Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2001, 12:22 AM   #1  

Question Working Out

I was just wondering what time of the day is best for working out? Or if there is a time of the day thats better then any other time?
Old 08-22-2001, 08:42 AM   #2  

Angry

The best time to workout is when you want to.

There are articles saying if you work out in the morning you are more likely to stick to your routine.

I have exercised in the morning and afternoons. I think it is a matter of what you can manage. I work out right after work.

I hope this helps
Old 08-22-2001, 08:47 AM   #3  

The best time of day to workout is the time of day that fits into your schedule best. Seriously, the most important thing about any exercise program is that you do it and you stick with it. If you do not make it easy to fit into your day, you will eventually start skipping it because you day is just too hectic and something has to go. It really is a personal choice.

Scientifically, there have been studies that prove that your body responds the same to exercise no matter what time if day you do it. The important thing - to quote an old Nike ad campaign - is to "Just Do It". There have also been studies that prove thay the temporary metabolism boost you get from a workout happens no matter what time of day you exercise.

Some people find that working out in the morning is easier because if you wait until late in the day, more things come up that tempt you to skip the workout. Very rarely do you have a surprise schedule change that occurs at 7am, but lots of schedule changes happen later in the day. And for some people the idea of getting up earlier to exercise is horrible and they could never do it.

Some people find that exercising late in the evening "pumps them up" for a few hours after and they have trouble sleeping. And some people have the opposite effect - exercise relaxes them and makes them a little tired so they sleep better.

I prefer to workout late afternoon during the week, 4-7pm ish, but I am flexible. If I have something I have to do during my normal workout time, I rearrange and squeeze a shorter workout in some other time during the day. And on weekends I prefer to get my workout in first thing in the morning. During the summer when I workout outside, my weekend morning workouts have an added bonus - enjoying that peaceful time early in the morning after the sun comes up but before the rest of the city wakes up.

Just exercise whenever you can fit it into you schedule best, and do not be afraid of experimenting to find what is best for you.

Last edited by gsc4; 08-22-2001 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-23-2001, 05:13 PM   #4  

hehe working out in the morning wont work for me i start work at 6am id have to get up at 4am to work out and make it to work on time. Right now immm working out between 7pm and 11pm which i really seem to like. Its good right before bed cuz them im all wore out and tired helps me sleep good LOL Im proud to say iv lost 3lbs this week so far and i really hope i can keep this up.
thanks for your replys
Closed Thread