Old 09-26-2005, 12:43 PM   #1  
.::Princess::.

S/C/G: 308/288/150

Height: 5'8"

Talking Magic Monday!

First, I want to thank everyone who helped me out when I had my mini-meltdown last week. I am feeling MUCH better today. I did some thinking about everything this weekend and decided I need to make some personal changes that extend further than weight loss in order for me to succeed at this goal 100%. As far as I'm concerned, the way I was going, even if I reach my goal of 145, I wouldn't have completely succeeded.

When I turned 23, I decided I needed to make a life change so I started a binder and started gathering information to begin Project Sarah: Get fit, foxy, and financially free! I got so obsessed with losing weight (the fit part), that I lost track of the Foxy, which is more conident, more positive, more self esteem. My mini-meltdown helped me refocus on the fact that I need to be positive instead of so negative. I think if I become positive, everything else will fall into place more smoothly. I finally realize that I have to LOVE me now if I'm ever going to love me. I mean, really, I am NOT a number on a scale or a size. Sure, I need to take better care of my body because it's my soul's vehicle while I'm here on earth but I'm NO less of a person because I went through a rough patch and got lazy about my vehicle. At least I am aware there is a problem and I am focusing on fixing it. Now, if only I can feel like this ALL the time... but that's my goal.

Anyway, I think I AM going to start a blog or some kind of web site to keep track of everything. When I get it going, I'll add it to my signature in case anyone is interested! Thanks again guys. You're all AWESOME!!
SnShn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:50 PM   #2  
Downsizing Dee!

Yeah Sarah - great attitude! Good to see you've made it over your hurdle.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:56 PM   #3  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Yahhh!!! I am so glad so see that your meltdown helped you. Sometimes that's what it takes.

I think you are right about being positive. Swimgirl lonked to a mantra last week and one of things that it said was "You ALWAYS have choice and the conscious brain can only hold one thought at a time. Choose a positive thought." I thought that was a pretty cool way to look at it.

Anyway, I'm very excited to see you all pumped up!! Yahhhh!!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 01:57 PM   #4  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

So glad to hear this, Sarah! Look at the meltdown as your shake-up call. "Project Sarah" is a great name for your blog! And please do include a link so we can read it!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 02:33 PM   #5  

Oh Sarah, I'm so glad you're feeling better and more positive about all of this. I know last week was rough for you, but like Sandi said, sometimes that's what it takes. I'm lovin your new outlook on things, and I, for one, would definitely be interested in reading a blog from you. I like Jeanette's idea of "Project Sarah", totally fitting and appropriate! Let us know if you start something like that up, it's a great way to get it all out. Next to exercise, it's my favorite form of therapy!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 02:57 PM   #6  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I think a blog is a great idea. I find it really helps me.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 04:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

All I can say is "You go girl!!" I'm glad to see things are coming together. I know many on here have little folders of their weight loss efforts (Sandi and Gretchen are two that come to mind.)

You can do this.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 05:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

You've really been doing a lot of wonderful self-exploration! A blog is a wonderful idea, and I, too, like the name. You may not feel like this everyday, Princess Sarah, but you'll have this thread to look back on and writing all the good stuff in your blog will help you through the rough patches.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 05:48 PM   #9  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

I love that you're feeling more positive. It's infectious, too.

I know what you mean about maintaining that great attitude. I have a persistent tendency to slip back when I'm not careful, and that's when I shamelessly leech positive vibes from the great people here, of whom you are one, BTW.

The binder sounds like a great idea! Good luck to you!
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 05:01 AM   #10  

Its really great to hear that you are feeling so much more positive, after the 'meltdown'. I honestly believe that losing weight is all about changing the way we feel about ourselves, and how we relate to our bodies, and I think the idea of developing a blog/journal/project about that, including what you are doing to lose weight, but including also what you are doing to feel confident, and to respect yourself is a brilliant idea. So I look forward to reading the blog!
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 07:33 AM   #11  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Great post, Sarah. Look forward to your blog. DCM
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:48 AM   #12  

I just LOVE your project! What a great idea. You have much more wisdom at 23 than I did.
irishgreengables is offline   Reply With Quote