Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2001, 09:03 AM   #1  
Beauty is within...

Smile All Air Walkers/Gliders/Ellipticals/Treadmills/Regular Walkers #34 - New beginnings!

Hi guys!

I've started the new thread as suggested.

For anyone who's interested, we are going to commit to 3 days a week of the exercise of our choice, and "join class" in here in the morning, making a commitment to exercise that day, and then log in later to report on our progress.

This way we'll know that during our busy lives we've managed to get some exercise in!

So join us here on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays, and any other day you want to drop in and say hi!

Well I got my walk in! I didn't go for as long as I wanted, and didn't get the stretches in either, but I DID EXERCISE! Yay!

I will be taking my clothes to work tomorrow, so let's pray it doesn't rain!

Nona and Rose, how did you both go? Talk to you tomorrow.

Lynne
Old 08-19-2001, 08:46 PM   #2  
Beauty is within...

Hi all!

It's so funny, I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE! I hate being able to see how many have looked at your post - 8 people have, but no one's replied! I'm all alone.... *sob* hee hee only kidding!

I am "joining class" to say that my intention to go for a walk has been washed away by the rain, so lounge aerobics for me tonight. I am planning on 1/2 hour of that, combined with floor stretches, situps etc.
Food will be on track, journalling on par.

Bye till later!
Lynne
Old 08-20-2001, 01:59 PM   #3  

Thanks Lynne for starting a new thread! I didn't have time to post yesterday but I sure did manage to do my workout on Saturday. It feels so good to be working out again. Today I plan on doing some Tae Bo. I was going to do a little total gym on Sunday but it was so hot in my apartment I decided not to and save my energy for today. No sense in getting burned out by doing too much too soon. I'm glad you're here with me. Hopefully the rain won't stay around too long for you! What videos do you workout to? I'm hoping Nona posts soon and others out there that would like to join us!

NONA ARE YOU OUT THERE? Please post!

Okay talk to you all later. I won't post until tomorrow because I'll be doing my workout tonight. Have a good one everybody!

Old 08-20-2001, 09:47 PM   #4  
Beauty is within...

Hi there!

Rose, I would have to join my second day of class with TOM looming wouldn't I????? Basically, I blobbed on the couch last night with no motivation whatsoever! However, I have deferred my session to tonight, and Marc will be home pushing me, so no chance of missing it again!

Great to hear you're going strong, and yes I'm glad we're here for each other too! The aerobic tape I've got is an old Jenny Craig one. Do you guys still have her over there? It's quite good, as it's low level so you don't burn out. With your total gym and tae bo, are they all tapes, or your made up stuff too?

Nona, get your butt in here and join the class!

Okay, well off I go, but I will talk to you again, if not before, definitely on Thursday.... Don't you love the fact our exercise class is FREE? hee hee

Chow for now!
Lynne
Old 08-21-2001, 12:54 PM   #5  

Hi Lynne!

It looks like it's just you and me so far. I hope others join us. I did manage to do Tae Bo last night. I do the 30 minute basic workout and it didn't seem as tough for some reason last night. Hmmm maybe I'm getting better at it! I know the feeling about TOM. It's so hard to do anything especially the first day. I hope you feel better today and get some exercise in. I might workout on my Total gym tonight. I need get some stretching and strength training in. I hope this works. I've been exercising on and off for a while but I think making it a regular thing is a good idea. I'll be more likely to stick with it then. We still have Jenny Craig here too. In fact there used to be a workout show on one of our cable channels but I'm not sure if it's still on. Those are good workouts. Okay I'll check in tomorrow to let you know what I'll be doing for my workout on Weds.

Nona-Are you out there? Please join us

Anyone else out there that's interested in joining our little challenge please jump in.

Keep moving!

Last edited by ras8779; 08-21-2001 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-22-2001, 02:19 AM   #6  
Beauty is within...

Hi Rose (and any others! )

You're going to kill me. I still haven't exercised! It's that darn period and recovering from my cold.

I feel like I don't do much else but complain and make excuses, but I'm hoping to change all that tomorrow!

I've got weigh in tonight, so I think that'll be the kick in the pants I need!

Talk to you tomorrow, and I have to say I'm very impressed with how well you're going, and I PROMISE to join in properly!!!

Lynne
Old 08-22-2001, 09:16 AM   #7  
Beauty is within...

Well, you’ll be happy to hear I’m officially over THAT slump!

After thinking about it over the last day, and talking to you guys, and then seeing a girl on TV voted “slimmer of the year” after losing the amount I have to lose in 14 months, well, nothing could hold me back! Also, I went to WW and I’ve gained .4 kilos (.88 pounds), which is basically irrelevant due to TOM, so I felt even happier. Sooo,…. I’ve set a goal to lose that gained weight from the last 3 weeks, and get the ball rolling again!!!! It’s so good to feel motivated again. And you know what I did? I decided rain or shine I’m not missing anymore exercise. One of the things holding me back was not being able to walk at night because it wouldn’t be safe, then I realised there’s a busy main road just up from our house, so I drove there tonight and did my walk from there!!! Then came home and did my stretches and planned my food for the next week. And I’ve got a new journal, so awwwwaaaayayyy we go!!!

Just had to tell you that, so you didn’t think I went to bed feeling as down as I did earlier. I WILL DO THIS!!!

Night friends!

Lynne
Old 08-22-2001, 11:53 AM   #8  

Hi everyone!

Lynne-I'm so proud of you! You did it! Believe me I know how TOM can get you down. But now you are back on track. Good job with WW too. That's great. I actually did my Total Gym last night and it felt good. Now tonight I need to do my Tae Bo again. I was so tired last night I was tempted not to do anything but I was glad I did. I really need to get some of this weight off. Okay I'll check back later.

I hope some of you others will join us!
Old 08-23-2001, 09:03 PM   #9  
Beauty is within...

Hi!

Rose, sorry I didn't log in yesterday, my computer at work was on the blink and then I just plain forgot!

I had a plan with my exercise so I had "joined class" just forgot to sign the book! hee hee

I had to get my car serviced, so I left it with the service centre and walked to the supermarket, did my weekly shopping and then walked back 1 hour later. So I got about 20 minutes walk and really enjoyed the chance to be outside enjoying the fresh air!

Today it's another sunny day, so I've brought my clothes to walk, and Marc's joining me here at 11.30am so we can go together. I've also planned to walk both days of the weekend, and will try my darndest to exercise every day. So far, it will be 3 days in a row today!

Rose, seeing as how we're here all alone at the moment, I'd like to get reaquainted with you if that's ok... So I'm going to tell you a bit about myself...

I'm 30, with my son Josh who's almost 5 and starts school next year. I'm engaged to Marc, and we've been together 1.5 years. He's from New Zealand and we met over the internet!!!
I'm an office administrator for my dad's computer software company, and am a fine artist - painter - at heart. We live in a 3 bedroom house 5 minutes south-east of Adelaide, with a white deaf cat Zepplin, a white dwarf rascally rabbit Scooter, and 6 fish! hee hee. We've just bought a Nissan Patrol 4 wheel drive and love getting outdoors...

I think that's enough for now.. oh, and obviously I love walking and food! hee hee

I've got about 40 kilos to lose (which is 88 pounds) and am 5.9" tall.

What about yourself?

Bye for now!
Lynne
Old 08-23-2001, 09:09 PM   #10  
Beauty is within...

Hi!

Rose, sorry I didn't log in yesterday, my computer at work was on the blink and then I just plain forgot!

I had a plan with my exercise so I had "joined class" just forgot to sign the book! hee hee

I had to get my car serviced, so I left it with the service centre and walked to the supermarket, did my weekly shopping and then walked back 1 hour later. So I got about 20 minutes walk and really enjoyed the chance to be outside enjoying the fresh air!

Today it's another sunny day, so I've brought my clothes to walk, and Marc's joining me here at 11.30am so we can go together. I've also planned to walk both days of the weekend, and will try my darndest to exercise every day. So far, it will be 3 days in a row today!

Rose, seeing as how we're here all alone at the moment, I'd like to get reaquainted with you if that's ok... So I'm going to tell you a bit about myself...

I'm 30, with my son Josh who's almost 5 and starts school next year. I'm engaged to Marc, and we've been together 1.5 years. He's from New Zealand and we met over the internet!!!
I'm an office administrator for my dad's computer software company, and am a fine artist - painter - at heart. We live in a 3 bedroom house 5 minutes south-east of Adelaide, with a white deaf cat Zepplin, a white dwarf rascally rabbit Scooter, and 6 fish! hee hee. We've just bought a Nissan Patrol 4 wheel drive and love getting outdoors...

I think that's enough for now.. oh, and obviously I love walking and food! hee hee

I've got about 40 kilos to lose (which is 88 pounds) and am 5.9" tall.

What about yourself?

Bye for now!
Lynne
Old 08-26-2001, 08:50 PM   #11  

Hi Lynne,
It does seem like it's just you and me for the moment doesn't it? I'm sorry about not posting until now too. Work was so busy towards the end of the week I just didn't have the time! I did manage to do all my workouts this week. Tae Bo is awesome. I really like it. I'm thinking of purchasing another basic tape just for variety.

I think it's a great idea to get to know each other again. I think it's great that you met your sweetie on the internet. How neat and romantic. It sounds like you have a fabulous place and your cat sounds so sweet. Well I'm 40 years old and have one son who is 17. Boy is that a challenge. Just wait until your little one is 17. I've been a single parent for 12 years and I'm very close to my son. He's an awesome football player and we're hoping he gets a college scholarship which would help out a whole lot seeing I'm living in an expensive area and really can't afford to send him. I do payroll and also budget for the place I work at. I've been at the same place for 15 years and don't ask me why because I couldn't really tell you. After my son graduates this year I'm hoping to move closer to my mother who lives to far from me right now for me to see her as often as I'd like. I am 5'8" and I need to lose at least 65 pounds. I'm making mini goals of 20 pounds. I really think that this plan of yours is helping me! I think if I can keep doing this for a few months then I'll really start losing weight. I usually workout after I get home from work. I think I'll have to change that soon because of my son's schedule with football so I might start working out in the AM. It must be nice to have someone to walk with. That would be great. I hope you had a great weekend. I'll post more tomorrow. It's my Tae Bo day again. I actually look forward to it Okay Lynne, unti tomorrow let's keep moving.

If there is anyone out there lurking please jump in and join us!
Old 08-27-2001, 12:05 AM   #12  
Beauty is within...

Hi all!

Rose, don't apologise, I didn't get in either!

I did exercise on Saturday - when Marc and I were out nightclubbing... so I think I was just working off the alcohol! I did remember to drink with Diet Coke, but not sure whether that mattered in the end!

I'm about to go for a walk now... it's just on 1.30pm and the sun's occassionally coming out, so hopefully I won't get rained on!

Well done for all your workouts, I'm so impressed! I think I've done fairly well over the last few days, but can be improved.

You sound like you have a great life - I sometimes wish I was further away from my mother, my parents are driving me nuts at the moment! However, I know that if we move, I will miss them. We are a very close family, and this year I'll be missing the family christmas for the first time. We'll be over in New Zealand on our honeymoon, and will spend it with Marc's parents.

I'm glad what we're doing is helping you, I know it is for me! I love being able to come in here and get your support and know that we are doing this together. Hope you don't get sick of just my company! Unfortunately I don't have a walking buddy, because when I go it's either at work, or from home at night and then Marc has to watch Josh. I must admit I look forward to when Josh is old enough to be at home on his own. But we're talking about having another baby in the next couple of years, so I guess that throws that out the window!

Well I better get this walk in, so I'll catch you later.

Thanks for being such a great exercise buddy!
Lynne
Old 08-27-2001, 02:57 PM   #13  

Hi Lynne,

I'm glad you're my exercise buddy too! Maybe we'll inspire some others out there lurking to join us. You must be so excited about your wedding! It's coming around fast. I know you're right about the parent thing but I think it would be nice to be closer but not too close! Anyway I hope you got your walk in. I can't wait until tonight to do Tae Bo. I'll have to do it as soon as I get home or I won't do it I know that. I'll try to check back later tonight to post what I did but if not I'll post tomorrow. Take care and keep moving!
Old 08-29-2001, 06:47 PM   #14  

Lynne-I hope I didn't lose you I haven't posted in a few days myself although I managed to do my Tae Bo on Monday. That was a struggle. It's Tae Bo again tonight so I better get myself motivated. I hope all is well with you. It's going to get pretty lonely on here with me posting by myself. Please post when you get the chance! I need your motivation.
Old 08-29-2001, 08:20 PM   #15  
Beauty is within...

Hi Rose!

You wouldn't believe it, I've been sick AGAIN! This time with some wierd stomach thing that gave me a horrible migraine and tummy pains. So I was laid up for 2 days and couldn't eat much, and definitely no exercise!

The only good thing to come out of it was when I went to my weigh in last night I'd lost 3.1 KILOS!!!!!!!! (THAT'S 6.82 POUNDS!!!) And the cool thing is that there was only one day that I didn't eat at all, because yesterday I had two meals, so a lot of that loss WAS ME ON PROGRAM!!!!!

I'm still feeling sick and wobbly, but I've made it into work - I'm only going to do a 1/2 day, and then go home and relax!

Glad to hear you're doing well. I did get my walk in on Monday by the way. I'm walking so much faster and further than I used to, it's great.

Well, I'll see how I go today, but if I don't get a chance to post again, I'll catch up with you tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to go for a walk tomorrow, but I might even go for a dawdle around the block today, seeing as how the sun's out. I look as pasty as a doll today!

Bye for now
Lynne
Closed Thread