Old 09-08-2004, 06:02 PM   #1  

Red face Looking for low carb crock pot recipies

Hope yall can help. Does anyone know where I can find low carb recipies for my crockpot. I don't have much time so I need to be able to put it in during the morning and come home to a cooked meal! Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jackie
teachergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 01:51 AM   #2  

i do not know much for recipes for low carb with crock pots but there is a book from better homes and garden cook bookc for low carb crockpots. sue
samanthajosmom_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 07:38 AM   #3  

Default Low Carb crock pot recipes

I found a few @ recipegoldmine.com They have just about everything you could ever hope to find.
HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!!!!!!
woreoutmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 09:11 PM   #4  
Sink or Swim

Default Hmmm

Don't know about online......
But, when I was at Walmart today...I saw 2 really nice looking ones.
$15 or less even

Lori
Dizzimama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 02:29 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Check out the South BEach Diet Recipe section under Phase I entrees and Soups and Stews. There are several crockpot or slow cooker recipes there.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 04:42 PM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

This one was really good, I made it last week!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/cookbook/l...viewrecipe/12#
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 05:03 PM   #7  

Default Off Topic

I went to the link you provided to the recipe section and was reminded why I stick to the forums on this web-site.

Could we have a few pop-up ads, please? (sarcasm)

The recipes all looked really great, though, and I can't wait to try some of them out!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 08:36 AM   #8  
Woman on a mission

S/C/G: 200/200/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
This one was really good, I made it last week!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/cookbook/l...viewrecipe/12#
I'm trying this one tonight...I'm so excited to try something new I just hope that my other half will like it, too. He's too much of a meat and potatos kind of man. And, since he's on this low carb as well..he can't have the potatos. So, I'm making this with steamed grean beans. I've never, ever had fresh green beans..unless you count those in the chinese buffet tables.lol
tickleyourfancies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 11:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/266/143

Height: 5'6"

I actually have a book called "Low-Carb Slow Cooker Recipes."

http://product.half.ebay.com/_W0QQcp...28QQprZ6028896
JetSet1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 302/217/181

Height: 5'7"

balsamic pot roast. i'm not allowed to post links yet, so i copied the recipe from kalynskitchen blogspot

Balsamic and Onion Pot Roast in the Crockpot
(about 6 servings, recipe created by Kalyn. I used a standard 3 1/2 quart Crockpot for this recipe. Yes, I have several sizes!)

3-4 pound boneless chuck roast
1-2 T steak rub (I used Pride of Szeged steak rub.)
black pepper to taste
1-2 T olive oil (depends on your pan)
1/4 cup water to deglaze pan
2-3 large onions, peeled and thickly sliced
1 cup beef stock, reduced to 1/2 cup (can use a can of beef broth, but be sure to reduce it)
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (I used Fini brand)
1/2 cup tomato sauce (You can substitute one can diced tomatoes, drained well. I might puree the tomatoes.)

Trim as much fat as you can from roast, and cut if necessary to fit into Crockpot. Rub meat well with steak seasoning and black pepper. Heat heavy pan with small amount of olive oil and brown roast well on both sides. This will take a few minutes; don't rush the browning step.

While roast browns put 1 cup beef stock in saucepan, bring to a boil and cook until reduced to 1/2 cup, then let cool slightly and mix in balsamic vinegar and tomato sauce. Peel onions and cut into thick slices. Deglaze pan with 1/4 cup water and add to sauce mixture.

(You can stop at this point and refrigerate browned roast, cut onions and mixed sauce ingredients and then put them in the Crockpot when you go to work in the morning. Don't refrigerate them in the crockery liner. Having the meat start out cold will add several hours to the cooking time, which will be good if you're cooking it all day while you're away.)

Place onions in bottom of Crockpot. Put meat on top of onions and pour beef stock mixture over. Set Crockpot to low and cook 6-8 hours, until beef is tender. The meat might be partly submerged in liquid after this much time. (If I am home, I might turn the meat once or twice. Remove meat from crockpot and cover with foil to keep warm. Drain liquid from Crockpot and remove as much of the fat as you can with fat separator or skimmer. Cook down liquid by about 1/3, and serve sauce with meat and onions.
katerina11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #11  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I currently have three low-carb slow cooker cookbooks from the library checked out. The one JetSet1982 linked to, and two others:

200 low-carb slow cooker recipes : healthy dinners that are ready when you are! by Dana Carpender

and

The everyday low-carb slow cooker cookbook : over 120 delicious low-carb recipes that cook themselves by Kitty Broihier.

I'm considering buying all three. This isn't the first time I've checked them out of the library, though it is the first time I've had all three at the same time, but I thought that comparing them side by side would help me decide which I wanted to buy (it didn't, I want all three).

Right now, I've got a low-carb slow-cooker meal going (it's not from the cookbook, it's one I've always made).

1 pork roast (3 to 4 lbs. Pork steaks are fine too. I like hocks too, but the extra skin and bone gives the dish a slippery mouthfeel from the fat and gelatin that some people find too rich. I love it, but it's an aquired taste).

1 package sauerkraut (or 1 large jar or two small cans. If using cans, I drain the sauerkraut.)

1 tablespoon chicken bouillon or stock powder or 2 bouillon cubes
(the chicken bouillon is unnecessary if using undrained canned sauerkraut)
1 medium onion diced
a splash of wine or mild vinegar (optional)
and my secret ingredient (optional, but awesome)
1 tablespoon vietnamese style fish sauce (I use this not only in southeast asian recipes, but also in place of some or all of the following in reciepes, salt, bouillon, worcestershire sauce, Lawry's seasoned salt, MSG or soy sauce. It doesn't add a fishy taste at all, it just brings out the flavor and adds a richness to the dish. It's entirely optional, or you can use one of the other salty seasonings).

The traditional accompaniment to this when I was a kid was mashed potatoes. I substitute mashed cauliflower, using a large head of cauliflower, butter and milk. Sometimes I do add a tablespoon or so of mashed potato flakes (to the whole recipe). While it does increase the carb count a smidgeon per serving, it gives the mashed cauliflower a texture and flavor closer to potatoes.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:21 PM   #12  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

Sausage and sauerkraut is as easy as I know. Just have to read the labels on the packages to make sure there is no sugar, maltodextrin, dextrose, high fructose corn syrup, etc. The sauerkraut in the refrigerator section is usually better quality than the kraut in the cans or jars.

Andouille sausage and cabbage is nice, too.
SilverLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #13  

I have been low carb a long time and use my crock pot at least twice a week. It has helped me a lot to keep on track. I post all my recipes on my blog LowCarbCrock.com

Sorry if this post link is inappropriate - if so, please remove it.
christinef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 02:52 PM   #14  

i i have made several of her recipes and love them. she does have a crockpot section. it is a keto site. i do low carb as possible but not keto. please try

http://www.jenniferbanz.com
lisaward4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 08:28 PM   #15  

Thanks for the advice
vida93 is offline   Reply With Quote