Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2001, 08:32 PM   #1  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Starting new...so come on out all you 20-somethings and post.
Old 02-28-2001, 08:42 PM   #2  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello everyone. Well, yesterday was ok...went over by 3pts by mistake. I thought what I had for dinner was 3pts less than it really was listed in the food book. I hate that! so today I need to make up for that.

Kim: I do not envy you your assignment. To have to witness anyones death would be very hard. I also think it will be sad to see the family of the victom (are they going to be there?) so many emotions. It sounds like the man on death row has some veyr serious mental issues. I can't remember who said it, but life does happen and sometimes the "diet" needs to go for a while. Don't worry, you will get back on track.

Debbie: sounds like you are swamped. I ment to tell you about Michelle. She had a little boy about a month after Jen had Emma. Everything is great. She has not been here much and is really busy.

Ok, I need to get to a project at work, but I will post again this afternoon.

Oh, Brenda, where are you? I am worried about you because you seem to take so much on.

Oh and Lolly, just wanted to check and make sure you were not in the train crash in UK. Our news just said "UK train crash" and were not more specific. I guess I need to do a web search.

Ok, got to go. talk with you all soon

Trish
193.2/186.2/155?
5'10"
Old 02-28-2001, 08:46 PM   #3  
flibbertobbergenie!

I'm here! Computer is being slow though. I am writing up a paper that I gave at a seminar a couple of weeks ago, and it is slow going. All that's left are the introduction and conclusion but they are always the hardest bits! Did I tell you my first book was published last week? Ok, it's a translation, and there are 3 other translators, but it's still a real book with my name on it. Very excited!

So ... how is everyone?
Shalyne - it's so good to see you again. What's a Naturopathic doctor? Is it the same as Homeopathic?

Trish - Oprah sounds fun! I will be in Spain for 6 weeks, in Madrid, working in a couple of libraries. Got my ticket this morning and I am away from 12 March till 21 April. Such a long time - and I don't know anyone in MAdrid, all my Spanish friends are in Galicia or Barcelona. So I will be hunting out internet cafes to check in with you guys!

Belle, Ali - my click was not quite fitting into a British size 24 which I think is a 20/22 in the US. That was a horrible moment.

Suzanne, it'll happen. You could try working on a few healthy new habits instead of stressing about following the program, if that's what's hard. Pick a bad food habit and try and break it, then move on to the next one. Might that help? And tracking is definitely the way for me! Otherwise I just ignore half of what I eat ... cause if you don't write it down, it never happened, right?

And Belle, ALL my goals are short term! I haven't got anywhere near thinking about a final goal - like you, I've never been thin so I have no idea what to expect. It's cool feeling fit and active for a change though, isn't it? I'd almost take the feeling over the actual thinness

And I have to admit, I once went on local radio and said hi to alll my friends the 'mega-Blockheads' - yup, we all loved NKOTB as well. And Jon was my favourite too! Poor guy, I wondered what had happened to him.

So, I'd better get back to work - hi Stacey, Sarah, Kay, Jen, Debbie (good luck for the run!), Kim (hope things aren't too stressful, don't be afraid to cry if it moves you), and everyone else who knows me (sorry, back on the radio for a moment there!),

love
Lolly
xxx

------------------
257SW- 211CW - 207 (2nd 10%)
Old 02-28-2001, 09:16 PM   #4  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Oh Lolly, you will be gone for so long. I sure do hope you find a cybercafe so you can talk with us. Wow, six weeks and not knowing anyone would be hard I think...but I bet you meet a bunch of great people. Wondering, where are you staying? Do they put you up in a hotel or a corporate apartment? Also, CONGRATULATIONS on the book. That is GREAT! What is it a translation of? can I buy it on Amazon.com? One last thing, I was just looking at your stats and wanted to let you know YOU ARE DOiNG GREAT!!! I am very impressed.

Ok, got to go.

Trish
Old 02-28-2001, 09:17 PM   #5  

Ok, I am back after a lovely day at the courthouse. I had jury duty again but it's over I can't be called again for 5 years. I got called for 2 trials yesterday, 1 was settled before the jury went in and then I was dismissed from the other. This time I took the rest of the day off (not telling the boss that though). I ran a few errands, went to my school (I never go to campus anymore) and the library. than I went to the dentist which was ok too. I even started on a paper for school last night! I hope I can keep that up, it only has to be 5-10 pages and so far I have 1 1/2.

So I missed everything that happened yesterday and I don't know when I'll get to cath up on those posts.

Lolly - I am glad that you were not in the train wreck.

Kim - from what I read it sounds like you are going to witness and execution. That is scary. I hope that you will be ok. Good luck. when is it?

Trish - You sound so much more upbeat than you have been. I am very glad to hear that. I wouldn't worry about the 3 points but it has happened to me and it is very frustrating (just the other day in fact!)

I am doing a little better with food this week. I have stopped pretty close to max max (sometimes over) but I am feeling better about it. Hi to Brenda, Stacey, Shaylene, Ali, Jen, Tonya, Julie, Belle, Suzanne and everyone I am missing.

Sarah
194.4/167.6/153WW
Old 02-28-2001, 10:04 PM   #6  
Running Babe

Morning All. That train wreck in England sounds absolutely horrible, I pray for the families.

Trish: I have gone over accidentally as well. I wish we still had those 2 extra points in our days though. Granted I exercise, I generally don't like converting my exercise points into food ones.

Lolly: congrats on your book!

Lolly: Yeah a 24 is about a size 20, some 22s in the US, it's weird, since I heard a british size 16 is a US size 12. But yeah I tried on some UK 24s last summer, and they were snug.

Sarah: Good Luck on your paper! I have to finish one this week, I am trying to finish it today (I have 6 pages and I need 10-12).

Take Care!

Ali
Old 02-28-2001, 10:07 PM   #7  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Hi everyone! I have a closing in 30 minutes so this is a quick one. I did go to WI last night and I lost .8#!! I was really happy. I thought I'd have a gain, but I guess this excercise-thing really does work!!
A special hello to everyone.
Kim: I'm thinking about you!
Got to get back to work. I'll be around later!

------------------
Stacey
235.7/185/160
Old 02-28-2001, 10:25 PM   #8  

I figured I'd get a head start on todays thread! Tee-hee ... it's 11 AM, and already there's so many posts.

Last night I had class, and I'm falling behind in the readings. I met with the professor and he said he'd give me "enough rope to hang myself". So I have to come up with a schedule of how I am going to catch up. This should be a challenge ...

Trish - Thanks for filling me in on Michelle. I sure bet she's busy. She had her hands full before she had the baby.

Lolly - My friend just spent 1 1/2 years in Italy and is planning a trip to Spain for next summer. She is so fortunate to be able to travel to such exotic places and experience the culture. I've never made it outside of the US (except for Canada). Have a wonderful time, and I'm sure you'll be able to check in from time to time. Thanks for the good wishes on the run ... I need all the help I can get.

I went over points last night and I shouldn't have. Jeffrey waits for me to get home from class to have dinner, and I have absolutely no interest in eating at 9:45 PM. I feel bad because he waits (although I've told him not to) and I've got to make him dinner. So last night, I had to stop at the store for some items (non food items - TP, cat food) and something for dinner. $44.00 later I walked out with FF cupcakes, snackwells individual pack cookies, on sale Peppermint patties and Healthy Choice Mint Choc Chip IC (half gallon). Crap I just didn't need - and dinner I wasn't hungry for. So it's my own doing ... I went over points by my own demise. Thought I'd share that with everyone.
Thanks for listening.

I'm gonna get some work done now. Check you later ...

Debbie

------------------
"Don't expect your life to change without some effort on your part."
Old 02-28-2001, 11:46 PM   #9  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hi everyone! Well, I'm blowing off WW today. I know I haven't lost anything and I'm trying to get back on track before I go. I'm about to go get some soup for lunch.

Thanks to everyone for thinging about me. I can't believe how much this is affecting me already. I told my editor I was nervous and he acted surprised. He's not particularily emotional about anything, which irritates me constantly. I asked him how he'd feel if he was about to watch someone die. He had no response. I talked to the victim's father on the phone this morning, which was hard.

The good news in this week is that my b/f's grandmother is doing a lot better and they think she might beat this pneumonia. She might even go home this weekend, so it looks like I might be able to make it to that awards banquet after all. I'm worried about that,though. So much food and alcohol, and I really don't want to take it easy! But I think I'm going to have to if I want to see a loss next week!

Lolly: I'm so envious about your Madrid trip. I bet you're going to have a fantastic time!

Scary moment of the day: I'm take a two-day training class with the police department next week and at one point I'll have to wear a gun belt. They want my waist size!! Yikes! I don't want to tell anyone, but I guess I'll have to. Geez, I don't even know at this point. I'll have to go check. Ay, yi, yi!

Well, I'm off to seek some lunch. Have a good day, everyone!

------------------
Kim
206.8/185.6/130
Florida goal (March 23): 179
"The (wo)man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones." -- Chinese Proverb
Old 02-28-2001, 11:50 PM   #10  
Eve's Mom

Hi girls just a quick note - I am swamped to day!

Lolly - I will buy a copy in any language!
Kim - I hope you are doing okay!! Still thinking about you!

For those of you who went over a few pts, doon't worry, it could be WAY worse and you are back on track. I love those peppermint patties too!!

For all of us who WERE size 22 (24 UK) can you beleive that we came this far?? Wow....something to think about when we are blue.

Well, TOM came today with a vengance so I am emotional and having severe chocolate cravings - may the force be with me!!

Na-noo Na-noo!

Belle

------------------
SW-244.4/CW-218.6
next 10% 199
Mexico Goal, Aug 2001 = 170-175
final goal 165
Old 02-28-2001, 11:52 PM   #11  
Eve's Mom

BTW - I am going to see Barenaked Ladies tonite!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!

If I had a million dollars.... http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//insane.gif

Belle
Old 03-01-2001, 12:01 AM   #12  
Believe it & Achieve it

Hi all!

I know, I know, I have been unfaithful in posting. I've been lurking and keeping up though. It really seems like that is all I have time to do these days.

Been back on track the last few days and since it has been so nice outside I have been out walking almost every day. Unfortunatley we will be getting rain again tommorow. So, there ends that wonderful session of outdoor excercise for now.

Belle: I am with you on the chocolate. Oh my....watch out everyone!

Kim: I don't envy you one bit over the whole execution thing. That would be so tough and as far as the police thing, well tell them your size with pride! It could be worse and you could be at your starting point again. Could you imagine telling them that size?? I have been doing a lot of reflecting lately and being grateful at all that I have lost so far...Makes my goals so much more attainable than seeming so far away. Hope that makes sense.

Stacey: Hello! How are the wedding plans coming along?

Brenda/Kirsty: where are you???

Lolly: have fun in Spain!

Well, gotta run- hi to all that I missed, unintentional!

Emily
Old 03-01-2001, 12:45 AM   #13  
Parrothead

Hello all! Another busy day for me at work. At least I know I'll stay OP today with Lent and all. I still haven't figured what I want to give up. I might just try to do something extra kind everyday instead. Who knows, maybe french fries...they are my all time weakness. I hope you are all having a good day. Sometimes I really want to quit my job and find a new career. I just haven't decided what I want to be when I grow up . I'm thinking about teaching, but the pay cut might hurt right now since DH and I are trying to get on our feet. I know money shouldn't motivate me, but it is nice. Oh well, I'm sure it'll come to me eventually.

Tonight is WI, but I'm really not looking forward to it. I skipped last week because ot the trip. I don't think I've done horribly, but it seems like now I have to be super good to see ANY results. Maybe I've just hit a plateau and I needed this "break" from journaling to get on track for next week. I might have to go to Vegas for another convention in a couple of weeks. That will not be good for the diet.

Anyway, I have to go back to the grindstone. Have a great day all!
Kay
Old 03-01-2001, 01:47 AM   #14  
Go Avalanche!!

Here it is Wednesday. Sorry I have been incognito, but it’s been an insane past week. I read all the posts from Friday through today, but I don’t have the time to reply. Just know you were all in my thoughts!

I was going to start over OP again today and then I opened my drawer at work and the Girl Scout cookies were talking to me. Note to self: put boxes in kitchen so other vultures in office will get rid of them. The weekend was ROUGH! I took Friday off but Jeff’s parents took us to lunch for my birthday (Feb 26). Then I had a candle party that night. The hostess knew my B-day b/c she works in my eye doctors office. She had a Birthday cake for me! I don’t really know this girl very well either! Talk about a paycheck of the heart! They also ordered pizza and I hadn’t eaten. Later I met DH at a little bar and had a beer. Saturday was my friends Bridal Shower at my house. Didn’t get a walk in b/c too much to do. So cake and snackies for that. Then I had a show in Ft Collins (about 50 miles from my house) on Satruday night. My brother lives up there and DH and I were going out with him after my candle party and spending the night. We had pizza, beer and a friend bought me 2 shots! Sunday morning I woke up with the worst hangover headache I’ve ever had in my life! Is there something about turning 26 that means you can’t hold your alcohol anymore? I think it was a combo of no sleep, ½ a beer on an empty stomach (and this beer was 16% alcohol by volume), mixing beer with the shots and all the greasy food. I tried to eat Sunday morning but couldn’t. Then dinner with my parents Sunday night (my dad and I have the same B-day). Red Lobster no less. Call me a nut case, but a Long Island Ice Tea actually tasted really good. Can we say alcoholic? Must be careful! DH and I were supposed to go out to dinner again Monday night for the actual day but neither of us felt like it. He brought me home a cheesecake wheel instead. Argh!!! He knows better but I’m sure he just figured he’d top off our weekend of healthy eating! Another note to self: bring rest of cheescake into work for above mentioned vultures. I’ve missed the last two WI’s. I must go next week and face the music. I’m pretty sure I’ve gained back most of what I had lost

Debbie: I just got ‘Burn’ and I love it!!

Stacey: Thanks again for asking about me!

Kim: I’m thinking about you too! I admire your strength for even deciding to do it!

Trish: Thank you honey! *hugs* I do take too much on but I will find a way to balance it all eventually. I had a really good talk last night with the person that is now my leader in PL and I feel a little better about it. It’s going to be hard to get used to her totally opposite style from what I’m used to. I’m not feeling especaiily good about WW right now but not especially bad either.

Oh, and for those of you who helped me with the great leather coat debate? I think I’m just going to go ahead and get it. Coats are normally a little big anyway. I’ll let you know once I get it. DH and I have to go shopping.

Whose read Bridget Jones’s Diary? Got that and the second one from a co-worker for my B-day. It’s absolutely hilarious! I keep thinking of Kirsty and Lolly with all the British terms. F****wittage!!!! I’m having a blast reading it.

Gotta run. Have a candle sale at work today! *hugs* all around!

------------------
Brenda
198.4/162.4/135(WW)/130(Personal) (5'4")

When life gives you mud, make mud pies!!

Feb 27 WI goal: 155 !!
Old 03-01-2001, 01:49 AM   #15  
Eve's Mom

kay - I don't know what I want to be when I grow up either.

Emily - managed to avoid the chocolate fix and got rice and veggies instead....going in for more coffee though - and another glass of good old water, oh well!!
Closed Thread