Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2001, 09:34 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Talking Happy Hump Day!

hi girls,
things are very hectic at work cos it's a bank holiday weekend so to make up for being off on monday we have to work extra hard and get a day ahead of ourselves! today is now thursday for me, which is most confusing!
anyhow. just starting the thread. i'll try to catch up on posts later. tonya - glad to hear your son is better and kim - hope you're doing ok after the op.
everyone else - hello, and i'll be back!
kirsty
Old 08-22-2001, 09:36 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

Default ps

bit hungover after another tuesday BNO (big night out). soooo much wine was consumed. lots of hilarious conversations. but now i just want to go and get some sleep!
Old 08-22-2001, 09:45 AM   #3  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey everyone. Seems so quiet here this summer... booo hooo! I know we will get a rush this fall when everyone sees how the picnics caught up with them.

I am still the same. Didn't walk the dog this morning, looked like rain so it was gloomy and I just didn't want to get up. But we are going to the gym and noon again today! I hope my WI shows a loss, even tho I know I am building muscle.

Oh and I found out I have to watch my 5 yr old neice and 3 yr old nephew on Saturday, plus Emma... how am I going to make it to WI and be a mom to 3??? Hubby and I will have to work something out! Maybe Emma can come with me... but after the puking incident, I don't know!

Happy Hump Day!
Old 08-22-2001, 10:05 AM   #4  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Only Wednesday?

I sure do wish it were Friday. Not much new to report from my world. Still on baby movement watch. . . but this morning I thought maybe? anyway, I ate too much yesterday. I need to eat more veggies at each meal to keep the bulk (I get really hungry) and pack more low point snacks for the day (and not eat them all the first few hours I am here at work). I also need to get in more meat-like items. I was so upset last night because my ankles are missing...no really, I use to have them but now I don't! I cried and cried because I felt that I was so ugly now my hubby must hate it and how was I going to get all this weight off? I will have more to lose than I ever have...really double than I have ever had to lose. It is overwhelming.

But I can not worry about that now. Now I just need to eat healthy in the correct amount and make sure I am getting some exercise in! That should help.

Ok, hello to all who are going to post. I will talk with you all later today.

trish
Old 08-22-2001, 10:10 AM   #5  

Default so glad the week is half over!

Hi everyone. Sorry I have not been posting as much as I used to. Since my schedule chages so often I am not able to get online as much. I probably won't be on tomorrow through the weekend either. I am working at 2 sites where I don't have access and we are going to another wedding this weekend, in Oneonta, NY. This is the last wedding until November and that one is here!

I am in a pretty good mood today. Still no TOM, it is now 40 days. I have called the Dr. office and am waiting for a call back to find out what to do. I am hoping that they will prescriped some medication to induce TOM so that we can start TTC. I will probably have to go in for an office visit next week before this can happen. Normally, we don't want TOM but when it doesn't arrive, we freak out. Now I am dying to have it and it is nowhere to be found!

Trish - Please don't worry about the missing ankles. It happens to many women when they are PG. It is just swelling, not fat. You have to remember that. Look in the website for Fit Pregnancy magazine and it tells you how the PG weight gain is distributed throughout your body. Hopefully, it will make you feel better

Jen - Good luck getting to WI on Sat. I think DH should take the kids while you go in peace. It is only an hour so he should be able to handle it All of your working out should definitely pay off soon. Keep it up!

Tonya - Way to go on points and exercise yesterday. Yipee!

Stacey - Sorry about the gain. Maybe it will set you back on track starting this morning. I saw a huge gain on my home scale on Monday morning and I have done very well since ( granted it has only been 2 days )

Belle - Glad you had a good night with BF. Have fun at your sister's bday!

Kim - I am so glad to hear that they procedure went well and they were up and about. I hope that you next pap will be normal.

Kristy - You are such the party girl! I never party during the week. Glad you had such a good time.

Hi to Shaylene, Lola, Lori, Brenda, Rhubarb, Kay, Lolly and eveyone! Emily & Angie - where are you? See you later!

Sarah

Last edited by sbirdhr; 08-22-2001 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-22-2001, 10:13 AM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Oh Trish, I know exactly what you are going through, because I was there once.... 10 months ago when Emma was born. But I made myself promise I would be back on WW 8 weeks after she was born (gave me enough healing time)... and I did join. Yah it was rough at first and seeing that super huge number was horrid, but as you know, I am still hanging in there. When I went to that first WI I was heavier than I was when I was married (and I thought I was at a high then!). You can do this. And once that precious little baby is born, I will be hear giving you those nudges that you gave me when I was ready to give up... remember those!!!!
Old 08-22-2001, 11:51 AM   #7  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Kirsty: How is the head? can I live your life vicariously? I love where I am in my life, but at times I miss the going out weeknights, partying, single me. We never go out anymore...and with being PG all I want to do is stay at home and watch TV!

Sarah: I am sure there is nothing wrong. Have you taken a pg test? I can not remember. I bet it is stress that is holding off TOM. I have a friend that this happens to. Any stress will make her TOM a mess. Let us know what the dr says.

Jen: I really will count on you all for support after. But you all are dong great and are such an insperation!!!
Old 08-22-2001, 12:09 PM   #8  
Scotland's finest export

hello again,
my head is fine cos i took some ibuprofen at 7am and then got another hour's sleep before staggering into work! but i'm sooo tired....must get lots of sleep in before the weekend cos i'm taking BF on a surprise weekend away. i have a feeling my liver is going to be feeling the strain! and of course, you always eat worse when you're drinking. darn those munchies. (this is pretty yucky, but on saturday night i drank so much i threw up the entire day's food - i know cos i could recognise it!). this party lifestyle of mine may sound good, but it is seriously denting my finances!! i reckon i'll try and be good for a while and save some cash. and hopefully save some points too!
only an hour to go before i can run away! yippee!!
kirsty
Old 08-22-2001, 12:19 PM   #9  
Scotland's finest export

Default i'm not an alcoholic though!

oh and i forgot to tell you guys about my tube party last friday! it was great. FREE cocktail bar all night!! but it was one of those nights that you don't get drunk (possibly why i ended up getting really drunk on saturday cos it was all still sloshing about in my system and i hadn't eaten much). i ended up chatting to this TV presenter bloke and his BF. i have a vibrating hamster keyring and he had a vibrating rabbit one (he was dressed up as Warren St tube station, hence the rabbit!). so we raced them around martini glasses while drinking copious amounts of strawberry daiquiris. yum. oh and they had strawberries dipped in milk and white chocolate. yummmmm.
tonight's entertainment is going to be doing laundry and epilating my legs. exciting stuff i know.
Old 08-22-2001, 12:31 PM   #10  

Hey everyone-I'm lurking-not much to report here-just trying to learn how to use the electronic medical record for patient charting.
I just sent an e-mail to my bridemaids about their dresses-I found dresses for them! I'm pretty excited about it....
Kirsty-how's the new job??? your life sounds like a lot of fun....our life here is a little calmer although we do manage to tie one on semi-regularly-I'm sure that will end when we have kids...I hate being sober when everyone around me is drinking...so I will have a hard time being pregnant, in that respect anyway!!!!
Hey Jen, Trish and Sarah!!! Where is everyone else??? come out and post!!! I am off to lunch
Old 08-22-2001, 12:51 PM   #11  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Ugh! Slowest week of all!

Hey everyone. I'm finally getting a chance to post!!
It's been super busy but at least my 3:00 closing was postponed until next week! That's a relief!
How is everyone doing? We didn't get a puppy yesterday.
It was sooo difficult going to the pound! The adorable kittens are there when you first walk in. They are quiet until they see you and then they cry to be chosen!
They only had one or two puppies so we're going to an "animal safe-haven" on Saturday to see what they have.
My mom laughs and says I try to save the world...I never could watch the Benji Movies or watch Boomer when it was on TV. Does anyone remember those??
Well I must get back to work. Tummy is starting to growl so I'd better find some nourishment.
Old 08-22-2001, 01:09 PM   #12  

Default Argh, foiled again

Bummer! I wanted to print a recipe off the recipe thread but it has disappeared. That is kind of annoying that the threads are gone after a short while.

Trish - I did test lat Firday and it was neg. I don't think that will change but I will retest if the Dr. office says too. chances are slim to none.

Krsty - The tube party sounds so funny! I don't get the Warren St thing and therefore he was a rabbit. Is it a Brittish thing?

Lori - Do you have a link to the bridemaids dresses? I woul love to see what they lok ike. what about your dress, can you post a pic? What color bridesmaids dresses are you having? I did a rainbow, each girl had a different color in the same dress. I lvoed it!

Stacey - the pet adoption thing is so hard. We tried to adopt a dog last year but it had a biting problem. good luck.

Ok, eating lunch nopw. Taco soup, popcorn, carros, yogurt and strawberry pie, yummy!!!

Sarah
Old 08-22-2001, 01:31 PM   #13  
Scotland's finest export

where do rabbits live? warrens! i know, we all thought it was pretty tenuous too. (warren street is the name of the tube station he was "dressed" up as - ie carrying a rabbit!).
lori - i haven't changed job yet. it prob won't happen till the new year. can't wait.
stacey - i want a kitten!!!
right i've been here 30 mins longer than i should have already. i'm going to take extra time off tomorrow and do some shopping!
kirsty
Old 08-22-2001, 02:05 PM   #14  
A Yankee in Virginia

Stacey: I'm glad you're going to adopt a dog! Both of mine are SPCA refugees. You're right — it's so hard to go into the pound. I want to take them all home with me. Our SPCA here is really nasty, small and old, but there are plans to build a new one. I'm thinking seriously of donating the $300 tax refund from "W" to the capital campaign for a new SPCA.

Kirsty: I went to a dinner party Monday night and we stayed late, drinking wine, and I was sleepy! I just can't party any more, let along stay up late in someone's living room! I used to go out a LOT with people at my last newspaper, but my co-workers here are mostly married with kids and don't do that. There is a group of singles that occasionally do stuff, the occasional big party, but usually it's movies or dinners.

Sarah: What's TTC? I'm sorry if you've said so already, I haven't read the posts from Friday and Monday.

Speaking of babies, my mom told me she was knitting a baby sweater for my cousin's new baby and she asked if I wanted one, too. I told her no, not unless she was going to give the sweater 4 arms so it would fit a dog. Baby pressure! And I just want to get engaged and married!

Hey, Kirsty, where's Lolly? Did I miss something?

Hi to everyone. Oh, and by the way, I bailed on WW cuz I knew I had gained!

Last edited by kimobi; 08-22-2001 at 02:33 PM.
Old 08-22-2001, 02:27 PM   #15  

Hi everyone!

Stacey ~ Have fun picking out a puppy! It is so hard to choose!!

Kim ~ I hope all of your tests come out good!!

Kirsty ~ You are a party animal!! I am just too old to do that anymore! You go!!!! Oh, to be young and single again!

Sarah ~ Your lunch sounds like mine!

Lori ~ Come on, share with us...what are the colors of the wedding? What does your wedding dress look like?

Trish ~ Don't worry about the weight, like Jen, I have been there. Just really try to eat nutritiously, and get some exercise. If you keep up the exercise, I heard it will help your labor go more smoothly (any truth to that Dr. Lori??) You will be fine, and dropping that weight like crazy after the baby is born!!

Hi Jen! Hope you worked out hard at the gym!

Hi to everyone else that is lurking!!!!

I am on day 3 of my goal attaining. I am staying within my points range again today, and walking on my treadmill again tonight. I am hoping for a loss this week. It feels great to be back in control and not overeating. It is amazing how 10-15 pounds can creep back on really fast!!! I want it gone!!!!!

Work is slowing down a bit, and of course, it is my TOM, so I am tired and just want to go home and take a nap!

This weekend we are taking our ATV's on the trails with the kids, and then Sunday I am going school shopping with my SIL. My oldest starts Kindergarten next Tuesday!!

Well, better get back to the grind. I hope everyone has an OP day!
Closed Thread