Old 09-19-2005, 04:40 PM   #1  
.::Princess::.

S/C/G: 308/288/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Plus Sized Halloween Costumes (that look good)

Hello everyone...

There is a halloween party coming up (in a month and ten days... I'm asking early incase I have to sew something) and I want to be an angel. In my head I can picture the dress I want and how I want to look but I can't find a pattern that goes up to a size 22/24 *gag me... I hate my size!* Anyway, does anyone know of any good online stores that sells plus sized costumes or patterns? I think I could design my own but that's a last resort.

Also, feel free to share any other cute ideas, etc with me for Halloween! Thanks!
SnShn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 04:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Not sure how much you are wanting to spend on one but here is a search I came up with on ebay
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...ume&category0=

HTH
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 01:14 AM   #3  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

I'm not able to point you in the direction of any places to buy plus sized patterns from, just have some advice. Hope it is helpful...
From the sewing I've done, I learned that it is really important to buy a pattern based on your measurments, rather than just going by the size on the pattern. Reason for this is, the sewing sizes haven't grown like ready to wear sizes! Does that make sense?
Good luck on creating your costume sounds like fun
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:01 AM   #4  
.::Princess::.

S/C/G: 308/288/150

Height: 5'8"

Dawnyal... I heart you...lol! I looked on ebay and came across nothing (don't ask me what I did wrong). I really like the one dress... it's almost identical to what I was thinking of. Thanks!

Laura - Thanks for the sewing tips. I'm not 100% sure I'm going to get a dress from ebay so if I do decide to make something and I have to create it on my own I'll make sure to really measure myself well to size it properly!

Update: I decided to make my own dress because I think it'll be a little more affordable and that way it'll be EXACTLY like what I want. I recruited my mom to help me design the pattern. Between the two of us, we should be able to make something work so I'm excited. Again, thanks to both of you who responded!

Last edited by SnShn13; 09-20-2005 at 11:58 AM.
SnShn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 04:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Your welcome. I love searching on ebay all the time. good luck with making the costume. I ditto Laura. I think the last thing mom made me was a humungus size when I was like a 24-26.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 06:24 PM   #6  

I needed a costume for the Summer Reading program at work--and I'm not a sewer. I went on ebay and found a great dress. Not sure if the same seller would work for you, but they sell lots of very pretty items, and I"m sure you could find something that would work for an angel outfit. They were very reasonably priced and shipped *very* quickly. Here's a link to the items they have for sale on ebay right now--most (if not all??) of which are plus sized:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQ...clothingQ2ecom

Hope this helps!
LuvHamsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 03:07 AM   #7  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Do you have something special in mind?

An angel is pretty easy with the right accesories. I would go with a flowy, sexy white dress and feathered angel wings and a white wig - maybe a halo depending on how "good" of an angel I wanted to be.

Here are the two things I might buy:
http://www.sizeappeal.com/SizeAppeal...ductID=01-1051
http://www.costumesinc.com/p1780/36-...4&st3=63288894
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote