Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 08-16-2005, 08:00 PM   #1  

Default Re: book "Is Your Thyroid Making You Fat?

Has anyone read this? Do they give you examples of meals to eat? I just read about it in the First magazine and was wondering if anyone had anymore info - and if the book is worth buying.

Thank you,

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 04:59 PM   #2  

I have not read it ....but I too, was thinking about buying it.
~whitedove33~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 01:34 PM   #3  

If you think you have thyroid problems, your first stop should be your doctor's office, not the bookstore. The only way improve thyroid function is to get on the right meds.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 07:32 PM   #4  

I have a thyroid problem. Had radioactive iodine in May of 2004 and am still not on meds but am getting fat!! I just read this article in the First magazine today as well. I am interested in hearing more about this.
My doctor never says much to me so I need to find information elsewhere.
Love WanttoLose
WanttoLose2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 10:16 AM   #5  

Hi everyone. I also read this article. As a matter of fact I went searching for it yesterday again! I have it right here. I am reading it again! I went to www.amazon.com to read more about the book and see what others on there had to say about it. It appears to be a good book.

I am looking into all of these books: The ph Miracle For Weight Loss, Screaming To Be Heard, The Thyroid Diet, and of course Is Your Thyroid Making You Fat?. If anything I end up just reading about them and reading the remarks other people said about the books on amazon. I am going to ask my library if they have any of the books above. I doubt it though. Small town, tiny library. Most books I have had to buy to see.

I am being tested today for thyroid problems. I have been dieting for a long time now. And all I have done (on several different diets!) is gain more and more weight! In May I was 180! I am now 195! On August 1 I seen my doctor and she weighed me in at 184. She told me to do calorie counting. So I have been doing that. I am still gaining and gaining. So yesterday she told me to get into the office and get some blood tests done. So I am going this afternoon. Hopefully they can figure out what is wrong and get is taken care of. Hopefully it is nothing to serious! I am threatened with (which I have to remind my doctor because my doctor does not know - I didn't have these doctors during my pregnancies) diabeties. I had gestational diabeties with my last pregnancy. Whatever it is, I hope it is easily cured and my weight comes off!

Thanks for bringing this up though! I was searching the web for info. on that article!
TMunday is offline   Reply With Quote