Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 09-28-2005, 07:02 PM   #1  

Default Arms?

Hey im trying to make my arms smaller and tonned by using weights but i dont want them to get big or bulky. Does anyone have any exercises or tips?
vanessa6295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 10:38 AM   #2  

Dumbellpresses and curls will tone up your arms nicely. Dieting will make them smaller.

Don't worry about muscles making your arms "too big". I am trying to build "big arms" by lifting heavy and I have still lost 2" off my arms as I have lost 85#.

My wife has worked up to doing overhead presses with 15# dumbells and her arm's are still small; the just got firmer as she lifted more. No chance of "batwings" there.
RobertW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 11:14 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Here is a good site with some examples of arms exercises:http://exercise.about.com/cs/exercis...sshoulders.htm

The important thing to remember is that women can NOT get big and bulky because we do not have the testostorone that men have to make muscle. What happens to women is that they have fat on top of the muscle, therefore thinking that their arms are big, but really it's the fat on top. This is true for all part of the body. So what you have to do is to find a balance between cardio, weight training and eating healthy to get that lean toned look that women want.
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:20 PM   #4  
Mel

The heavier I lift the smaller I get...sigh...

I want bigger shoulders and arms. I'm up to 40 pound dumbbells for overhead presses and 20 pound dumbbells for lateral raises. I curl 30 pound dumbbells. I keep getting strong, but not bigger. I was talking to my boss who is the head trainer and a body building competitor, and his suggestion was shoulder pads.

If you figure out a way to bulk up that doesn't involve drugs or just getting fatter, please let me know.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote