Old 09-26-2005, 11:17 AM   #1  

Default Week At A Time Challenge #14 - The time to start is Now!

The object of this thread is to take on at least one challenge related to your weight loss goals for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you - a certain amount of water intake, no sugar, 30 minute walks, etc.

I will award accolades for each day you maintain your goal(s), and 7 day winner awards and pounds down at the end of the week. We will begin each challenge on Monday - you can choose a new challenge or repeat any challenge for extra mileage. If you would like to stretch yourself, take on more than one challenge.

We will support each other keeping in mind to stay focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week related to our weight loss. There are plenty of threads where a lot of time is spent on personal stories, so let's try to keep that to a minimum.

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 01:04 PM   #2  
Cynical RedHead

Hi everyone!

I have decided that my goal will be to get at least 5 servings of fruits and/or veggies each day this week. Too often i have only 3 or 4 servings daily. With luck, posting here will help keep me accountable.

Today I am already up to 3 servings (a cup of strawberries and a 12 oz. V-8), and my lean cuisine lunch says on the box it has 2 servings of veggies, so that will be at least 5 for today, maybe more depending on what i make for dinner.

Good luck everybody!
FishWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 01:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi
My 7 Day Challenge Is To Walk At Least 20 Minutes Per Day And Go To The Gym At Least 3 Days This Week And Keep The Food Within 1500 Calories Per Day.

Good Luck To All
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 02:06 PM   #4  

Hi
my 7 day challenge is to try and drink water and eat my fruit and veges. How much water am I supposed to drink 8 gls I suppose will try to make it and go down 2 pounds this week.

was 170 lb now 157 lb ...........37 lb to go
sandybhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 02:14 PM   #5  

Hi
my 7 day challenge is to try and drink water and eat my fruit and veges. How much water am I supposed to drink 8 gls I suppose will try to make it and go down 2 pounds this week.

Old 09-26-2005, 05:11 PM   #6  

Hey Sandybhat, if you really drink 8gls (gallons) a day, you'll burst. ()

My challenge for the week is already posted on last week's thread, which I don't know how to transfer over here. So, I intend to eat breakfast every day and have at least one proper meal per day.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:26 PM   #7  

Default Last Week's Accolades!

Well ladies - we had a great showing last week. Kudos to the following for their accomplishments . . .

ceejay for 2 days of goals met! Great goals for this week. We are behind you all the way!

Debi for 2 days of goals met! Hope your ankle is healed!

halelys for 2 days of goals met! Looking forward to your new goals!

Bonnie for 4 days of goals met and for 2lbs down for the week!

and me for 5 days of goals met and for 8lbs down!

Welcome to our newbies sandybhat and FishWoman. You both have great goals for the week and we will support you in everyway we can!

Welcome back carla! I haven't been posting on the 21day challenge - just trying to do it on my own but now that I am on track again with my exercise -I think I will jump back on again.
Have a great day!
Old 09-26-2005, 09:24 PM   #8  

Thumbs up

Wow!! 8 Pounds!

Mscat, you da bomb!

carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:52 PM   #9  

Hey Carla by 8gls I ment glasses not gallons. Thanks for noticing me I am new here just joined 2 days back needed support.I am now liking it here hope I will loose 2 lb by end of this week starting today.....

Hey mscat816 Carla how did you get all these colorful icons let me know I too will like to add them in my posts.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:56 AM   #10  

Default Monday's report!

Hi Ladies -
Just reporting in to say I got my exercise in yesterday a.m.. - 20 minutes on the treadmill. Didn't make my water goal Will go for it again on Tuesday.

Bonnie for Monday's goal! Workout and calories under 1400? You rock!

sandybhat - When you are in post mode - click on your smilies where is says (more) and you will see all the options. Clicking on a smilie will insert it into your text where you left your curser. How did you do with your goals on Monday?

carla, FishWoman - how are you doing so far this week?

Have a great Tuesday!

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
Old 09-27-2005, 08:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

yesterday was not a complete cop out--I did my 20 minute walk but the calories were way over 1500.

Today I'm back to writing down every bite.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 10:02 AM   #12  

Angry

Hi all! It's been so long since I last posted that I couldn't even find my last post and which thread I posted it in! I looked for it all night!

Since my last posting, I walked to the neighborhood store with my son, which is all hills both ways, walked 10 laps around the football/baseball field that my son's team plays on, which is ~2 miles and danced all afternoon and night the holiday Saturday (Labor Day) at a cookout. I could have sworn that I posted this, because I was trying to create my tracker, but if I did, I couldn't find it. One thing's for sure - the last time I posted, I weighed less than I do today.

Hi Debi, nice to meet you too.

Hi mscat Thanks for the on my goals! Glad to hear that you have talked the situation over with your ob who did your hyst and that you two have discussed surgery as an option. Me too. I need to make some appointments myself, and I would like to make a goal, today to make at least 1 today.

mscat I know what you mean about being so tired and sore. My DH is redoing our kitchen, and so far I've helped him take up 3 layers of flooring and cut hang and hammer crown molding. He spackled the holes and cracks from the house settling and is now in the process of painting Kilz2 on the walls. Kilz2 is a sealer - primer - stainblocker.

Hi AliLewis Welcome. You too Bobbolink!

mscat - am I letting you all know how I'm doing OK? Me and my DH have been sick, which is probably why you all haven't heard much from me recently and is why my news is sort of in a catch up mode. I still have some cold in me, but most of it seems to be sinus now.

Ran into my neighbor yesterday. The one who has all the exercise equipment in her basement. We are supposed to get together to both exercise and to walk. We keep saying that we are going to do it, but we haven't gotten together yet.........

Bonnie - sorry to hear about your brother.Both my husband and I are smokers, and I just put a cigarette out! Don't let the sunglasses fool you. It's not cool. There use to be a time when I could just quit, but I can't just go cold turkey anymore......I quit twice when I was pregnant with my kids, but my husband didn't, so the urge was always around me, because he would not even go outside to smoke. Seems like nothing calms my nerves these days......cigarettes nor medication.....

Carla - I've had my deviated septum corrected and it was a piece of cake. I'll keep you in my thoughts, but try not to allow yourself to be so scared. In addition, I agree with Bonnie about guessing that we all face things at times when you just don't want to get out of bed. I should know. I have a chemical imbalance and I feel like that many a morning, and then there's the battle with the kids to get them up for school.......

Oh my Gosh! My DH just called me upstairs to see the 2 colors of paint for the kitchen project. He wanted a gold and a terracotta, but we got the exteme bright side of those colors!

Well I just weighed myself - 172! It's got to go! And so do I.

Casper
Casper5AXTSU76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 10:20 AM   #13  

Hi! everybody, Thanks mscat816 for the info for your goals. My goals went pretty well on monday I did my exercise, drank water and ate fruit and veges, taking one day at a time folks.
cheers!

Old 09-27-2005, 10:31 AM   #14  

Talking

:d
Old 09-27-2005, 11:20 AM   #15  

CeeJay

Hi! Congrats on your 20 minute walk and good luck on your writing down every bite!

Morning, Bonnie.........

Congrats on being back to 196# as of this morning! Isn't it hard to get your head into/back into "healthy eating" mode? With us redoing the kitchen it's lots of TV dinners and canned stuff. Difficult is hardly an understatement! One good thing that I have noticed is that the TV dinners have so little amounts of food on them, it helps with the calorie counting. And my DH has been trying to get Healthy Choice for me.

It happens to be very sunshiney right now, here in DC, So thanks and good luck to you too with your goals.......

Casper