Old 09-21-2005, 06:06 AM   #1  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Smile 21-Day Challenge!! -- countdown to victory!!

Okay, everyone, as is becoming the tradition, I start a new thread when I personally start a new challenge. Also, some people may have trouble downloading a long thread, so I like to start new ones.

Below is a short explanation of how this challenge works so all you newcomers can take a look and decide if you're game or not! I hope you are! Hop aboard and enjoy the ride. We've got a great bunch of supportive people, so I hope you'll give us a try. I see, looking back on the beginning of the old thread, that we had a lot of people who tried for a while and then disappeared. I hope some of you will give it another try. Remember, it's not over till you give up. And our motto around here is:

NEVER GIVE UP!!...Just start OVER!!

EXPLANATION:

It works like this: you decide you'll do something for 21 days straight, every single day, so keep it doable. Then you count ....one through 21.....and if you flub it, you MUST go back to zero and start over again. Everyone will be on different days. You can start anytime. You get ONE "pause day" for each perfect round of 21 days you complete. With a pause day you pause in your counting and continue the next day with the number you left off with. Pause days are NOT substitutes for days, i.e. Day 12 -- Day 13 -- Pause Day -- Day 14..... I suggest taking a pause day late in the game (better to go back to Day 1 early on) if you need a break or screw up when you're well into the challenge, meaning, when you're on Day 15 or something like that.

In any case, the trick is to keep going. The momentum builds and it's great incentive to stick to your guns, cause if you don't.........back to START you go. And the really great thing about this challenge is that you are forming new habits that will wipe out the old! AND, you get to do it with a great bunch of really supportive people to whom you are accountable! And, YES, we are watching YOU!!

Ready to join us!!?!?! You BET!

redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 06:12 AM   #2  
Never give up

Red face deciding....

Well, everyone, I started the new thread and I'll be starting my challenge soon. I plan on that being tomorrow (Thursday here). I haven't decided just what it will be but it will definitely be more of the no-sugar, no-white flour challenge along with other elements.

Okay, any of you who were waiting for me to start the new thread so you could start your new challenge, here it is!! No more excuses!! I'll be joining you shortly.

Old 09-21-2005, 06:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 174.2/148.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Default I did day 11 Yesterday

But ugh, the food I ate BAD Angela, Bad!! I'm hoping to improve my food intake today.

Red - I hope you find a challenge that is to your liking

Hugs,
diamond_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:36 AM   #4  
Never give up

Cool things are cool...things are cool....things are cool...

diamond girl -- Good for you!! You made it through Day 11! Heh, don't worry about the food. Just get back in line. This is what I'm telling myself. I have been on a pigout! Really, ridiculous! But heh, I'll get back up (out of the trough) and fix things up! At least my only eating disorder is overeating. I say this as I saw yet another anorexic woman on the street. I mean truly anorexic, not just skinny. I don't know what it is but I see more and more of them here in Tokyo. Japan is supposed to have the highest rate of anorexics and bulimics...wow....pretty sad. Well, diamond, good luck. Put another horsey picture up there for me, will you? Horses are my passion!
Old 09-21-2005, 07:58 AM   #5  

Default Omg!!! Hi Red!!!

It's me Lisa. How have you been?? I am ok, I can only write a quick hello for right now due to the fact that I am on my way out the door to work. I want to sign up for the challenge though. I need to start back on my healthy lifestyle again. Long story short, I gained 25lbs back. My first step is to try to come back here every day. So that will be my 21 day challenge, to post on this thread no less than once a day. Wish me luck because I really need it.

Miss ya and big hugs!

Lisa
PS Is Marty still around? I saw Cherie over in the journals and want to say hi to her too. You can read my journal from the other day if you want to be totally bummed out. LOL!
friendsforfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 08:07 AM   #6  
Never give up

Talking hello!! hello!!

Lisa -- Hello there! Great to see you! I'm so glad you're here. Oh, yes, please, please sign up for the challenge. Posting here every day is a good start! Well, I'm about to hit the hay so I won't read your depressing journal now. But I will tomorrow. Marty was here for a while, then disappeared. I think she made her challenge (no smoking) too hard! She's over on Jaded Ladies and Cherie is on Weighty Issues. She never did the challenge that I can remember. She's been through a real rough time.

Well, sorry to hear things are bad with you. And wow, big bummer with the weight gain! But, we can always start again. I gained about 10 lbs, took a little off and have just been stuck. Just not getting the exercise I used to. But, I am sick of the fat and really want it off..though I know it's going to be tough. I didn't decide on my next challenge but I think I'm going to do the thing I most hate...counting calories.....because maybe it's the only way to be sure the weight comes off.

Well, gotta go. We've got a great bunch of people here (hello to people !!) so I hope you can join us and make it even GREATER!!

Ciao bella!!

Old 09-21-2005, 09:33 AM   #7  
Lifeishort, Operaislong

Default Day 18 finished

Oooh, a whole new thread, how exciting. Day 18 is done for me, and I actually feel like this ab workout has become a habit. How cool!

Redballoon - If you take on another white flour/white sugar challenge, you will be my hero. That must be so tough! I'm thinking of giving up chocolate for my next challenge.

Good luck to everyone!
Chaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 03:29 PM   #8  

Hey Chaps, you are my inspiration for adding sit-ups to my challange.
What, exactly, is your work out? Last night I did 3 sets of 15 sit-ups. I'm going to work up to 20.
Day 1 finished. Day 12 I think, with the beer.
Yesterday was a bad eating day, due mostly to stress eating. But it appears no damage done.
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 05:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Might have a go at this myself this time around, I think.

Today is Thursday my-time. My challenge to myself will be to control those portions better - reduce the carbs - and to drink the water (something I am not good at, at all). I start tomorrow (Friday 23rd September) morning early - right before the gym.

Here goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 08:20 PM   #10  

Hey Day 16 done here! Congrats on doing so well everyone!
32 Days on WW.

SW:175
CW:158
GW:135
vanessa6295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 10:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Day 6 Complete

Went for 30 minute walk with boyfriend and puppy. I don't know if I gave u guys any background on this puppy we have. My boyfriend's uncle gave her to us. I attached a picture. Anyways. She's a mixed breed. Not quite sure exactly all she has in here, but she is a nut. She's so funny and SOOO hyper. When we took her to the beach she didn't want to walk on the leash correctly. She wanted to hold onto the leash with her mouth and walk alongside of us.
ANyhoo, when I took her for a walk by myself the other day, she didnt do that. BUT when my boyfriend held the leash today she did it again...she's *special* LOL

Oh yea and I did 6mi bike (25 min @ 14mph)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Caroline.jpg (10.0 KB, 26 views)
SillyFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 10:34 PM   #12  

Very cute puppy, Fluff! She must have some retriever in her - they like to have balls or leashes in their mouths.

Mez, have you started your new challenge? Congrats on completing the last one!!!

Red, thanks for starting a new thread, but it wasn't quite enough to get me back on goal. I start back to work again on Tuesday, and until then I think I'll just relax and eat whatever I want. Of course I'll regret it later, but c'est la vie. Whenever you talk about your waistline, it makes me remember those wonderful days when I just had a big waist instead of an "apron". The worst thing is I'm almost used to it now. But I talked to a friend today who has just bought a house with a pool. She's very slim, and even thin I wouldn't have her hot bod, but the pool is incentive to become less potato-shaped. Anyhoo, right now I feel the need for a little more time with no restrictions, and then I'll be back with a vengeance. Even with the slight gain of the last week (not showing on my ticker until next Monday), I've still lost 15 pounds. Which is about 25% of my total goal. So it's time to rest, and then back to work. Sad to say, the weight-loss caused by my change in meds is now over, so from now on I have to actually work at it. Bummer!!!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 11:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

she's our baby, what can i say

She gets her cuteness from her "momma" LOL
SillyFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 11:13 PM   #14  

So how do you attach photos anyway? I'm dying to show off my kitties...
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 12:52 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

I didn't get to 3FC yesterday at all (I've got what seems to be the flu) so I am back at day 1 today. I could call that a free day but it was only day 4, so I think I'd actually rather start over.

So I'm done with day 1 today. This challenge is surprisingly hard for me!
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote