Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2001, 09:04 AM   #1  

Angry Happy Monday everyone! 8/20/01

I have never started a thread before, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

I missed you all very much!

My DS is back to normal, he had a terrible virus, which left his little 2 year old body dehydrated, and he had ulcers on his throat, which left him in lots of pain, it is very difficult to see your child go thru this, but he is back to normal, and finally getting his appetite back.

On a bad note...my eating is at an all time high, I feel so fat, and cannot stop eating!!! But, my treadmill came in yesterday, so I started fresh today. I weighed myself this morning (first time in a month), and I am offically 14 pounds heavier than my personal goal (which I was at 6 months ago!!!!) so I am starting over, and I am going to do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My goals for this week are to stay within my points range, and walk 3-5 miles every day on my new treadmill. I also am going to drink my water!!

I am sorry I didn't get to respond to you all, I don't think I have the time to go back and read thru 2 weeks of posts!!!

Welcome to all the newcomers! You will love it here, they are all a great bunch of support buddies!!

So, what is new with everyone else?????
Old 08-20-2001, 09:11 AM   #2  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello Tonya. I am sorry to hear that your son was so sick but I am glad that he is doing better now. Yes, put that treadmill to work. That will give you the motivation back I am sure!!!! I have been having a hard time latly as I have been eating WAY too much. Boy, have I been using pregnancy as an excuse to eat. This weekend I went to my WW meeting to buy a 12 week journal. I sure do hope that helps keep me on track!

Still sitting at my dest trying to decide if I feel the baby move or not. Sure do wish it would get bigger fast so that I could just feel it!!! Think this is my plan of activity for the day. Oh, maybe I will work some too.

Hello to all about to post. Hope you all had a great weekend.

Trish
Old 08-20-2001, 09:18 AM   #3  

Trish ~

I think I was about 5-6 months pregnant when I felt the baby move, and it feels kind of like butterfies in your stomach, or a rolling feeling. It is a wonderful feeling. The one true thing I miss about being pregnant!

Good for you for buying a journal. Don't make the same mistake I did, for both of my pregnancies. I used it as an excuse to eat, and gained almost 50 pounds with each pregnancy. It is easy to gain, and SO hard to get off!! Make smart eating choices, you will be really happy you did after the baby is born!!

(Sorry, I didn't mean to sound preachy!!) It sounds like your pregnancy is going well, I am glad. It is a wonderful time, I loved being pregnant!!

Have a great day!
Old 08-20-2001, 09:54 AM   #4  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hi everyone. I can't believe it is Monday again. Argggg... WE went to the YMCA Saturday morning to sign Emma up for baby swim classes, then I stayed and worked out for a bit. Yah me. Hubby and Emma went and bought me 3 red roses just because! Then Emma was attacked by the killer mosquitos and is all spotty again. Poor girl. And Chicken Pox was found at daycare last week, so they were all crabby this morning when I dropped her off.

Oh and Mental note.... don't use gel on my new short "do" mousse is defiantely better... my hair feels all greasy this morning.

Tonya, I am glad your son is better. What a scary thing to go through! Give him lots of extra hugs!!

Trish, yah on getting a journal!!! Oh and I am with Tonya on feeling the baby. It feels like butterflys and/or your stomach is turning. I think I really felt it about 22-24 weeks. But I did feel light butterflys once in awhile at about 16-18 weeks.

Work work work.... hubby and I are hitting the gym at lunch time! Gotta go fill my water bottle now!!
Old 08-20-2001, 10:06 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Default Drag.....its monday

BOOOH what a drag. I don't want to work. The weekend was too fast.

I had an up and down weekend. B/f was a stupid *** on Friday and didn't end up seeing me, he got puking horrid drunk with co-workers and then spend all of Saturday apologizing. Les Mis wasnt' as good as I thought and it was horrible hot ihn the auditorium. But b/f and I had a good time. Then yesterday we saw "the others". It was SCARY! I screamed. go see it if you like horrors!

Well, I gave b/f the gifts I made/bought for him and he didn't have anythign for me. Iknew he didn't. He was planning to give next weekend. So I said we'd have a romantic dinner next weekend and go from there.....this week will be crazy busy!

Well, I better mosey now, I have work to do - hi to all you preggos/once preggos that are posting this morning. I have never been pregnant, can't relate, but I hear its a very cool thing.

Have a good OP day
Belle
Old 08-20-2001, 11:18 AM   #6  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Belle: Glad you had fun with BF at the show. Sorry your week will be so busy.

Jen and Tonya: thank y ou for the advice. I think I feel it once in a while I am just not sure and it is not consistant. Hopefully it will become more consistant these next few weeks.

Well, I am so hungry today. I have eaten my breakfast and my morning snack. I will have ot just drink water to get by until lunch.

I am so sick of water. . . but other beverages have so many cal. I just hate to drink my cals. So I guess water it is!

Oh well...

Trish
Old 08-20-2001, 11:29 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Girls
lol this is my week for medical adventures and bill paying
and going thru clothes cleaning finding sneakers and glasses and etc whyyyy is that b/c in 2 weeks tommorrow MY ARSE IS ON A PLANE TO IRELAND god willing our passports come in we got them by the skin of our teeth on friday we walked in 10 min before closing b/c mom had to go to PA to get her birth cert so i didnt have time to go to DMV so she had to witness my identity and the lady only took her app after i begged her
UGH and TOM has me eating like a trooper and craving PB so i dont even want to look at the scale tommorrow
Isnt it wierd when ppl pop up out of no where A guy from School who i had an affection for last year (crush sounds soo 7th grade lol) IMs me and asked me to email him like 36 times and we had a flirtation but he had a gf soo obviously nothing happened regardless I leave in 2 weeks but the whole thing was strange

I might go check out the PCOS forum b/c thursday i have a sono to check for it EEEEEK
anyway Have an OP DAy
Love Kier
Old 08-20-2001, 11:30 AM   #8  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Oh, Jen:

You are doing so great on the gym!!!! and how wonderful that they got you "gym" flowers! Boy, the gym pays-off in more ways than one.

Ok, people, come out and play!!!

Trish
Old 08-20-2001, 11:31 AM   #9  

Trish... I forgot to say this. You will have a better chance of feeling the baby at night. The doctor told me that the motion of you moving through the day is like a rocker for the baby and it tends to make then snooze more during the day and up at night. You probaby don't notice that now, but just wait, you will have a baby pounding on you at night. This is also why newborns are up more at night at first, then aren't used to our schedules!!!! And the movement won't be too consistent yet, but as the baby gets bigger it will be! How Fun!!!
Old 08-20-2001, 11:37 AM   #10  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Kier:

Wow, two weeks until Ireland. Do me a fav...find out the for-real correct way to say Padin ok? Good luck at your sono. They are really stress-free. I have them all the time. Not only for baby but also for breast things too.

Jen: I will have to keep that in mind. Right now the times I think I might be feeling it are somedays when I am sitting at my desk not moving for hours (no, really, I am not just trying to feel it move...well, maybe) or like 9pm when I have been sitting on the couch for a while. It is the not consistant (and the not really sure that is what I am feeling) that makes me nervious.

trish
Old 08-20-2001, 11:47 AM   #11  
Parrothead

Default Mornin'

Hi all! I don't have a lot of time to post today but I wanted to drop in. Weekend was fun but bad WW wise. I went to my college town to help my sorority get ready for rush. They showed off their skit to the alums and some of us hung around visiting and re-living the old days. It was so fun and the actives really seemed glad to have us old chicks to help! I ended up eating mexican food and drinking beer and margaritas. The scale says I'm up at least a pound today! Uhhh! Oh well, I guess its back on the bandwagon today.

Trish ~ Oooh! I hope you feel the baby soon. That is so exciting! My best girlfriend just had a baby and she would eat sugar whenever she wanted to feel the baby move. It was a hoot! All of a sudden she would go a get a brownie or lollipop because she would feel paranoid without movement. Have fun

Hi all....I'll talk with ya'll later!
Kay
Old 08-20-2001, 11:48 AM   #12  

Trish, don't be nervous. I never had consistent movement until maybe 30 weeks. some nights I would lay there waiting for a kick so hubby could feel.... nothing. Just be patient. If you are feeling them after not moving for awhile, I would bet it is the baby!!!

My right wrist hurts... and I have a brace on it at the moment. Makes it hard to type and write. I don't know how I injured it, but it feels carpel tunnly, but the pain doesn't travel up the arm. HMMM

Oh and Trish, the flowers were a wonderful suprise! And I enjoy going to the gym. I used to have a membership when I lived in the big city of Milwaukee and went every night after work. Once you get into the routine, it's not so bad. PLUS, I want to wear the bikini!!
Old 08-20-2001, 11:51 AM   #13  

And I forgot to mention... I told hubby I have 20 more pounds to lose before I will wear the bikini (even tho I know with my height, I will look OK with less).... and he said that when I tried it on the first time (when I bought it), I looked fabulous in it. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 08-20-2001, 12:04 PM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default TRISH

Páid PAWD Paud Noble (Latin) Patrick, Paddy
ok so i did a search for irish names for ya
depending on how you say your AW sound its cool
http://www.hylit.com/info/Names/index.html

I think it would be PAWDEEN

Last edited by KO; 08-20-2001 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-20-2001, 12:31 PM   #15  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Ugh, Monday!

My computer doesn't like me posting for some reason. It gets super slow! Oh well, super busy anyway.
Played softball in our company tourney and I can't sit down or stand up. I was catcher for only 3 innings!!! Yikes! I'm more out of shape than I thought!
The prob is that everyone at work is hounding me about it and I've just about had enough crap from those guys!!!
Well, I'm getting a salad for lunch and then back to work!
Bye!
Closed Thread