Old 10-03-2005, 09:29 AM   #1  

Default Back to Basic - October Edition

Good Morning! It's a new week of of new month. I want to do better! I started journaling again this morning and have packed my bag so I can go to the gym after work.

Let's get things started again! We can do it!
Roxymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 12:48 PM   #2  

Hi Roxy! I was just about to figure out how to start up a new thread when i noticed you were all ready on top of it! Thanks! I am going to really bear down for the next 2 weeks, so look out!!!!

Hope some other chicks join in! Back to Basics might mean different things to different people...for me it's EAT LESS EXERCISE MORE!!! Come on and join us!!!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 12:49 PM   #3  

By the way Roxy, I like your fall colors!!!
Old 10-04-2005, 09:13 AM   #4  

Thanks Apple!

I made it to the gym last night and completed my workout! Then I went home and moved furniture. I think I got my exercise in yesterday! Today won't be as good. I have to take my Mom out of town to the doctor this afternoon. Not sure what time I will get home. I went a little over on my points but not bad. It's a start.

How was your day?
Old 10-04-2005, 04:19 PM   #5  

Oh I did terrible yesterday. I feel like such a loser....
But today is a new day.... I am already in trouble with eating today, but if I have a small dinner and no snacking after dinner, and get some exercise in, I should be OK......
Old 10-06-2005, 09:18 AM   #6  

Good Morning! I didn't do too good yesterday either. I ate some things I shouldn't have and didn't get to the gym. Hopefully today will be better! I know I will get to the gym.

My problem is in the evenings. I get home from work and get lazy. I just want to relax. I need to really work on journaling what I eat and I start the day out with good intentions, writing everything down. Then as the day goes by I forget or just don't do it. I have to get better at this!

Hope you have a great day!
Old 10-08-2005, 01:18 AM   #7  

I have a similar problem in with evenings. I tend to get stressed, having to make dinner and keeping the kids in control. Sometimes I wish I could just put them to bed at 5:00!! So around that time I really crave a drink, or I end up snacking on what they are snacking on. (usually crackers and fruit we're not eating Ho-Hos here!!)
The good news is I have pulled it together for 2 days in a row! If I can get through the week-end with out totally losing control, I think I can make my goal of 2 pounds by the end of next week!!
Old 10-10-2005, 09:34 AM   #8  

Good job Apple! Hope you made your goal. It really helps have several days in a row of being good.

I stayed the same this week. That's ok, at least I didn't gain over the weekend! Hopefully this week will see a loss.

Good Luck!
Old 10-10-2005, 03:17 PM   #9  

DERRY!!! ARE YOU OUT THERE? Lurking maybe??
I heard about all the flooding in NH, and that Keene got the worst of it. Are you and your family OK? I'm worried about you! And how are things with your Dad? We'd love to hear from you if you get a chance. And I want you to know you are in my prayers!!

Hey Roxy...my week-end wasn't perfect either but it wasn't bad, so I think I'm still headed in the right direction.
Unortunately, It's TOM for me and I tend to bloat/retain water so the scale will not be kind this week....all the more reason to stick to it I guess. When I'm bloated I don't want to over eat, but the hormones say eat eat eat. And the hormones usually win....
Old 10-11-2005, 10:07 AM   #10  

Derry - hope things are ok with you!

Apple - I know what you mean about TOM - mine will be next week and I'm just like you. I try to stay away from the scale that week! I hope your willpower will kick in!

Have a good day!
Old 10-17-2005, 01:54 PM   #11  

Where has everyone gone?

Please come back.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:19 PM   #12  

Hi Roxy...I fell low low low over the week-end. I have absoulutely no self control what so ever. Argghh
I guess that's how we ended up here though. I just have to kick myself in the butt and get going again. A friend of mine gave me a picture she took of me with my son last month and oh yuck. I'm not supposed to look like this. And I'm wasting time and emotion dwelling on this fact. Just do something about it already!!!!!!!!
So here we go again. Looks like 10 by Thanksgiving is impossible but 5 certainly is not!!!
It would be nice to lure some more folks into our back to basics thread.
Help us! Help Us! Please!!
Old 10-19-2005, 09:20 AM   #13  

Hi Apple - I know how you feel. I watched Biggest Looser last night and thought I really need to get off my butt. We go to Las Vegas in 1½ weeks. I wanted to get 10 pounds off by then. I know that's not going to happen. The good thing is I usually don't gain when we go there. We do so much walking!

If you are lurking, please join us.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:35 PM   #14  

Hey Roxy. I've never been to Vegas. It's one of those places I don't REALLY*want to go to but I'd still like to experience it once, just to say I've been there. I hope you have fun! If you are diligent, you can still drop a pound or two. Your clothes will feel looser and you'll feel better about yourself! Don't stop!!
I had a decent day today, even though it was mega stressful. Although it's not over yet..... I hope to get some exercise in later.
So Biggest Loser is on Tue nights? I was wondering.... I saw the first one by accident and thought it might be at least a tiny bit inspirational, but it's not on my Must See TV list. (Yet.)
Old 10-20-2005, 09:41 AM   #15  

I haven't given up! I'm still trying. This is my TOM though and I feel really bad, bloated, crampy, etc. All that fun stuff. Next week will be lots better!

Hope you day continued going well and that you got that exercise.

Biggest Looser is on Tuesday night. I'm not a regular watcher either, just happend to turn it on. I usually have a meeting on Tuesday nights but it was postponed. Might have to watch it again to see how they are doing.

Have a good day!