Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2001, 08:48 AM   #1  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~night Owls #18~

Good Morning - Wow!!!!! NOONE has posted since Monday???!!!!!! Geeeeez, come on girls, we're slacking off here. Is it because you're all busy or because you didn't do well OP. If it's the latter....hey! that's what we're here for....if you've been busy.......well Ok.....I'll forgive you.

I HAVE NOT been good or on program for two days now. I actually woke up around 2am and had about 8 Chips Ahoy with a large!!! glass of milk and DIDN'T BRUSH MY TEETH before I went back to bed. EEEEeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww. What is WRONG with me??? and why do I do this to myself when I know darn well that I'm going to feel like "Doo-doo" in the morning, feel guilty as well and be bloated and uncomfortable. I just don't get it. I was doing so well too.

Ok....today's another day. I have to be in court with a friend of mine regarding her divorce and child support....after that I'm free for the day so I'm going to TRY and do alot of "little things" that I've let go. Maybe a swim or walk later today for my exercise. It's been very hot here until yesterday when we got some rain and a nice breeze to cool things off FINALLY!

I STILL don't have my digital camera back yet! I'm missing it big time. Yep, I'm one of THOSE people who takes pictures just about every day of everything. So.......here's wishing you all a great day and hoping you stay op and drink all your water.
Hugs,
~Pamela!~

Last edited by PJ; 08-22-2001 at 08:52 AM.
Old 08-22-2001, 11:42 AM   #2  

morning pj you're right today is a new day

well i had wi before work yesterday and i only lost 1.8
that really ticked me off i'd been good and i felt like i'd done really good but guess what arrived monday

other than that and being constip. i'd done great
dh aunt lives in south ga and she wi's today but they're coming up to north ga so she didn't get to go today
tomorrow night there's a meeting at 5:30 and i told her i'd go w/her and i'm going to see if i've done any better wish me luck
Old 08-22-2001, 01:58 PM   #3  

Hi Folks,

I am totally new to your thread. I have been lurking for a while and feel like I know some of you, but haven't formally introduced myself. I am another one of those addicted horse people. Ally, you and I have talked on other threads.

This is not related to weight, but I really would like some advice from the horse people out there. So, if you bear with me I would like to ask for opinions. My twin daughters and I have been looking at a registered paint mare named Silver Dakota. She is 15 hands, 8 years old, (very beautiful) has wonderful ground manners and is an extremely good price. According to her owner, she has a bucking problem and supposedly it has only happened a couple of times, although we did see her buck a little while she was being lunged in the round pen with a saddle on her. She is being offered at a lower price because the lady who is selling her (she seems like a very nice person) feels she could use professional training to stop this behavior problem. She emphasized a couple of time that it has only happened twice in the year that she has owned her and the reason she is selling her is her son wants a more western horse that he can show in the top rated shows. Dakota doesn't really hold her head correctly for a Western horse especially for showing. She has very nice English gaits and needs a little work on collection and tucking her head (she puts it way up to the sky). When we rode her she was good, a little nervous, but she responded well. Her owner said when worked she will collect and stay on the bit.

My instructor and our barn owner has given me quite a few things to think about. One of them is he thinks the girls might outgrow her and be too big for her. They are 12 almost 13 and at the moment are 5 feet and 5 feet 2 inches tall, both bean poles (I would love to be their size ) They also want to jump and he feels a larger horse may be better for that. He is also concerned about the bucking, he said sometimes it is hard to get them to stop if it is a chronic problem. He thinks she is a fantastic price, but thinks that there may be a severe problem if she is so well priced. The girls fell in love with her. She has an extremely friendly personality and they are frantically trying to talk me into buying her. If we don't buy her, we will have to wait until probably spring to find another horse unless we find another fantastic price.

Has anyone been through the looking stage lately? PJ I read that you just bought a horse recently.

Thanks so much for your patience,
Beth
Old 08-22-2001, 07:55 PM   #4  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hi HorseCrazy - You're going to laugh......that's exactly what my bumper sticker on my van says...."Horse Crazy".....

My email is [email protected]
I think it would be best if we talk more about it on email rather than here. I'd be more than happy to talk with you about your interest in the paint. I must say though, I STONGLY agree with your instructor...if it's THAT good of a price....there's a good reason for it and "good things come to those who wait". I also agree with it being too small for your girls. My horse is just under 16 hands and she's just right for my daughter who is 5'3" tall. She's 13 and also a "beanpole". <grin>
Please email me or if you have IM .....my name is resler41

Jennylou - 1.8 pds. is a GOOD loss. Are you kidding? Geeeez, I average a pound a week. You're right on track. Don't weigh in more than once a week and DON'T weigh yourself at home. (my personal opinion).......I always tend to go over a bit when I see the scale go down at home. Anyway, again......you've done very well this weel. Give yourself a pat on the back and keep "doin what you're doin".

Hugs to all you missing Owls,
~Pamela~
Old 08-23-2001, 01:28 AM   #5  
Happy Member

Hey Beth! I just added a new post over on that Pet Support thread. I didn't want to see it get kicked off the page from non-activity. It's fun talkin' horse, ain't it?

Is this Paint the first horse you've looked at? I've never been up to the "seriously looking" phase (YET! ) but from what I've heard, they say "don't fall in love with the first one you look at." (reminds me of when we were house hunting, too) If you really like and trust your trainer, I would say go with his instincts. I'm so happy with my trainer and I know that whatever she tells me would be the "voice of reason" even though I know I would want to buy them all! Sounds like he may be right re: growing too big for her. You also have to factor in you/your daughter's riding abilities. If this mare REALLY does have a problem (sounds to me like she's done it more than just 2 times if they thought about it enough to mention), do you have the experience to work with her? (I'm not trying to imply that you don't, I have no idea....just something to think about, too) If not, she may be a bit of a handful for a first horse.
I hope this helps a little! Let me know how you make out. Glad you popped in here! Come out of lurking more often, okay?

Jennielou----no offense or anything, but IMO a 1.8# loss is wonderful!! How much did you expect to lose?? Especially since TOM came, -1.8 ain't nothin' to shake a stick at! Like PJ said, you are doing great, keep on doing what you are doing! Great job!

PJ---We've all had one of "those" days and I'm glad you are positive enough to take on the "tomorrow is another day" attitude. How much did you spend on a digital camera if I may ask? I was thinking about looking into getting one. Not just for reg pictures, but I'm also thinking about selling some stuff on Ebay. Hmmm, gotta talk to my sister about making the "crossover" from just BUYING to SELLING. I just won another cute pair of capris that look like blue bandana. $9 for this one, but they were cute and a size SMALLER!! I should be receiving my first pants tomorrow...those $3 ones. Yellow/white capris in a gingham print. Since they are the smaller size, I'll let y'all know how they fit!

Tip of the day: Are any of you soy milk drinkers? I only like chocolate and have been getting the White Wave "Silk", but tonight bought the Sun Soy brand. I read on the WW boards that it's creamier and my gosh it is!!!! MUCH better than the Silk....more like choc regular milk.
---I also bought the new WW "Bistro style" pizzas. I saw they have 4 cheese, BBQ chicken, grilled veggie, and pepperoni. I havent tried them yet. I usually get the Trader Joes Veggie Pizza. It's a 12 inch pizza, 12 points for the WHOLE thing if you wanted to, pretty darn good, and only $2.50. The WW ones are ?? taste (I got the BBQ chicken and the Veggie...will try tomorrow) looks like about 6-8 inches and 8 points....oh! and $3.49. Well, something new to try until I go to TJ's this weekend. I'll let you all know how they are. I read on a board (Dotti's?--I only lurk there) that they are trying to rip off the popularity of a pizza brand called Heaven's Bistro. WW's who have access to them LOVE them. I've never had. I hear it's mostly a West coast thing, but are making their way East.
----Also (sheesh! There's more? ) saw in the newest issue of WW mag that WW has a Skinny Cow knock off, too. Same packaging and everything!! Boy, they must hate it that WW members LOVE products that aren't theirs so they copy it! Heck, if it tastes good and is CHEAPER than the Skinny Cows, I'll buy those. SC's are expensive!!

OK, that's it for now (I know, you're all sighing with relief by now, right ) but WHERE THE HECK IS EVERYONE ELSE??? HMMM???

Ally
Old 08-23-2001, 04:36 AM   #6  

I started Physical Therapy today..........
and I'm supposed to limit my typing and since I can't type one handed like some.
I will be reading and maybe checking in with a brief but warm hello when I can! If you are lucky a picture too!

This is gonna be a long road, not just my elbow that has the problems but my
neck, shoulder blade, shoulder and rib cage all on my left side. He is doing work
on all areas to retsore range of motion I have lost(didn't even know), and
promote healing. Seems the elbow takes the brunt of things when the rest is out
of sinc! I knew I had pain on my whole left side, but was just living with it! I can't
even go to my water class cause the movement in the water will be too much
for the arm right now! So...I went to the craft mall after therapy to cheer me up
and get some exercise in and found some good deals too! Bought Dh some
cookies and they looked so good I had to have one and almost two.. but put
them in the freezer instead! ( They were very thin choc. chip cookies with a
cream filling!) YUMMMMMMY

Also I'm supposed to use ice and not heat, boy is my doc stupid! Ice did not feel good to me so I asked and he said heat specifically!

Last edited by Candicej; 08-23-2001 at 04:41 AM.
Old 08-23-2001, 08:00 AM   #7  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

Candice - You're beginning to sound like me!. Sorry you're having so much pain. I really do know from where you speak and I sympathize with you. I hope you feel better as the day goes by ........ I'm sending "good vibes" your way.

Ally - So HORSECRAZYS name is Beth. Ok. Ill be able to email her now on a first name basis. heh-heh.....she doesn't sound like a beginner though. I'd say she pretty much "knows her stuff" ....so I'll let ya know. Don't you just LOVE talking "horse" ??????!!!!!!

I'm sitting here, having my coffee and thinking of having something for breakfast. I'm NOT really a breakfast person except for coffee and maybe some toast once in a while and I think I'm going to go back to my banana, oj and skim milk ..... milkshakes. They were so filling and gave me a real boost. I was FAIR op yesterday. Had a hotdog for dinner and some flavored instant oatmeal as a late night snack. All in all, I stayed within the HIGH range of my points but WAS still within my range. I'm slacking on the exercise lately though because I'm really hurting (like Candice). It really puts your life on hold. Pain is a pain in the A** !!!!!!!!! LITERALLY!!!!!! I can't ride, I can't ride my bike, blah, blah, blah.....so I go to the barn.....groom Missy the best I can and sweat my rear off and hopefully that is doing SOMETHING as per exercise.

Heres wishing you all a great day and wonderful night.
Hugs,
~Pamela~
Old 08-23-2001, 08:55 AM   #8  

morning guys how is everyone?

candace if i may ask what's wrong with your arm?
i keep reading about your shots and everything but i've never seen a post on what's wrong. anyway i hope it gets better.

i know i should be happy about the 1.8 wi and i am i just felt like i'd done better. once i get use to this swing shift i should do much better. i was use to working 6/7 days a wk and i was in the routine so much the swing shift is different more time to be bad i guess not now though being strict with my self

has anyone tried steaming green beans? if not it's not as yukky or bland as it sounds actually i tried it for the first time w/small red potatoes yesterday and it was yummy i added dried onion flakes and garlicw/parsley for flavor

gonna have turkey breast,squash,and sweet potato patties for dinner today

i hope everyone has a great op day
thanks for letting me grip

my son is pretty much potty trained these last 3-4 days has had no accidents.
Old 08-23-2001, 09:51 AM   #9  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hey Jennylou - Ever use the "potty pills"....????? LOL.....they're really M & M's. Every time Billy pp'd in the potty, he'd get 3. Every time he did poopies, he got FIVE!!!!!! Also taught him how to count. Just thought I'd mention it....heh-heh
C ya all later.
Old 08-23-2001, 10:33 PM   #10  

good one pj never thought of that but today was day 4 w/ no accidents woohoo for him

i did go to the other ww meeting and since tuesday i've lost another 2 lbs whew do i feel better (that d---n tom) i work this wkend so i should end up w/a bigger loss by next tuesday
i'm use to losing around 2.5-4.4 lbs a wk thanks to walking alot at work

this morning i walked 1 mile in about 15-20 minutes ds had to go to and he sure was tired when we got back

hope everyone had a good day and a better day tomorrow
night all
Old 08-24-2001, 12:02 AM   #11  
Happy Member

Default ?

Jennilou--

Hmmm...

Anytime I've gone to more than one WW meeting in a week, they won't weigh if you've already had one recorded for the week.

You're lucky to be "used to" losing that much every week. I lose about 1-1/2 per week.

TTYS,
Ally
Old 08-24-2001, 12:34 AM   #12  

ally they didn't record it the girl who's the receptionist at my reg meeting is the one for the meeting i went to tonight i just wi to see if i was doing any better since tom is almost over i needed a boost
Old 08-24-2001, 01:35 AM   #13  
Happy Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jennielou
ally they didn't record it the girl who's the receptionist at my reg meeting is the one for the meeting i went to tonight i just wi to see if i was doing any better since tom is almost over i needed a boost
1.8 loss during TOM would be GREAT boost for me!!

I wish.
Old 08-24-2001, 04:00 AM   #14  

i don't know why i let what some people say bother me
since july i've had a really hard time and been working hard to stay on track and to do really good so what if i did need a boost
that was the first time i've ever went to 2 meetings some people would be happy for a person if they got the boost they needed to keep going and be understanding it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks

maybe i took what you said in the wrong way ally but i took it the way it came across
Old 08-24-2001, 10:49 AM   #15  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning Everyone~

It's a little cooler today and thank God! It's been too hot to do anything during the middle of the day so everything that needs done outside is done in the early am or late afternoon.

I'm back on track with program. About time, don't you think? I'm such a butthead sometimes when it comes to really staying OP. It's so easy to put it on and sooooo hard to take it off. There IS one thing that is really getting me upset though. I've now got stretch marks down to about mid-thigh height. I CANNOT work with weights because the torn ligament in my knee (having surgery in 2 weeks) and it's really getting to me. I really prided myself in my legs too.....they always looked halfway decent ..... even when I was really, really large. I like to wear short shorts. NOT THE REAL SHORT SHORTS but just above mid thing length. The longer shorts make my legs look bigger and the shorter and looser, the better. Anyway, when I wear bike shorts, you can't see them but I like wearing the loose cotton shorts in this weather and just starting noticing the stretch marks. OOOooooooooooo. Hey, believe me.....I've got my share of those nasty things on my butt from my pregnancies and was lucky enough NOT to get any on my belly...but I DO have them around my hips....so adding my thighs has NOT made me a happy camper. Maybe if I ask my Phy. Therapist....she'll have some suggestion. Don't you just hate the soft flab you get when you lose some weight???!!!! AAAAAGGGHHHH!!!!!! VERY frustrating but still better than having to drag all the weight around that we all bust our butts to get off.
So yes, once again.......PJ is rambling on........just my way I suppose....I've always got alot to say. Hmmmmm, sometimes that's a GOOD THING and sometimes IT'S NOT.

I've got to get my bottom out of this chair (since my coffee is long gone) and it's already 10:42am here in Florida. Oh yes....I'm soooo looking forward to doing all those little domestic goddess things before I leave the house today. Ewwwww, wish I still had a maid.

I'll check in later and see if some of you who have been HIDING AND LURKING come out and play!!!!! If not....you can except a personal visit from moi tomorrow morning sharp to get your tookiss's in here. GOT THAT YOU OWLS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"See" ya all later........atleast I'd better.
please????????heh-heh

~Pamela~
Closed Thread