Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 09:07 PM   #1  
Melissa

Default Creating a Core Wendie Plan

I really think that if we all put our intelligent, pretty little heads together, that we could really come up with a core version of the wendie plan! I thought we could start a new thread to chat about the subject. Then, when we all put our two cents in, we can actually try our plan and see how it goes!

Here's what I've thought of so far. The wendie plan is just a distribution of our 35 weekly points in a specific high-low pattern. So if we eat our normal core foods, but then distribute the wpas in a similar high-low pattern, wouldn't that be a core wendie plan?

Does anyone else have any ideas for how to distribute our weekly points?

35 Total WPAs--
Day One: 2 wpas
Day Two: 5 wpas
Day Three: 2 wpas
Day Four: 18 wpas (SHD)
Day Five: 1 wpas
Day Six: 5 wpas
Day Seven: 2 wpas

What do you guys think? Ideas? Am I totally off my rocker here?
Old 09-17-2005, 09:17 PM   #2  
Melissa

OK I have already changed my mind. I think that there should be another higher point day. Maybe on Day 6 you should get 8 points instead of 5. Another day where you could really use the points. I don't know, what do you all think? I'm very excited about this! And I'm the only one here tonight. I'll just keeping writing down ideas!
Old 09-17-2005, 09:34 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

I'm in! I'll try it -- am writing down your distribution plan right now and emailing it to myself.

So this is what we do ... eat all Core foods and use the WPAs according to the schedule above. Right?
Old 09-17-2005, 09:37 PM   #4  
Melissa

Hmmm...I've never heard of a "Core Wendie Plan" before. I'm on Weight Watchers and have been for almost a year and have tried the plan once (lost 1.8 on it). Explain to me a little better what you're talking about doing and maybe I'll give it a shot this next week (Wednesday would be my next new week.

Melissa H.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:40 PM   #5  
Melissa

BTW, how do you put in your beginning weight, weight now and goal weight in this thing? I haven't found it yet. Duh...

Signed...Dumb blonde in Texas Confused 'bout the Windie Core Plan AND other stuff.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:49 PM   #6  
Melissa

Okay, never mind. I figured it out. Anyway, let me know about the Windie Core Plan please. I'm not sure I understand why the variation in points from the 35 alotted from one day to the next.

Thanks!
Melissa
Old 09-17-2005, 10:00 PM   #7  
Melissa

Melissa, Hi! And welcome to our little spot on the web.
There is no such thing as a core wendie plan. We are trying to make one up! Since you said that you have already tried the wendie plan, you are familiar with that. We are just trying to find a way to make it work with the core plan. Many of us don't like flex, or have had trouble with flex, and don't want to go away from core, but would like to use the wendie plan to shake things up a bit. Does any of that make sense? So to answer your question, we are just trying to make one up!!!

Kathy, you are a brave woman, jumping on my idea! Like I know what I'm talking about! Do you think it would work???
Old 09-17-2005, 10:06 PM   #8  
Melissa

Ok, thanks for the explaination. I'll think about it. It may all depend on how well I do at Weight Watchers Tuesday night. I'll keep you posted. Okay? BTW, do you have a set amount that you lose each week on the Core plan? I know that it seems the women who are on it where I go seem to lose 2 pounds a week steady. I'm curious to know how you and others do on it on an average.

Thanks again!
Melissa
Old 09-17-2005, 10:13 PM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, this is kind of what I've been thinking about too. I keep thinking that the Core food should be affected too but I can't figure out how to do that without defeating the principles of eating until satisfied.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:14 PM   #10  
Melissa

Testing my tracker

Old 09-17-2005, 10:18 PM   #11  
Melissa

Vickie, I know what you mean. I was trying to make it more complicated too. But if 24 flex points = eating until I'm satisfied on core....wouldn't it be the same? I mean, just the regular plans are supposed to equal out somehow, so wouldn't messing solely with the wpas be the same?
Does that make any sense at all? I know what I mean but it is hard to communicate in written word.

Melissa, have you been doing flex for the whole year that you have been on WW? We love to have new people join us here, so just jump on in. As for your question about average weight loss, we seem to think that core weight loss is pretty random. Some weeks there are big losses and other weeks little ones. Everyone's experiences have been different I think.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:19 PM   #12  
Melissa

WOW Melissa!! Have you lost all of that weight this year on WW? That is amazing!

BTW, feel free to join us on our core chat board. That is where we talk all day and night about everything under the sun. We are on number 28 right now I think.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:25 PM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

But....30 points for me would be Flex. Are you saying that if I'm eating to satisfied I would naturally be around 30 points and the only difference would be the distribution of my WPA's? I'm not trying to knock your idea. I believe it is definitely the starting point.
Old 09-17-2005, 10:28 PM   #14  
Melissa

Well the deal is that I started losing weight 5 years ago and within the first 2 years I lost 80 pounds (on my own basically by starvation which I don't recommend). Within another 2 years I managed to GAIN back 45 pounds and in the last 11 months I have lost 55 pounds. I am the smallest I have been in over 19 years! It's both exciting and sad. The good news is that I have learned (and am still learning) portion control and not allow food to control me. It is amazing how your image begins to soar when you become your very own control freak. Ya know?

I'm LOVING this thread and am excited to learn more and more how to become less and less.

Old 09-17-2005, 10:29 PM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Maybe I need to go back and read more about the Wendie plan. I've never done it and only recently heard about it from you and Sandra. I thought the manipulation was being done with the basic points (i.e. 24 for you and 30 for me). I didn't realize that they were adding in the 35 weekly WPA's too. Hmmmmm........I think this might be a morning project for me! My brain is a trifle tired tonight!
Closed Thread