Old 09-12-2005, 09:55 PM   #1  

Default Week At A Time Challenge #12 - Come Join Us!

The object of this thread is to take on at least one challenge related to your weight loss goals for 7 days straight. Choose whatever inspires you - a certain amount of water intake, no sugar, 30 minute walks, etc.

I will award accolades for each day you maintain your goal(s), and 7 day winner awards and pounds down at the end of the week. We will begin each challenge on Monday - you can choose a new challenge or repeat any challenge for extra mileage. If you would like to stretch yourself, take on more than one challenge.

We will support each other keeping in mind to stay focussed on our successes and/or challenges of the day and week related to our weight loss. There are plenty of threads where a lot of time is spent on personal stories, so let's try to keep that to a minimum.

mscat-
All that we have is right now.
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 11:42 PM   #2  
Debi

Smile

Hi Everybody!

Well - good news from me! I lost 3 pounds this past week. Woo hoo!!

Today I completed my challenges [which are the same as last weeks].

1. Walked 25 flights of stairs.
2. Drank 5 cups of water.

Bonus: I walked about 3/4 of a mile with my friend tonight!

Hope you all have had a good day!

Love,

Debi
deborah.jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 01:05 AM   #3  

Default Accolades for Last Week!

Hi Ladies - What a goof I am - posted this on the old thread by accident! I need to go to bed. I apologize for being so late with posting last weeks kudos . . . but here we go!

Sushi - on your new goals! Welcome back and we are happy to have you check in whenever you can.

Bobbi - We are so glad you joined us - Looking forward to seeing your posts this week!

Selina - Congratulations on your article! Hope your DH is doing better.

Casper We know you will have a lot to post this week!

Me Going for 6 days this week!

Bonnie our praiyers are with you and your family

Allie for 6 days of goals met!

Debi

Let's all go for the gold this week!

mscat-
Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!
Old 09-13-2005, 10:14 AM   #4  

Default Great Start to the Week!

Go Bonnie for Monday's goals - you are starting the week out with a bang!

Debi for Monday's goals and for your 3lb loss from last week.

mscat-
Old 09-13-2005, 03:47 PM   #5  
Debi

Smile

Hi Friends!

Got both of my goals done for today so am glad about that.

Ya know, I do so much better with having measurable goals like this than to just be trying to lose weight without having a plan.

Also - just being able to have somewhere to come like this with friends here cheering you on and being able to report successes ... THAT too is what keeps me motivated and on target.

mscat, you are not a goof at all ... you're just one busy lady is all and I so appreciate all you do in keeping this thread going. Thank you so much!

Bonnie, way to go with getting your exercises in and keeping your calories down.

Please keep us posted on how things are going with your brother, okay?

I hope you're all having a good day - mine is good so far and though I hate to run, I've got to for now.

I'm dying my hair and it's time to go rinse the stuff out.

Love,

Debi
Old 09-13-2005, 05:06 PM   #6  

Bonnie, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. My own brother died two years ago from liver cancer. If I can offer one piece of advice, it's to try to spend plenty of time with him, to talk on the phone every day, to reminisce about your childhood, watch old family movies together, and build as many new memories as you have time for. He will probably still have many good moments ahead of him. I also hope for him that he will be allowed to die at home, in peace, in the company of those he loves. With medication for the pain and the anxiety at the end, it can be done, and allows for a much gentler transition than a hospital environment. (It is harder on the family, at least at the time, but as hard as it was to experience, I will always be grateful for the chance to have been there to help him.) My apologies for writing this now, as it may be too soon for you to want to think about. Stay strong.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 11:01 PM   #7  

Bonnie, I'm glad you plan to be with your brother as much as possible. You will always cherish the time together. My brother was 57, and had neglected his health (and his family) much of his life. Before he contacted me with the bad news, we had not seen each other for 25 years (long story). So our visits were bittersweet, filled with regret for all the time wasted. I was lucky that he found the courage to write when he did, and that I was able to get away to see him. (He lived in New Orleans, I'm in Canada.) But we had far too little time together, and there was too much we didn't talk about.

Rats. Now I'm getting all tearful, mainly because these memories are forever connected with the fact that my husband had unexpectedly broken our marriage into a million painful pieces about 10 weeks before I found out about my brother, and could not even find enough kindness to comfort and support me. It truly was a year marked by loss and pain. I'm much better now, but have these little flashbacks to the distress and confusion of that time.

Mscat and fellow kittycats, I don't think I'll be doing a challenge this week. I almost succeeded last week: I was supposed to stay in onederland, but was .3 lbs over. Too much fast food and eating out. So this week I'll concentrate on getting back down, and think about a challenge that will get my weight moving downwards again. My guests are elsewhere for a few days, but won't be gone for good until next Monday, which would be a good time to get serious. On Oct 7 I'm having my deviated septum corrected, which I'm quite scared about, but which should be good for a few pounds loss during the no doubt agonising recovery. And from then on I'll be able to BREATHE THROUGH BOTH NOSTRILS!!!!

Ciao, bellas! (not sure if that's the correct plural for bella...)
Old 09-14-2005, 09:02 AM   #8  

Default Wedneday Morning Greetings

Dear Friends - I was touched by the out pouring of caring for Bonnie. How much alike we all are. I too lost a brother years ago at age 43 to a brain aneurism. In light of recent events and sharing of our losses I thought this message from the daily motivator was appropriate.

Treasure in each day

Some days you'll become weary. When that happens, rest for a while, but not too long, and then get back on track with a renewed sense of purpose.

Some days you'll become satisfied with what you've accomplished. Be careful not to let that stop you. Remember to continue building on what you've already created. After all, the greatest achievement means very little if it is not put to use.

Some days the turn of life's events will bring you sadness. When those days come, take comfort in knowing that your sadness is possible only because you care so very much.

Some days will be frustrating and filled with disappointment. Take the opportunity to learn from those days, and know that you're making progress even if it doesn't seem so at the moment.

Some days will be truly joyful. Dive deeply into those days and let yourself experience them fully so that their positive value will always be with you.

Each day, no matter what its flavor may be, contains a treasure that will add real and lasting value to your life. Give your best to each day, and that treasure will steadily grow.

Let's treasure the memories of those who have passed, treasure the presence of those who are with us now and treasure the gift of each moment we have to make a difference in our lives.

Have a great day! mscat-
Old 09-14-2005, 12:53 PM   #9  
Debi

Smile

Hi Friends!

Well - I have both of today's goals completed and am happy about that.

Last night I took another walk with my friend [a little farther this time] and think we did a total of over 1 mile.

Oh Bonnie, I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I hope that you'll be able to spend a lot of time with him now ... I wish I knew more to say to help make you feel better but during times like this - I'm one that is always at a loss for the proper words.

Just please know that we love you and care and that we are here for you, okay?

Carla and mscat, I am so sorry for your losses too.

Carla, I think you're doing wonderful especially with having so much going on [company, etc.] Keep it up and know too that we are here for you and will be here for you too during your upcoming surgery.

mscat, that was a wonderful message you posted today. Thank you!!

Love you all lots,

Debi
Old 09-14-2005, 07:39 PM   #10  

Back in onederland! It was just a one-day blip after all. The tough part is getting back on the weight-loss bandwagon. I think I'm taking this week off, at least until the company is gone for good.

Bonnie, thanks for your kind words. Life really is a b****h sometimes, isn't it!

I'm not at my best right now - just want to burrow in and keep to my chubby self. I'll resume proper posting soon!
Old 09-14-2005, 11:59 PM   #11  

Default Wednesday Night Sign Off!

Well ladies I am off tomorrow to Chicago with my family. We are going to see Wicked Thursday night - I am soooo excited! Then Friday, DD will begin her forum at 9:00 and DH and I will meet up with friends for lunch and a day in Chicago. I am not sure how much internet access I will have so I may not be able to post reguarly until Sunday evening. Will try my best even if I have to go to an internet cafe.

Kudos go to . . .

Debi for Tuesday' and Wednesay's goals! You are great at being accounable.

Bonnie for Tuesday's goals! We are here for you
carla - for pounds down to onderland again. Hope you enjoy your breeak from goal land.

Good luck on Thursday!

mscat-
Old 09-15-2005, 11:18 AM   #12  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Hi everyone! Sorry I'm hardly here. Sorry about all the sad losses many of you have had. I feel lucky that so far mostly only older relatives have been passing on. I don't look forward to my parents and anyone else going. Hope your days are brighter this year.

Looks like you are all staying very active and that's so cool! Me too! This is the 7th day I'll hit my 10,000 steps (or about 4.5 miles). (So if we consider Monday, day 1, then I'm on day 4, so far so good!) I walk about 6000 in the morning at once and finish the rest out all day long. So far so good, lost a couple pounds this week. Can't wait to get back in Onederland.. I hope to never leave it either! Have a great week!

PS Get this.. I might be starting on Monday getting up at 4:45 am and going to the gym til 6:25 am so that I can be back when my DH leaves for work. LOL. I have to do something and I'm not taking two toddlers and two babies to the gym every day! (two go to school) Soooo, wish me good determination, I'll need it. I bought a size 14 dress to wear at Easter, $60 reg., but it was a great sale at Torrid, lol, got it for $10.00.. hee hee. Love that. Actually I got 274.00 worth of cute clothes sizes 18 to 14 for 51.00. Ok, gotta go! bye!!
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 06:53 PM   #13  
Debi

Smile

Carla, just wanted ya to know that we'll be here waiting for you and can't wait till you get back to being able to post every day.

mscat, oooh it sounds like you're gonna have a wonderful time - I can tell how excited you are.

Thank you for the kudos [you sure do know how to make a gal feel good! ]

We're going to miss you but will see ya [oops - I mean "talk" to ya when ya get home. ]

Have a good time and a safe trip!

I hate to sound stupid but ... what is Onederland? I've seen it on several posts but have no idea what is meant by it? Just curious.

Wow Bonnie ... it sounds like you're doing really well. You've got the exercise part down and as for the calories ... you were close on those too! Keep up the good work!!

Selena, that is awesome that you are on your 7th day of 10,000 steps!

Keep up what you've been doing [you CAN do it!!] And, I can't say as I blame you for not taking 2 toddlers and 2 babies to the gym ... I don't think that'd work out too good anyways.

You got a wonderful deal on your clothes! I need new clothes so bad but am determined NOT to buy any until I lose more weight.

And when I say I need new clothes - trust me, I kid you not. *lol*

All I have is shorts, t-shirts and one pair of sweat pants ... that's it. No old jeans, no dress clothes - what I listed is all I have to wear.

I know I need some but that'll come when I get down to where I either "have" to buy them 'cuz everything else is too big to wear - or it'll be when I lose all of my weight and I "want" to buy them 'cuz they're smaller and cute.

Got my goals done for today but just now posting it.

1. Walked down 25 flights of stairs.

2. Drank 5 cups of water

Hope you're all having a good day [evening] ... See ya tomorrow!

Love,

Debi

Last edited by deborah.jennelle; 09-15-2005 at 06:56 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:59 PM   #14  

Onederland is weight in the hundreds. As in 199.9 (this morning's weigh-in...). The bag of sickeningly sweet cookies I had for dinner will push me back out of onederland, I'm afraid. Right now is a bit of an off period for me. No patience, flying off the handle for no reason, anxiety attacks... I'd probably do so much better if I went back to eating veg and protein, and skipped the caffeine and cookies and wine. So tomorrow I intend to get some extra exercise and eat well and get off my pity party and do that onederful onederland thing forever.

I'm still not up for individual messages. Sorry. Soon life will get back to normal, I'll stop sulking, and become my incredibly witty self again.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:09 AM   #15  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hello ladies

Here I am on Friday evening, devastated after stepping on the scale (144...)...

Here is how I'm doing on my Weekly Challenge:
- bed before 9:30 pm --> Mon & Tue okay, Wed & Thur went to bed much later
- 1.5 liters of water before 6 pm --> missed on Wednesday, other days ok
- no food after 7 pm --> missed 1 day

It's a bit touch for me here right now. I'm staying in someone else's house in a small village, so no gym and less control over what and when I eat. It's very hard to get exercise - cold, rainy, windy weather do not make it any easier. All I can do is walks, but my boyfriend is not always in the mood, and I don't want to go by myself. I'm working on my determination, want to make myself skip rope in the garage. And perhaps I'll borrow someone's bike and try to go riding in those hills around here.

Talk to you all later

Sushi
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote