Old 09-30-2005, 07:33 PM   #1  

Default LAWL Losers & Friends: October 2005

Tomorrow is October already, can you believe it??? What's your October (scale or non-scale) goal?
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 07:40 AM   #2  
Kate

My october goal scale wise - to get down to 190!
Other goals to work out more, and be OP more!
kcreary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 08:40 AM   #3  

Good morning, chickies!

A beautiful October day! What are my goals for this month? Make as much headway as I can to my 10/31 goal of 178 - that's home weight, not center weight. . . Continue to strive towards the exercise. . . I'm going away for a few days, so I want to be as POP as I can while eating restaurant food. (I have not been in the 170's for about 4-5 years, so this will be MAJOR for me)

TOM started yesterday, so it is doubly surprising that I had a good WI yesterday, and the scale was still at about 187 this morning, so I'm very pleased! This must be one of those clumps that happen every so often. . .

Bre - about weights, I find it much easier to do them along with a tape instead of by myself. Have you tried that?

Kate - we're about the same weight- I'd love to lose between 20-25 pounds by the middle of December. Let's keep our fingers crossed (while we're not holding that water bottle!)

Karen -- if I may make a comment, and you probably won't see this until Monday - the bad thing about having the treat is when you feel like you have to hide it. .. That is one of my OWN personal really BAD habits. I've gone thru several full fat icecream binges that way -- along with *whole* layer cakes. . .my friends when I eat with them couldn't understand why I was overweight when I only ate salad and chicken.

Mary, it seems that you and DH have had a little bit more stress lately than normal, and he is reacting to this? First he's had really long shifts at work, and then you had the stress of Rita, and then dealing with Eli and his mother -- this may just be him needing a little more TLC. . about the computer - can you get a laptop that can be folded up and put away when it's not in use? Obviously, if he's not taking his meds he may not feel physically alright, either, and this is just one of his ways of reacting to it. (I, personally, react by eating!)

Hugs to all chicks!
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 10:12 AM   #4  

Mary - it's truly amazing how much going off meds can affect a person in just a day or two, isn't it? DH is on a thyroid med, too, and I can always tell if he's forgotten to refill his prescription. At least he's diligent about remembering to take it! Has your DH been on it long - is he struggling to adjust to this addition to his morning routine on top of all the other stuff that's been going on in your lives? Hang in there, girl! Glad Eli's procedure went well and that he's feeling better already.

I'm bummed with myself - I invited my mom out to dinner last night, then didn't make very good choices (chicken quesadillas and a couple potato skins) - it's interesting, I've identified WHY I never seem to make "the best" choices when eating out, but I'm still not taking steps to change the behavior.

Today is supposed to be WI day for me and DH, but I don't think it's going to happen because DH is currently passed out in bed after staying up all night with a gaggle of teenage girls at a church lock-in, and I'm not putting off breakfast for hours and hours while he catches up on his beauty sleep!

Have a good weekend, gals - there's nothing on my schedule for today, so it must be house-cleaning day!
Old 10-01-2005, 01:13 PM   #5  
Missing Ohio

HAPPY OCTOBER
These months are really flying by. My upstairs is tore up from the floor up. Will be back later.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 01:15 PM   #6  
Missing Ohio

Default Goal

My October goal is to lose 10 lbs. by Halloween, to exercise more consistently, and eat cleaner.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:10 PM   #7  

Hi - I've been lurking here for 2 mos, I think and never got into the monthly thread, so now that it's the first day, I'm going to try

I've been on LAWL for almost 4 mos (since 6/8). I've lost 29 lbs and have 12 more to go - that would put me at 125 (I'm 5'1") and I've NEVER weighed less than 135.

I'm a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding on 10/29, so I really want to lose 5-8 lbs during October, but I just don't know if it's possible since I'm close to goal and things are really going SLOW right now.

October goal - 130 lbs (I'm 136.6 now and started at 165.8)
Workout 3-4 times a week (I just started this, have NEVER exercised consistently).
slimmerKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 12:46 AM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

I should be near my weight loss goal by the 31st, hopefully another 10 pounds down technically. Non-scale would be in 4 jeans, my new 6's are getting loose already- here's to hoping
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 01:54 AM   #9  

Deets - that's AWESOME!! Way to go!

My October WI goal is 8 pounds lost. Non-scale goal is to exercise, either at the gym or at the barn, 5 days a week.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:52 AM   #10  

Morning ladies:

Kim: Welcome! You will be the bell of the ball at your DB's wedding. The closer you get to goal, the harder it seems to be to get to goal (for some), so just keep doing what your doing because it definately working! Good Luck with your October goal.

Deets: WTG! Wow, size 6's are getting big. What an awesome feeling. You and Kim have similar goals for this month, I'm routing for both of you!

Fiona: Can't wait for your and DH WI. Maybe today will be the day for that. Good Luck.

Well, gotta run - working at the DB's cafe this morning. He's hire 2 girls/ladies this week so it will be crowded, and if he doesn't need me after a short time, I can make my DNephew's football game that starts at 10:00am. I'm bringing my bike with me as DBIL and I plan on riding this afternoon.

Hugs, Sy
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 09:14 AM   #11  

Morning, chicks!

I spent yesterday going thru my off season clothes closet -- I can zip up some of my 14's finally - wouldn't wear them in public yet, but I have that for my NSV by the end of the month. Definately a good feeling! Also very freeing to look at clothes and realize that even if they fit, I'd never wear them anyway - just not my style, anymore - shows how long I've kept some of these things -- another goal this month is to find a consignment store!

Deets - you're doing fantastic -- good golly, have you been losing ten pounds every month?

Kim - wow -- you are so close to goal! what kind of exercise are you going to do? (I know what you mean about 135 - I think I was at that weight in HS, and thought I was fat then! AARG - if I only knew.) Do you have your dress already?

Mary, how is Eli, and how did the party go? About reaching 174 - my goal is 178 - and that will be a major accomplishment for me -- it will actually be a major goal to be below 185!

Sy - what kind of cafe does your DB have? what do you do there? (is there anything you *don't* do? yardwork, etc? - you are amazing)

Fiona - can't wait for the results of your joint WI with DH.

Hugs to all,
Julie
textjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 09:39 AM   #12  
banned

Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it.

Ive been on LAWL for 6 weeks and have lost 15 pounds. Before this I was on WW for almost 2 years..started after my third child was born and at my 6wk post partum visit I was 203. I lost 50 pounds on WW and then NOTHING for almost nine months- a HORRIBLE plateau.

I got sick of complaining about it at the end of August and despite the money, am THRILLED with LAWL...so far I have met their little 2lb/wk loss they guaranteed me although with my experience, Im secretly expecting it to end anytime. I am 5'4 and 36yrs old.

135 will be the best shape I have ever been in. Prepreg normal weight was upper 180's. I admit I am a little compulsive and have trouble viewing myself accurately and am not satisfied with being in 6's (although I NEVER would have imagined EVER being in a 6 at all and I just got into them through the help of LAWL) for some reason.

Will I be happy as a 4? I hope so, but my best friend who is my greatest support (with the diet and my exercise partner) is 5'1 and a size 2-4 is worried about me taking it too far.

Hopefully by talking it out here Ill avoid that since the one thing LAWL DOES lack for me is a community feeling. Seems like you walk out into the reception area and everyone there is there for the same reason yet no one EVER smiles at the other person or chit chats while waiting, etc. Maybe its just the area I live in, I dont know..but its nice to talk to other LAWL people so thanks for being so welcoming...I know some of my first posts may have given a bad impression (my comment on center staff- oops!). I am glad to have found this site

Cathy
Old 10-02-2005, 09:55 AM   #13  
Missing Ohio

Default Closets

Good Morning Chickies and welcome to all the newbies

Julie - I'm with you on the outdated wardrobe. I'm bagging all of my Joan Crawford/Betty Davis dresses. I looked sharp in them years ago when they were in style but would not step foot across the threshold in them now. If I lost 100 lbs. the body would not look the same in them if they were in style. I have a WOMAN'S body now and things have shifted. Not going to try to wear the low riders either. They weren't in when I had the body, there's no sense in putting the stretch marks in them now. I yam who I am.

have a good day chickies

Last edited by LadyIzzy; 10-02-2005 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:27 PM   #14  

Thumbs up Happy October!

Hi everyone,

I had a really sluggish September as far as loss goes - only 5 lbs. I had a very social month - several weddings, bachelorette parties, rehearsal dinners, etc with too much of the wrong kind of food and way too much alchohol. :-)

BUT... I still lost a little. AND it's a new month! My goal for the end of October is to be at 182 or lower. 2 lbs a week. I am really going to hit the gym more. As I get closer to goal, it is getting harder, so harder work is required! Ugh. It will be worth it though!

Keep it up everyone!
joanwildest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 04:06 PM   #15  
banned

I think maybe I was unclear..Im not UNhappy with being a 6 and Im not comparing myself to my friend...my goal even before my friend came along, was to be a 4. I havent found pregnancy really changed my body composition so much since I have always worked out a lot as well, but thanks anyway. I dont think I would EVER be a 2 and the only way I am going to get to my goal is through exercise and LAWL which is the "healthy" way anyway, right? I definitely did say it myself that I have trouble adjusting my view of my own size, but I certainly have my own goals in mind. I want to be the best I was meant to be and in a few weeks, I am sure I will be there
Cathy