Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2001, 06:27 PM   #1  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Good morning. I was writing a pretty big post and hit a button with my right hand and *poof* the post disappeared. So, now I'll be late for work. BUT, I just wanted to say have a wonderful day and hopefully I'll be back around this afternoon.
Have a great, on points, day!!!

------------------
Stacey
235.7/185/160
Old 02-27-2001, 08:21 PM   #2  

Hi Everyone I missed reading yesterday and had quite a few posts to catch up on.

Kim... wow going to view the execution... that sounds nervewracking. Good luck.

Jason... glad to hear the date with your online girl went well. I know how nervewracking it can be to know someone online and not know how things will go in person... I've been there and done that in the last few weeks. I guess we're both lucky tho since it went so well with both of our online people.

Stacey... Ugh sorry about your post... that would be very frustrating. So far I've been lucky and haven't had one disappear on me... but I'm waiting b/c I know it's going to happen LOL.

Anyways... let's see, what's new with me. I finally bought a new car b/c my old one is having..."issues". I'm picking it up today... a black 2001 Oldsmobile Alero. It's not a bad looking car and hopefully will last for a long long time. LOL It had better!!

So... other than that things are pretty status quo. I went to my Naturopathic doctor yesterday and she thinks I seem/look healthier so I guess that's a good thing. Have been very erratic about eating tho and I know that isn't healthy at all.

Hope you are all having a nice day

------------------
~Shalyne
230/203/150
Old 02-27-2001, 08:35 PM   #3  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi Guys! Long time no see, I know. Things have been busy here - lots to do before I go to Madrid in 2 weeks. Top of the list is buying a plane ticket! I have been very lax about it and now I will have to pay more. Ah well. This is just a quick message as I have things piling up on me, but I went to WI today and got it for free because I helped out (selling the gear!). Only 3 people (including me) stayed to the meeting, which was a pity, but at least we got to talk to each other. I gained .5, but wasn't disappointed at all - have had a very slack week foodwise. And I haven't changed my signature!

Take care everyone, and I'll try and pop back later,
love
Lolly
xxx

------------------
257SW- 211CW - 207 (2nd 10%)
Old 02-27-2001, 09:24 PM   #4  
Running Babe

Wheee, I'm watching When Harry met Sally right now, I've never seen it though, but I love Meg Ryan movies.

Anyhoo, I am getting my grad pics taken today!

Shalyne: A new car! That's great! My "new" car'(she's 3 years old) is almost no longer warrenty so I'm going to be careful with her.

Stacey: I hate it when I post and then it disappears.

Lolly: good luck with getting the tickies to Spain.

See Y'all!

Ali

243.4/166.2/155
Old 02-27-2001, 10:03 PM   #5  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Hey everyone!
Shalyne: Awesome about the new car!! I just LOVE the way they smell!
Lolly: Good luck with the ticket finding. I'm envious of your trip!
Ali: When Harry Met Sally is my all-time favorite movie!!
Boss is back. Maybe I'll be back later!

------------------
Stacey
235.7/185/160
Old 02-27-2001, 11:03 PM   #6  
flibbertobbergenie!

Me again! I luuuuuuuuuuuuurve When Harry Met Sally, but I lost my copy of the video and now you've made me want to see it again! I will have to stop by HMV or Virgin on the way home and see if they have it in the sales ...
Old 02-27-2001, 11:16 PM   #7  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Well, this is the third time that I have tried to post today. It has been making my computer crash. Hopefully, this time it will go ok. So far so good.

Well, I was at the Oprah show taping yesterday. It was fun. Oprah looks the same in person. I thought she looked good. My hubby thought her dress was ugly and her boots were too tight. We are very judgemental. But it was an experience. The show was about anxiety disorder. Very sad. One of the guests was some guy that was in New Kids on the Block. I thought he was going to have a heart atack before the show started. He had this disorder very badly. Poor guy. His brother (another NKOTB guy, but I don't really remember the names of the "kids" in that band) said he also had it, but I think for him it was a semi-sham so that he could get on the Oprah show. His brother, thought, was NOT faking it at all. Anyway, the show is on this Thursday. I don't think the audience will be seen much, if at all. If it is, I was in the middle section of the studio one row from the back row (where we wanted to sit so as NOT to get on TV) second person in from the inside. I have long dark hair and I am sitting next to my hubby (who has dark hair and has a gotee) I am wearing a black leather jacket and a toupe color sweater. My mom is next to me on the other side. She has on a green turtleneck and a black vest. Anyway, if we are on, that is us. Chicago was fun. Ate way too much and spent way too much money shopping. I am trying to eat really low end of points the rest of week.

Went to weigh-in Saturday morning. Was down 1.8, so that was good. I have been doing better with the water, but still need to get more in.

Stacey: sorry you lost your post. Must be the computer monsters.

Shalyne: I love new cars. We just bought one in December and it is so nice. HAve fun.

Jason: I am glad your date went well. It sounds very romantic.

Belle: Sounds like you had a nice birthday and that the BF thing is working itself out. Your dad may be right on.

Kim: I don't not think I could witness an exicution. Sounds very hard and would be enought to make me eat!!!

Lolly: how long will you be in Spain for? Wow, that would be very fun. and didn't Kirsty mention that there is an Ikea there? They have some fun things.

Ali: I love "When Harry met Sally." really great movie. How fun.

Ok, hello to everyone else. Will check back later.

Trish
193.2/186.2/155?
5'10"
Old 02-27-2001, 11:19 PM   #8  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Just ready my reply and realized that I really must be having a "fun" day. I may need to expand my vocabulary.

trish
Old 02-27-2001, 11:20 PM   #9  
Eve's Mom

Suzanne - I can't really help you out on this one, just when things click they do. For me it was this fall when I just decided this was it, I wasn't going to be a size 22 anymore. I just did it. and these past couple of weeks have been the biggest setbacks for me. so that gave me more motivation.

There are a couple of things for me too, like I have never been "thin". I have never felt really fit either - but I love to do activities. I am themost fit now than I have been in YEARS but I am not where I wanna be.

I want to hike and canoe alot this summer - but I can't at this weight and level of fitness - so I need to really focus on the getting FIT goal...and the weight will come hadn in hand of course.

The other thing is Mexico in August. If I go and am not somehwat thinner and don't feel good in a swimsuit, I won't wanna be there and won't have as much fun....so I am focussing on that. Getting in shape for summer and for my trip, sort of shorter term goals.

Do you make short term? I have two mini goals until my final goal....

Lolly - geez that trip is really creeping up on you!! How exciting, wish I was going away...

Shalyne - Woo hoo! new car - I have had my new civic almost a year in may. I love it, its my baby...I luckily have a long warranty

I just saw when harry met sally recently with my b/f for the first time - loved it....would watch it many times over and over!!!

WEll, I am doing good OP this week so far. Okay, its only tuesday, but it still counts!!

Last night was my night "off" b/f and I hung out with my mom and some friends of mine and then had a bath and did some laundry, very important stuff you know!!

Tonite I see b/f - I am a bit nervous I'll admit, but I am focussing on me now - its a very different feeling, you shoudl all try it!

Wel, better mosey - do soem work!

Belle

------------------
SW-244.4/CW-218.6/next 10% 199 (Mexico Goal, Aug 2001 = 180-185)/final goal 165
Old 02-27-2001, 11:24 PM   #10  
Eve's Mom

Kim - I hope things are going okay for you - I was thinking of you last night, having to face this execution and everythign else piling up on you. But you are a very strong girl emotionally - I know because I lean on you lots!! and you can carry me AND you.

But if you need to, hop in my boat and we will paddle together!

HUGS!
Belle
Old 02-28-2001, 12:12 AM   #11  

Hello All,

Jason- congrats on the date. I met my bf now on the net, well it was thru a net personal ad. We started as pen pals and he asked me out and it's been bliss ever since.

Shayle- new cars are so awesome! I have a new to me 96 jetta and love it!

Lolly- so if you sell the gear for them you get a free meeting? where is that?

Ali- good luck with the pics, I love Meg Ryan too!

TrishO- that must have been Jordan and Jon, yes I was a big NKOTB fan. That's strange about the anxiety....I won't be able to watch it I work till 9pm

Belle- thanks for the awesome tips! I brought my WW stuff with me to work to make sure I tracked. I'm with you about the fitness goals. I would love to get bf into doing exercise stuff with me. we talked about getting bikes and i love hiking. thanks again!

Well, have tons to do including my taxes, I'm applying to grad school and will hopefully go full time starting this summer. hope i get some good financial aid

Suzanne

[This message has been edited by ILGBG (edited 02-27-2001).]
Old 02-28-2001, 12:29 AM   #12  
Eve's Mom

Suzanne - I was a big fan as well! In fact, I got to meet them in like 1991! I was so excited...now looking back I think - why? But oh well.

I'll be sure to watch it - hey, too bad we coudn't have written Oprah a note about having us on her show!! I keep on sending email, but it isn't working....
Old 02-28-2001, 12:43 AM   #13  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

I tried to drop a note about us in her "show ideas" box (well, about internet weight loss support etc or about internet friends etc.) but my mom made me pitch it. We were a little silly yesterday waiting to go in (well, not hubby. I think he was a little overwhelmed by all those women).

Suzanne, yes, I think they were Jordan and Jon. The one with the BIG TIME disorder was the one who left the band first (Jon maybe). Was Jordan the lead singer of the group? Well, it was not him but the other. Anyway, Jon (who is really very very good looking right now. Brother, not so much) quit the band in like 94 and then did not leave his house for 4 years due to this anxiety disorder. Then in like 97, he decided to get help. He was really in bad shape (panic attack etc. Great shape in body. Ha Ha HA). I felt really bad for him. I think Oprah (who get telling him to breath) thought he was going to have a heart attack and die right there on her show.

[This message has been edited by Trish O (edited 02-27-2001).]
Old 02-28-2001, 12:53 AM   #14  
Eve's Mom

That is so bizarre! Poor Jon!! I always thought he was cute but sort of shy...I guess that is what stardom does to you. Poor old Jon! I must break out my NKOTB albums now.

Well, off to lunch with my old boss.

Belle

------------------
SW-244.4/CW-218.6
next 10% 199
Mexico Goal, Aug 2001 = 170-175
final goal 165
Old 02-28-2001, 12:54 AM   #15  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Trish: Wow! I will definitely tape it. I was a huge fan of NKOTB!! It's pretty funny thinking back on it, but my sister wrote Joe McIntyre a love letter. (he was the youngest in the group) Yep, Jon sure was cute!! I can't believe he has anxiety problems. I'll look for you!
Well, I must dash off again. I'll be back on the next "smoke" break.
Brenda: Where are you? Did you go out of town like Kirsty?
Belle: Good luck with bf tonight. I'm going to start doing stuff for "Me" now. Good advice.
Kim: I hope you get through the execution. What can I say? I hope all goes well? Corny!
I'll be thinking of you!!!!
Hi to everyone else I didn't mention.

------------------
Stacey
235.7/185/160
Closed Thread