Old 09-26-2005, 09:33 AM   #1  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Default Lower Left Ligament Pain

Hello everyone - I need help from someone who may have experienced what I am....and I'm too embarassed to call my Dr. or OB. I had a baby 8 months ago and still today am 100 lbs. overweight. I have one of those apron hanging type bellies - just lovely! Anyway, I've had 3 c-sections and one surgery at the same incision line. When pregnant I get the lower ligament pain and after a c-section I struggle with that severe pain on the left and right (about 3 inches in from the hip bone and very low). Even now (not pregnant) I feel the weight of my belly pulling on those areas and if I don't wear a strong girdle for a day I have the same ligament pain.

Yesterday my 3 yr old was ill with a 102 temp and she was crying so I quickly lifted her up and took her upstairs. OUCH! As I was walking I could feel that same left ligament pain and it HURT - now it's almost 15 hours later and it still hurts to laugh, take deep breaths etc. It's not a hernia - nothing popping out...and it's not appendicitis. I know it's ligament pain because of this big belly. Has anyone had this and what did you do for it? I dread calling my Dr. too embarassing... Thanks!
Kim in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

You should never be embarrassed to call a doctor for debilitating pain. Call, really.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 10:13 AM   #3  
.::Princess::.

S/C/G: 308/288/150

Height: 5'8"

Your health is nothing to mess around with! I'm sure your doctor has seen worse scenarios than what you have going on. Go get checked out!!
SnShn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 10:23 AM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I'm withthem. When it comes to medical advice, call your doctor. You never know what may be going on. Call.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:53 AM   #5  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Adding my vote--CALL YOUR OB!!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:01 PM   #6  
Downsizing Dee!

Since I've never had any children and have not experienced any of the symptons you mentioned, I'm with everyone else. Your doctor should be able to help you get the relief you need.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 02:16 PM   #7  

I have to agree with everyone else. If we can't ask our own doctors about medical issues, whom can we ask? It's better to be safe than sorry. I'm sure you wouldn't want to let a potentially dangerous problem continue just because you are ashamed to seek help, right? I'm sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear, but it really is the right thing to do. Good luck!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 03:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I've had 2 c-sections along with the lovely hanging apron belly and have never experienced the type of pain you are describing. I get the occassional twinge from the nerves recconnecting in the center but never ligament pain.

I ditto about calling the doc and yes Beverly I will take my own advice if my problem comes back any time soon.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 05:17 PM   #9  

Awww, you know me too well Dawnyal!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 12:01 AM   #10  
Laura

I know the kind of pain you are talking about b/c I had two c-sections and afterwards was just agnonizing! The first was worse than the second. Anyway, after completely healing, I haven't had any problems - so I think you should call. Probably you just pulled something - but just in case it's something more serious.

Let us know what you find out. I hope you are feeling better by now! ((HUGS))
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 12:18 AM   #11  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Do not try this at home. The people you see on TV are trained professionals...

Oh, except that guy in the Vicks Formula 44 commercials; he's not a doctor, but he plays one on TV. But he doesn't count.

Call your doctor!
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote