Old 10-04-2005, 04:07 PM   #1  
.::Princess::.

S/C/G: 308/288/150

Height: 5'8"

Talking Joining the Gym!

I think I mentioned this is another thread that someone else had started somewhere but I am SO excited about it I had to make my own thread! I am joining the gym! I go on October 10th so I made my October 13th goal! I am so excited to have a place I can go away and focus only on ME! I can exercise, lift weights, sit in the sauna, sit in the jacuzzi... aaaahhh! I've been kind of slacking on my plan lately and I think it's because of the lack of change in my routine. I've been doing Taebo pretty religiously M-F for four months straight. BLAH! I am going to have SO much selection at the gym. Plus, I get 6 free 30 minute sessions with a personal trainer and they do a visual fitness planner. Plus, they use fitlinxx which let's you keep track of everything you do on their machines, etc. I hope this is going to be the step I needed to 100% truly succeed. If anyone is interested in the gym I am going to be attending (even though I think I am the only person on here from this area), check it out @ www.lifeworksfitness.net

I just have to keep telling myself... I CAN AND WILL BECOME THE FIT HOT CHICK I WANNA BE! All right, tootles!
SnShn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:26 PM   #2  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

You go for it! Have fun!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:39 PM   #3  
Downsizing Dee!

I must admit I'm pretty envious. I hope you really enjoy your gym experience!

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 05:12 PM   #4  

Oh, that sounds wonderful Sarah!! I hope you'll absolutely love it. Here's to you becoming the fit, hot chick you wanna be! Go for it girl, you can do it!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 06:22 PM   #5  

I'm joining your gym........not sure quite how I am going to manage this, but I'll find away!!! My gym could fit inside yours ten times. Our pool is a public one, and one has to share it with everyone, and many hours of the day it's shut. I love my gym, don't get me wrong, but yours just looks sooooooo good!!! I'll have to bring my cute gym instructor with me though!!!!

Seriously, you will love the gym, and the results you get, keep it up and have fun!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 08:41 AM   #6  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

This looks awesome Sarah!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 09:09 AM   #7  
One pound at a time...

Wow! What a gorgeous gym! I second Kykaree. My gym is about 50 years old and would fit into the reception area. Have fun!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:51 AM   #8  

Thumbs up

Oh, Sarah, I'm so jealous! We used to be part of a YMCA that had fitlinxx and it was awesome! It makes it so easy to track your progress that way. Since we moved to a much smaller area none of the Y's here have them. I miss it a lot!

Keep us posted on your progress and have fun!
TechnoDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 11:31 AM   #9  
2006 - Panda Remix

Well done Sarah, you won't regret it! What a great investment in yourself - you deserve it!

Joining the gym has been the best thing for me both physically and mentally and I'm sure it will be the same for you too.You are right when you say that you will benefit from the variety of different stuff available. I started off just doing gym workouts, but now I do 2 cycle classes, 1 fat burner aerobics class, 1 swim and 3 gym workouts each week. I also have one session of spa & steam room - I love the variety as it keeps things interesting.

I agree, it is a gorgeous looking gym - mine is a similar size and has all the same stuff, but it doesn't look half as posh!

Enjoy!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 11:37 AM   #10  

What a gym! If we have something that posh around this burg, I don't know about it, not that I know a lot about gyms You go, girl!
TakinBabySteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 01:02 PM   #11  
.::Princess::.

S/C/G: 308/288/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone! Thanks for all of the positive feedback in regards to my gym. I know it looks like WOAH but it's pretty affordable too. It's only $50 + tax a month, which I guess could sound like an OMG price but I think it's a worthwhile investment. And, if you break it down... it's less than $3 a day if I go M-F. $50 a month for a lifetime of health. Sounds reasonable to me!
SnShn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 01:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Congratulations! Looks like a snazzy place with lots of equipment and all that good stuff. Good luck! Tell us how you like it.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 01:28 PM   #13  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

It looks fabulous, Sarah! I bet you can't wait!
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 02:45 PM   #14  

Dang, that's a great price! To be a member of our barely-adequate Y is just over $40 per month....not to mention the additional fees for the competitive level gymnastics classes my kids are in --plus uniforms, plus meet fees, plus travel.... --!
TechnoDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 02:55 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

A whirlpool in the locker room--sounds like my kind of place!! Good for you, Princess Sarah!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote