK!!!!!!

Rabbit your project sounds cool. Hope you get everything set up inside so you can get ON it. And good job on losing weight last month.

I'm working harder at managing my time so I can get into bed by 10:30 even though cheer practice is still going strong. I got in there last night at 10:50 and watched TV for 10 minutes to unwind. I was up and at the gym by 5:00 for chest tris and 35 minutes of cardio. I have lettuce, fiesta veggies, and turkey chili in the fridge for lunch and tonight's dinner is already cooked. Send positive vibes my way that I can keep this organizational, better time management system rolling!

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:13 AM   #13  
aka Superwoman!

: I try to be in bed by 10, and I only get up at a mere 6:40!! I reckon the lass I fought last night was about 3/4 what you described!

rabbit, oooh a proper home gym! So jealous!

Getting on with the proper eats ok today. I have one meal out at the weekend, so I'm going to be super SUPER good apart from that one meal! Who knows, I might even chose salad!
Old 10-05-2005, 02:31 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Vacation is wonderful but the aftermath! .... between the stacks of mail and laundry and the house the smells like it's been closed with a cat in it .... And I can't find my notebook!!!!
So I'm trying to eat clean, get my house in order and catch up on some travel lag ... I might go for a wee bike a little later. But I think the weights are for tomorrow.
I'll have to read over last weeks posts in the morning for a kick start.
Be well, everyone!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 03:42 PM   #15  

Hi,

Count me for Halloween challenge - I always noticed that I am better looser with all temptations around and all warning signs on rather than when I am unprepared and caught off guard!

Monday - cardio in the morning
Tuesday - upper body and nice 45 min brisk walk with the dog due to the fact that my dog walker was not available (I love walking my dog but do not have time - our forest is off leash only till 10AM every day and it is dark till 8 AM or so and I am scared to go earlier due to bears wondering there. O here it goes - why do I have to pay somebody to do something I would rather do myself while I have to do my job to pay this somebody for job I would enjoy myself )
Wednesday - nice run 5K outdoors!
Tomorrow plan lower body and Friday is run!

Food is clear this week, no brownies in the house so I will be fine fine fine!
Sashenka is offline   Reply With Quote