Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 09-30-2005, 11:46 AM   #1  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Research shows how lack of sleep breeds obesity

Heard this on KGO-AM earlier this week - this is a 3 minute audio link:

Researchers have known for a few years that there's a connection between lack of sleep and obesity. Now there's a biological explanation.

Also, the October issue of O Magazine features an article titled "The Five Things you Must Do to Age Beautifully" and getting enough sleep is one of those five things (a condensed version of the article is available on the Oprah website here)

So...if you wanna keep the weight off and age gracefully - get your Z's!
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:00 PM   #2  

Thanks - talk to you Monday, going home to get alot of sleep
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 09:13 PM   #3  
Back Again!

S/C/G: 290/270/180

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the tips and links! I stay up toooo late with online courses and working msc overtime for the job which usually leaves me with 4 or 5 hours of sleep each night. At this point I'll try almost anything to assist with improving my health and losing (or at least not gaining) weight. BTW I saw in your sig line how much you've lost. You've done absolutely GREAT! I hope I can follow in your footsteps.
kaliannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 10:19 PM   #4  

Now see I knew I was doing something wrong! Sorry but I'd rather struggle at losing weight than give up the only 2-3 hours I have to myself by going to bed at 10. The 10pm-1am time frame is the only time I really get to myself without a thousand other things to do.
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote