Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 11:34 AM   #1  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Default Gettin' together -- October 2005

Good (late) morning, chicas.

The sun is shining here in Brooklyn. It's 67 degrees. Nice day

It's getting to be weather good for ratatouille making. Or a nice soup or stew. I'm starting to crave hot tea in the evenings.

I'm having to wear a jacket again to walk to the gym now.

I guess we're going to have to take the air conditioner out of the window
Old 10-01-2005, 09:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Awww, we are HOME!! Marge started the thread.. it just feels like home! It's very possible that I am PMS'ing... lol..

Marge - GREAT loss! You are a HUGE LOSER I love that term!

Kimberley - I think a congrats should head your way too, you nipped that tiny gain RIGHT in the bud... does it get easier to go right back to dieting after having some time off?

I am SO wipped out right now... we were purposely short staffed at work today, and it was busy. So it actually worked out well, we were able to bring in good sales and save hours. I'm excited with how well things are going at work, I think I've even WORKED for this too.. every once in a while life just falls into place. I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts Alrighty, I am SO tired.. I'm going to go lay down and relax for a bit before I gotta head out! Have a great day, and WELCOME TO OCTOBER! BTW, where did Sept go?

-Aimee
Old 10-03-2005, 06:35 AM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Woohoo, it's OCTOBER! That means it is almost time to moooooooove I can't wait!! Of course, that means I should probably start packing soon, since I only have this week and next week. Hopefully, I'll get almost all of it done this coming weekend so when my parents get here on Friday the 14th, we'll be able to just pile it all in the truck and go!

We didn't get back to my place from Va Beach till about 11 last night, and poor Jef still had to drive from my place back to his house (almost an hour and a half drive), so I'm sure he's very sleepy today. We had a good visit down there, though, and my sister picked out a wedding gown! Well, 2, actually, and she and my mom are going to go back to both place to compare the 2 dresses again without trying on another 20 dresses in between like she did over the weekend--just those 2, back to back, which should make it easier to decide. For months, she has been looking for a halter-style dress--she had her heart set on this one she found online. I kept commenting that all the dresses I thought looked really nice in the catalogues were strapless, but she never liked them. Well, she tried on the halter-style dress she had seen online and just "had" to have, and she didn't like it--the 2 she narrowed it down to are both strapless styles Apparently, she may also now be changing our bridesmaid dresses--the new color may be "apple" instead of "wine." I fear that I may look like an apple if I wear such a shade, but it is her wedding, not mine, so she can have whatever she wants

I didn't do as horribly with food over the weekend as I thought I might. I peeked at the scale this morning, and I'm only up about 2.5 pounds, and I know some of that is just water since we ate out a few times, and I drank NO water all weekend long, so it'll flush out over the next couple of days, as per usual. This weekend, we won't be eating out too much because I want to use up as much food as I can before I move so I don't have to worry about packing/moving frozen and refrigerated foods--I'll just use 'em up!

Excellent job on the losses, Marge and Kimberley! Aimee, I'm so glad things are working out for you at work! It just makes life so much easier when you're not constantly battling through things. And so glad to have you here with us, MadisonsMommy! I definitely admire you for wanting to set good eating habits for your little girl--I'm 23 and can barely take care of myself, let alone be responsible for another human life--you go! And yes, we definitely need to see some adorable little baby pictures
Old 10-03-2005, 09:41 AM   #4  
Never surrender

I almost posted in the September thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenwife
We were not-so-good this last couple days. Treated ourselvse to pizza twice; :blush:
this weekend I did a little stress/comfort eating, sheesh. Chinese food yesterday for lunch (but then we had cereal for dinner). Not outrageous, but I feel a little off kilter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenwife
On a positive front, I found a cute pair of pajamas at Value City (local discount chain kind of like TJ Maxx, Marshall's, etc.). Oh, and two bras that actually FIT. Woo! I'm in a 40DD now, down from what I think *should have been* at 46DD. Nice to have my girls suspended more than 3" above my navel, LOL!
that's really funny, I went bra shopping yesterday! I was a 46 now I'm a 42C. The girls are happy I'm finally supporting them the way they need to be! Lane Bryant has these Clinique bras without underwire that are really comfortable.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:55 AM   #5  
Never surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720
Apparently, she may also now be changing our bridesmaid dresses--the new color may be "apple" instead of "wine." I fear that I may look like an apple if I wear such a shade, but it is her wedding, not mine, so she can have whatever she wants
[color=indigo]
I've gone through that. I think most women who've been bridesmaids have to deal with the strange color and style that has to suit every girl, of every size, of every skin tone. Makes me laugh. I think I'd like to get married in a forest next to a lake with tennis shoes on! everybody can wear jeans.

"I'm excited with how well things are going at work, I think I've even WORKED for this too.. every once in a while life just falls into place. I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts--Aimee"

Well, that's very cool. I'm glad work is getting better. It feels good to see your hard work pay off too.

MM, you sound like you have a positive plan and attitude, that's 80 percent of the game in my opinion.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:33 AM   #6  

Marge - can I wear sweats? hehe...

Jill - Apple is an odd colour for a wedding, and to be honest.. how many people will look good in that colour, really? My friend is picking hot pink, which is a great colour on me... and then she's picked a halter style dress, which I just CANNOT pull off. I guess there is nothing perfect out there, eh!

Kimberley - Mmmm.. pizza twice? I haven't had restaurant pizza in months But I've somehow managed to still stay the same weight without it.. I must have added something else in.... teehee

Okay! I am off to work! Have a great one!

-Aimee
Old 10-03-2005, 01:58 PM   #7  
Eating for two!

She finalized it today--my sister officially has her wedding dress! Let's see if I can make the picture of it work on here...
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/att...tid=21454&stc=1

The color "apple" sounds like a bright red, but it's actually not that bad--a little darker and more subtle. If you care, you can check the David's Bridal website for a better idea of the color--seeing a whole dress in that color makes it much easier to picture. I'm just not really a big fan of the whole red family--I think I own like 1 red shirt in my entire wardrobe
Old 10-03-2005, 02:18 PM   #8  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Whoops, just catching up and posting to the right thread. Bridesmaid dresses...Oh, what memories. My mom had a co-worker who was a great seamstress, so when Howie and I got married, I had her make the dresses. The fabric was a subtle floral tapestry with mauves and soft greens; I chose a style that was something the girls could wear elsewhere after the wedding, and they all put the dresses to good use.

We had a lazy day yesterday. I pretty much just showered and slipped into my new PJ's. Howie multi-tasked, listening to a live webcast of the Washington Redskins football game while watching the Cleveland Indians play baseball on TV. Oh, and he flipped channels and caught bits of the Cincinnati Bengals football game, too. *Boring* I took a long nap...Boy, did that ever feel good.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:18 PM   #9  
Howie6267's Honey

Link didn't work, Jill -- can you tweak your link?
Old 10-03-2005, 09:36 PM   #10  

Jill - I am on crack.. I was seriously picturing a lighter green... lol.. Can you guess what colour of apple's I eat? heh.

Kimberley - those lazy days are necessary! As for baseball, I suspect it would bore me as well.. heck all the football is making me go insane!! And now that hockey is back? Quite frankly I was happy it wasn't on, cuz I got the tv to myself! lol.

Well I'm wondering whats wrong with me... my friend just got a full time job paying 12 bucks an hour, while I'm still making 9.50/hr... which I had to fight for.. why can't I be happy for her? Like, I am happy for her, but at the same time, I've worked SO hard for SO many years to be making little to nothing. I definitely want to explore a better occupation, but it's hard to find the time when you are working all the time... I need a better attitude. I feel like I do a lot of complaining... and I hate that. I want a life where I have nothing to complain about! On a plus note... my old manager was fired today! This just makes me happy because she was frauding the company, and distroyed my store.. Karma...

-Aimee
Old 10-03-2005, 09:50 PM   #11  
Howie6267's Honey

I know, it's hard not to be jealous of friends. Most of our friends are managers in professions where they make a good bit more than we do. We look at the hours they put in, the responsibilities and stresses they deal with daily, and we think "ya know, maybe this isn't such a bad lot we're in". What line of work is this friend in? Is it even something you'd enjoy? It is hard to do well in retail, and you already know it can make for some exhausting days alternated with days so boring you have to pinch yourself to stay awake. LOL
Old 10-04-2005, 01:07 AM   #12  

Kimberley - her job is answering the phone, at a Lexus dealership, sounds much nicer than my job. Things are getting more and more busy for me at work, I have tons more paperwork to do, plus that whole setting an example crap! heh. I sometimes talk to her online while shes at work, or even on the phone... because she's rarely busy doing anything. Sometimes people do fall into jobs like that.. Life isn't fair, I need to deal with that.

I watched this show today, I have NO idea what it's called, it's a 30 min sitcom. It's about a family of doctor's, the husband and wife get divorced, and they have 3 grown Doctor children... holy COW I nearly pissed myself it was so funny! I am off to watch a little tv and get some sleep, I'm pretty tired. Have a goodnight!!

-Aimee
Old 10-04-2005, 01:14 AM   #13  
Howie6267's Honey

I see no reason why you couldn't get into receptionist type jobs. You know how to use a computer well enough to be posting at 3FC and you can answer a phone!

Howie and I are watching "Kitchen Confidential", a new series on Fox. It's based on Anthony Bourdain's novel and so far, it's funny. I don't know what show you're talking about...What network is it on, a US one or Canadian?
Old 10-04-2005, 06:29 AM   #14  
Eating for two!

Okay, let's try this picture thing again...
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atta...id=21463&stc=1

Now it should definitely work one way or the other--thumbnail and link

I was a lazy bum last night. I went home after work and just crashed on the couch watching tv (a bunch of shows on Discovery Health about people having babies--have to keep reminding myself that no, I'm not ready for that yet! but they're so cuuuuuute...). I wike up around 7:30, watched a little more tv, putzed around online, and went to bed around 10:15. Talk about getting absolutely nothing accomlished! Actually, wait, I did edit 2 reports online, so I earned a whopping $5

Today will be different (I think I tell myself that every day). I have my bag packed in the car so I can go straight to the gym after work today. I also managed to go through my cabinets and see what I have for food so I could get ideas of what to eat this week and weekend in order to get rid of as much food as possible before I move.

Aimee, I hear you on the slight jealousy. I got annoyed when I started working here at CSC with a starting salary of $31,400, which come to about $15.10 an hour. Jeff, who does not have a college degree like I do and who does not have business experience like I do, got a job starting at $15 an hour, then got a $1 raise in like 6 months, so he was making more than me! He hadn't even applied for the job--he used to work only retail (which he now says he will NEVER do again...I think once you get out, you won't want to go back!). Well, he is good with computers and had once helped a friend set up a network for this company, so he met the President of the company that way, so when this position opened up as a full-time purchasing agent, the President of the company actually called Jeff while he was working at Circuit City one day and asked him to come in for an interview and gave him the job. It took me a million job applications, resumes, and interviews before I got my job! It all seems so unfair, but I sometimes feel that things happen for a reason. After I got over my jealousy, I realized that it was good for him in more than just the financial aspect--it really boosted his self-confidence a bit, and now that he has purchasing experience under his belt, it should be easier for him to find jobs in the future. It is annoying, though, because I feel like I work so hard (and have done so for a long time), but I think my hard work will eventually pay off, and I think yours will, too

Maybe on your days off, you could check online and newspaper job ads for a receptionist or similar type of position. Even if it's not what you want to do for the rest of your life, it can be a great way to get your foot in the door of some great companies and get to meet some helpful people, not to mention you might make a bit more than in retail
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smallerDress_1.JPG (28.8 KB, 66 views)
Old 10-04-2005, 11:09 AM   #15  

You know, maybe I will look into something... I do have something under my belt that lots of people don't... I'm Metis, in the City, which means.. there are plenty of Metis Organizations around, I'm sure that would get me an "in" somewhere! I hadn't really thought about leaving my current position, I am SO tired of retail... it's SO draining, and with this girl leaving, I'm probably going to have to pull a 6 day week, combined with working the last part of last week, it's going to make it I believe 8 days in a row.. and with retail? Thats about 8 days too much! hehe.. Also on Wednesday, unless I can find someone, I'm working alone. 9:30am until 9:30pm, long day for no breaks, long day period. Hopefully there is a way to figure it out, but we are already short staffed, and since this girl was going to be promoted, we are going to have to hire someone from outside the store for this keyholder position. She gave NO notice, just told me last night on the phone that she's not going to be working her shifts at the store anymore. Whoops, I am running late, I have 20 minutes to find somethign to wear, blowdry my hair, do my makeup and eat, oh and make my lunch! Eek! Bye!

-Aimee
Closed Thread