Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:26 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #145

I know Mima ... been on Prednisone a lot and once for a very long time. Well ... I took the last of it yesterday so maybe I can GET OVER IT! now. I took a lot less than what the Dr. prescribed or I really would be bouncing off the walls. I'm still pretty jittery today. I have 7 - 20 mg. pills left of what he gave me. Told hubby I'd save them for the Christmas rush. I usually get to feeling puny around then. Winter makes me hurt worse. My Rheumatologist has me take Prednisone almost every December so if I need it I won't have to call and ask him for it. I have eaten my way through the house in the last 4 or 5 days. Hope it slows down now or I won't be able to get in my prom dress! We're having our annual Anniversary Sunday at church this coming Sunday ... It's hard for me because I'm always up there on the stage in front of everybody. I'll just have to remember not to turn side-ways!

Have to go to town today so got to get busy. Hope you all have a great day ... glad I don't have 2 babies to worry about!

Oh ... heard from Candice ... having computer problems again.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 06:34 AM   #2  

Good morning! I made a casserole for my cousin and I will make a banana cream pie. Stomache still has pain and I have sciatica and a pain in my heel. Yikes!! Oh, the 2 babies are jaundiced-so was Evan. And John Peter is jealous because he wants to nurse too. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 06:21 PM   #3  

My son was jaundiced when he was born too.
The banana cream pie sounds delicious!! I would like some right now.

I need some prayers ladies. There was an incident at school on the playground on Tuesday with a rather rebellious, belligerent, and rude child. He would not be quiet and kept pulling away, hitting and kicking at me. I flipped his cheek with my fingers (didn't hit him), but now I am on paid Administrative Leave while the administration does an investigation. The boy is suspended by the way. We have over 225 kids on the playground at once. It is a small area. There are 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders out there. Too many for that little area. This is the first year it has been like this because of all of the wonderful changes that have been made at school. NOT.

Anyway, I don't know when I get to go back. Hopefully Monday. I was hoping for tomorrow, but since I"ve heard nothing today, I guess not.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:50 PM   #4  

Good evening ladies.

Meme - thanks for starting a new thread!!! Glad you are finished with the Prednisone - glad you can get it when you need it. I hope you are feeling a lot better by now.

Mima - so, not much longer before you head to Florida! I wouldn't go near the place until AFTER the hurricane season. I am a chicken

Tammy - I hope you get back to classes soon. The rules have gotten ridiculous, if you ask me. Some bully grade 3 boy, was picking on my little gdaughter and her friend when they were out in the playgound. He would kick them and hit them, and pull the hoods of their parkas. The girls told the playground supervisor about it on two different occassion, but it seemed like nothing was done about it. Ashley overhead ME talking to my daughter and telling her that Ashley needs to know she can defend herself against a bully and not be subjected to that kind of thing - NEXT thing you know, the boy started in on the two girls again, and they beat HIM up! NOW the notes came home from the teacher. In the end it got straightened up, and the boy has left the girls alone. As my hubby said, he was probably humilated when two grade one girls beat him up! I still believe I was right, but the schools don't allow this. I think all children should know they can defend themselves without getting into trouble.

Wouldn't I make a wonderful teacher

Well, it is for sure Fall here, although it feels more like winter. I have never seen as wet a SPRING, SUMMER and FALL as this year. The winter is supposed to be warmer than usual, but lots of snow storms. Yikes!! This is MY pain year. I don't do well with humidity and Alberta has always been hot and dry or cold and dry - the key word DRY!!!

Hi Joanne and Canadice. Hope you are doing well.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 06:17 AM   #5  

Oh Tammy-that is so sad. I had to leave because the kids were so rude to me, Couldn't take it. And parents were rude also. Hope this turns out ok and I will pray. I held the new baby yesterday!! And Auntie had to wait ion me hand and foot. Son will be here tonight and gone in the am. I had a pain free day yesterday!! My sewing machine won't work and I don't know how to fix it. The needle won't pick up the bobbin thread-any suggestions Joanne. I was going to make my almost new grandchild some outfits. My daughter decided that guy wasn't her type-he didn't take it well. Bye for now. Mima
Old 09-16-2005, 12:11 PM   #6  

Default Hey There

Tammy- Sounds like you have one like my daughter has in your class. The parent is aware of the problem child but won't admit it.Hope this all works out for you. I used to tell mine ,'you get in trouble at school and then you get in trouble with me'. Only one time when the teacher had a method of pinching and putting blue makes on my son did I back him up and take him out of her class. Several other mothers had the same problem with her.Sounds like your principle should have backed you up. These days it seems that everyone is looking for reasons for bad parenting or to sue someone. In the old days if a kid didn't behave he/she got their butt smacked.

Mima- Sounds like a bobbin problem.. Hope you feel better soon. I had stomach problems all last week. Let me know when you want to come to Tarpon Springs.
Meme- I hate predisone.. The weight gain that goes with it is bad enough.
Happy- I am feeling pretty good ,today. I will attempt to get a walk in. It seems that I may have to just do that every other day.
Hello everybody.. I am late doing everything today. Woke up late. I don't sleep well first part of night. So now it will catch up all day...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 09:12 PM   #7  

Thanks everyone. The superintendent told me today that no decision has been made yet. He told me to plan for a sub for Monday. I've been on the phone with the teacher's association rep, and he has been in contact with the lawyer. He described the lawyer as a bear, and he didn't mean a teddy bear! Could get interesting!

I had a phone call from a concerned parent this morning. I told her that I wasn't allowed to talk about the incident. She was sending letters to the principal and superintendent about supporting me, and she plans to let others know how I'm being treated. Oh my!
Old 09-17-2005, 01:39 AM   #8  

Oh Tammy ... I'm so sorry. Just got on here and read about your problem. I'll certainly be praying for you over the weekend ... this, too, shall pass, you'll see. There is a song that I sing called, "It's Just Another Red Sea." (Written by Gold City) The chorus goes:

It's Just Another Red Sea
That the Lord'll see you through
It's just another giant
Like the one that David slew
Just another battle, an opportunity
For you to win the victory
Don't worry when the water looks deep
It's just another Red Sea

Ever since I learned that song, I've tried to live by it. When bad or sad things happen or I get up feeling so bad I can't hardly get up, I start singing that song. It's just another Red Sea. Just something else I have to get through. Something else the Lord is going to help me cross. And if He doesn't help me cross it He'll take me around it ... it may be a long way around but He'll be with me to guide me so it'll be ok ... I'll eventually get there. Life is full of green valleys, dry deserts, Rocky Mountains and Red Seas! I guess that's what makes it so interesting! Don't worry girl ... Your boat is in good hands!
Old 09-17-2005, 10:32 AM   #9  

What beautiful sentiments, Meme. Tammy-this will turn out fine. What a great parent for that support. anne-hope you are settled! Joanne-I took an old sewing machine home from tjhe flea market-couldn't get that one to work either. 2 for the rubbish. Bought a Brother at walmart-it costs less than Brad's tank of gas. Son just left-short visit but i did get to iron his shirt and pants. he rented a tux for the wedding. Going to the flea market-maybe I can relieve somebody. Bye Mima
Old 09-17-2005, 11:19 AM   #10  

Meme, that's beautiful! I'll try to keep that in mind while this is going on. I just wish it was over so I could get back into the classroom.

Mima, I'm praying that it turns out fine, and I'm thrilled with this mother going to bat for me. I've had both of her boys, and she knows they aren't angels, but I have dealt fairly with them with different issues.

We have a tax levy on the ballot for the school in November. There are many people against it because of all of the things the administration and board has done over the past few years. My husband had written letters to the editor about some of the issues, and he even went to board meetings. We have a vote NO sign in our yard, so I think that's what part of the problem is getting this thing solved. Had some phone calls from people around town who had their NO signs come up missing overnight. the sheriff has been called. One woman saw a red van driving very slowly down their road late last night. Earlier this week, some of the cross country team was seen kicking down some of the signs. My son and I were talking earlier, and one of the CC team members parents have a red van. Hmmm. Could be interesting.

There are also signs up in support of the levy. They say Education First. Well, my brother has a letter ready to go to the paper and to the school board, about everything they are putting first before education. My SIL teaches at the high school, so she and I have first hand knowledge of the crap they've pulled and the lies they are telling the community. Well, enough of my soapbox for now. lol

Hope everyone has a great weekend! The band is going to their first marching contest this afternoon. Would you believe they are letting me go to chaperone? I asked the superintendent more than once, and he said it was ok. I must really be a threat then, right?
Old 09-18-2005, 05:39 AM   #11  

I guess they trust you Tammy. I am sure they are doing what they have to do to protect you and themselves. the worse case I have ever heard of was a great principal who was accused of molestation and placed on leave for a long, long time til his name was cleared. i used to see him at Mass in the morning, He was one of those people who did everything for the kids. His whole family was in education!! And his name was cleared!! I am still praying. What a surprise yesterday. Brad's son and his girl, from now on to be known as Brett and Angela, came over to tell us about a baby in May and the wedding this October, We knew they would get married eventually but not that soon. Anyway-we may have to wait a week or 2 before we leave. But that's ok-Brad will have more time to do things. Brada's first grandchild. Life is what happens while you are making other plans. She is going to school and she says she will finish. And graduate in May. Bye for now. mima
Old 09-18-2005, 11:41 AM   #12  

Mima, congratulations on the upcoming marriage and baby!! Also, thanks for the prayers. I feel like there is so much support, that things will work out in the end. If not, I don't know what I'll do.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:44 AM   #13  

One day at a time!!!The things we worry about usually don't happen. God knows the outcome and He loves you! Saw the bride and groom yesterday-they are meeting with the minister on Wed. Wedding is getting bigger. i have to lose 5 lbs so I can get in my dress. Good incentive because I have not been walking. But I will today. My 2 grandchildren have colds!! And Mike is up here. Mima
Old 09-19-2005, 11:02 AM   #14  

Default Hey There

Tammy- Mima is right. One day at a time. Don't make yourself sick over this . It will work out. There is so much pressure in the schools these days I am surprised that more teachers don't just retire.
Mima- I have to lose 5 lbs too. I am right on the edge of being out of leeway. I try to walk as often as possible. But it doesn't help when I eat things I shouldn't.
Meme- I read about all the things you do in your church. I am just trying to get back to going to church. I seem to get out of the habit from time to time. I went yesterday and the walls didn't rumble so I guess I will give it another try next sunday.My hubby is refusing to go so I am on my own.Early mornings are hard for me so I am trying the mid day time.
Hello everybody... My laundry is waiting for me...Bye...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 12:25 PM   #15  

Joanne ... midday works. God doesn't care what time you go as long as you give Him the time! We had our Anniversary dinner yesterday ... went good. Of course, I went Sat. night and spent 2 1/2 hrs. cleaning & getting everything ready ahead of time. It was our week to clean the church plus got the coffee pots ready and all the paper stuff set up and set up tables in the kitchen. Put all the drinks in the refigerators. I had been dumping ice for 2 weeks plus bought some and put in the freezer. It went smooth. I drifted back and forth from the service to the kitchen. Then was sitting on the piano bench minding my own business when the preacher gets up (we're on the stage in the middle of preliminaries) and whispers in my ear ... can your ladies group sing. Well ... we just started singing last week and only have ONE song which, as I told you, we sang TWICE last Sunday. One of the girl's sons was there and I think the preacher figured he might want to hear his mom sing. I whispered back, the CD is out in the van. He said, good, and sat down. I meant ... NO! He took that as a YES! So I started motioning to my hubby that the trio was to sing by giving him the deaf sign for sing and holding up three fingers ... made sense to me ... so he'd get the CD from the van. He was running the sound and had to leave that. He misunderstood me and went to my seat to get MY CD from my bible case because he though I was going to sing track three from it. What a mess. I finally got his attention and shook my head ... violently ... and gave him the signs for sing and three fingers again and he mouthed ... what. All this is going on while the service is taking place on stage and I'm sitting on the piano bench. He's at my seat by now rummaging through my stuff looking for my CD. He finally just comes all the way up front to the piano and I had to whisper to HIM what's going on. Then to get the message to the other 2 girls without going off the stage. I got one woman's husband's attention & mouthed "get Bonnie". He did and I mouthed to her. She said no ... I said yes and that went back and forth 3 times. I told her to get the words ... looked all around and the other woman wasn't even in the auditorium. I nearly paniced. Of all things. I had to get up while they were praying over the offering ... run to the kitchen and get the other member of the trio and run back in time to play the offeratory song. So ... any of you gals think you want to be a church musician? After we finished the dinner ... cleaned up all the mess and put away the tables, we went outside and had another service before we went home. Talk about a long day. Then, found out my kids were singing at their church last night so hubby wanted to go hear them. They are sooooooo good. They really need to make a CD. Our best friends live about a mile from where our kids go to church and they went to hear them with us. We went home with them afterward & they were talking about how good the kids are. They could easily go professional if they wanted to. I wish you all could hear them ... it's my son, daughter and DIL. I was so tired when I got home, my ankle was swollen nealy double. Still hasn't gone down. It'll take me the rest of the week to recouperate but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do and take the consequeces later.