Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2001, 10:08 PM   #1  
Parrothead

Hello everyone! Glad to be back. So much going on here, I'm going to have to catch up later. NYC was OK except for the blizzard I had to walk through without any winter clothes (we don't really need them here in TX). The conference went well, however technology conferences are usually a lot of talking and standing. I don't think I lost or gained this week. I'll find out tuesday I guess. All of the walking and standing I think helped me to maintain. I wasn't too bad with food. The only problem was that I had to scarf down my lunches and we usually ate dinner late. Oh well, I'm going to really concentrate OP after my next WI. Hopefully next time I'll have a nice loss like many of you have been having. Well, I need to get back to work. I have a ton of catching up to do because of the conference. Keep your fingers crossed that my company gets the funding sealed this week, otherwise I'll be back pounding the pavement!

Talk to you all later!
Kay

[This message has been edited by TxAggie (edited 02-26-2001).]
Old 02-26-2001, 10:35 PM   #2  

Good morning all!

Kay ~ Glad to hear your trip was a success. I am a computer trainer for a college, and I understand about the technology conferences, lots of listening!

Well, as for me, I didn't have a great weekend eating wise, but am starting a-new today. I am staying OP this week, and working out every day. I hope to lose this coming Sat. I did maintain on Sat's WI, so that is good. But, didn't drink my water last week. So, I have to do it this week. I was doing a little window shopping this weekend, and the stores all have their summer clothes out, I really need to continue toning to look good in those shorts and tank tops!!! Now, if I could do something about my lily-white legs!!!

Well, better get back to work. I will check in later!

------------------
Tonya
170/134/140(WW)/132(personal)
Old 02-26-2001, 10:35 PM   #3  
Eve's Mom

Hi Kay! and the rest of you girls!

kay - glad your weekend went okay
Ali - woo hoo on your new decade.

I am going to see BNL on Wednesday over here - when in was in Jr. High they played the university and I got to dance with them after at the local pub - that was before they were famous and before I was of age...it was fun though!!

Well, I had a great birthday weekend - went for Moroccan food and to see Camelot on Friday with b/f, who is being much better now that I have given him some of his own medicine.....then on saturday we went shopping and to dinner with my family and then bowling with a bunch of friends, which was fun, and then yesterday we went to see chocolate, and went back to his place where he had set up a romantic evening -with candles and pillows inthe living room, bailey's and coffee and movies...it was sweet - he said that was for messing up v-day.

So I guess I will give him another chance, but i am more guarded this time,and really watching it. and the best part is I feel really good about myself.

Tonite he wanted to hang out and I said no, I am going to the gym - that foreign place...and going to do laundry and have a nice bath tonite. Belle-time. So I would see him tomorrow...he was a bit quiet, but what can he say?

BTW - I have been with him since Wednesday night and no calls from the ex and he hasn't called her - this is good....

Belle
Old 02-26-2001, 10:49 PM   #4  

Belle ~

I am so glad you are standing up for yourself. Men don't like to be smothered. So, for you to tell him "no, I am busy tonight", probably makes him want you more. Just remember, if it is meant to be, it will work out. Always put yourself first though!

Take care!

------------------
Tonya
Old 02-26-2001, 11:54 PM   #5  
Eve's Mom

hey T! Yeah, I know what you mean, and I guess I realized that I was feeling slightly smothered too -I miss going home and having more time to myself to workout takemy dogs for a walk, that sort of thing. So I suppose I needed my space too - of course, its awesome that we had a nice few days with no mood swings or anything like that....

You know, I haven't been able to WI lately at all b/c of my new job and too busy life - I have decided that I'll go on my lunchour - there is a mtg downtown here every day at lunch - so if I have to work through lunch on one day, I have not real excuse for not going on another day...I feel really bad and need to get it together - at least I have been doing some tracking, but if I am going to be very very honest....the past 4 days have been HORRIBLE eating wise and very little exercise- I don't think bowling counts too much!!

BUT I have to walk to my car now - and it takes about 15-20 min each way - so that will add a few "steps" to my day.....

I think I'll try to sneak out this lunch hour to WI so I can see what teh damage is and move on!!!

ARGH!! That's scarey, its almost time now...

Now the inner fight begins, to go or put it off to tomorrow....

YIKES!

BElle....
Old 02-26-2001, 11:58 PM   #6  
Eve's Mom

And no matter how bad it is, I am going to change my signature, so I can face the music and use it as motivation to get my act together!!!

It's all part of the plan.....

Belle
Old 02-27-2001, 12:34 AM   #7  
Parrothead

Hello again!
Belle - good luck at WI. I'm not looking forward to mine this week. I hope I have as much resolve as you do! As far as the b/f stuff goes the best advice I have is to continue on with what you are doing. You sound like you know what you want in a relationship and are willing to put forth the effort to find it. I know its hard sometimes, but it all gets better in time. I went through situations similar to yours and my end result was a wonderful husband. All of the trials and heartaches of dating and b/fs made me realize what I wanted. Don't get me wrong, men are weird and different creatures most of the time, but they add a lot of joy if you find the right one. My challenge now is figuring out how to manage my little day-to-day difficulties of being married. I never knew how hard it is to live with a man . I also have never seen so much laundry in my life LOL!

It sounds like the weekend was fun. Mine was OK. Mostly cleaning, sorting mail, and laundry. I just don't understand why DH was so good about cleaning up after himself when we didn't live together. I guess that is one great mystery we will never solve! We also went around Austin looking at open houses. We are in no hurry to buy, but we wanted to get a jump on it and at least pick out an area to concentrate on. I'm just hoping the prices go down a bit before we really need a house. We found one good area so far, but there are only 3 houses for sale. None are in our price range, though (go figure).

Tonya - What kind of training do you do? That is a part of my job as well!

I need to get going. Our company has flag football practice tonight and I happened to volunteer. Trying to earn those activity points! I just hope I don't injure anything .

Talk to ya'll soon
Kay
Old 02-27-2001, 01:02 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

HAppy Monday
ok so more like Stressful monday
belle you have great bf management skills I could use some then again a bf to go along with it would be nice too
Kay that was a horrrrible snow storm I live in nj and believe me it was a pain but ny is fun even subzero
tonya 2 words self tanning cream ok so thats three words but im burnt out and its only MONDAY
friday we had a party for my roomies bf too much partaking of alcohol although i did only have a piece of pizza
Saturday was girls night so i made everyone bacon and eggs for dinner and we watched election
Sunday i was sick from all the grease i ate and ate almost nothing but did hit the grocery for some healthy food so im back Op today and thats my goal to not give in to temptation this week
Oooh and i met some ppl in my building who are doing WW locally and i gave one girl my # sooo maybe i will get to a meeting and get a *gulp* real weigh in
Kierie
Old 02-27-2001, 01:07 AM   #9  

Kay ~

I train faculty, staff and students on all supported software on campus. Everything from Office Suites to Adobe Photoshop. But, for the last year, my main focus has been supporting our Database Administrator with PeopleSoft. It is our database system that houses all of our student information. So, my life has been SQL and Oracle. Can you say "fun"??!!!

How about you?

------------------
Tonya
Old 02-27-2001, 01:07 AM   #10  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Hey everyone! I'm around, but really busy. I'm trying to close four loans before the end of the month. YIKES!! I just wish stress could count as activity points.
I went to the gym on Saturday and we're going tonight, too! I really look forward to it now. *gasp* Did I just say that? I used to dread the gym b/c I'd get burned out on the excercise bike. Now, I walk 20 minutes at work (during lunch) and I focus on weights and weight machines at the gym on the days I don't walk. I guess the only way to get the excercise in is to fool myself. It doesn't even seem like excercise! Just getting away from my desk.
Well, I have to finish my sandwich and this loan file...in that order! Priorities!
Belle: I hope your WI went well!!
Kay: Welcome back!! I think snow is pretty, but I'm a cold weinie!
Tonya: I understand about the water. I'm so neglegient (sp?) on the weekends! Too bad this isn't geared for 5 days on, 2 days off.
Well, I must get to work. Have a great day and hopefully I'll be back.

------------------
Stacey
235.7/185/160
Old 02-27-2001, 01:24 AM   #11  
Running Babe

Argh, the DQs are beginning to reopen. I will live. I like the 1 point fudge bars so hopefully I'll be okay.

I went out three nights in a row which is becoming a rarity for me. I went to the gym and stayed in last night so that was nice. I also bowled this weekend and was happy to have a game over 100.

Wheee, it's now my week off, so I have to start working hard on papers and being bitter about people who're traveling to somewhere hot.

I am checking out the professional school I'm applying to on Thursday and then going to have lunch at red lobster. Thanks to dottis site I should be okay.

Hello to everyone, I'm off to hang with a friend I never see so take care!

Ali

243.4/166.2/155
Old 02-27-2001, 01:28 AM   #12  

Hey everyone. Well I went o WI on Saturday night and lost 1 pound. that was ok. It would have helped if I hadn't eaten at the hockey game the night before but at least I lost. I ate way over on Saturday but yesterday was only 3 over. today is going ok so far. I ate leftovers from Saturday's yummy dinner - probably too many points but it's all gone now so I am not worried about it anymore. Overall the weekend was fun though. DH and I went to lunch on Saturday and I got salad bar and ate 1/2 grilled chicken sandwich at Ruby Tuesday's, very WW friendly. then we went home and hung 1 set of living room curtains. I like the way it looks. That night I went to dinner with college friends at Dave and Busters, like Chucky Cheese for grown-ups. We didn't play games though, just ate. Yesterday we hung more curtains (one set left for this week) and I got ambitious and cooked. I made 0 point veggie soup and then meatloaf (3/4 ground turkey, 1/4 beef), mashed potatoes and broccoli for dinner! Dh was very impressed and it was yummy I also made snickers pie for dessert - only 3 points and super good. All in all I am pleased.

Belle - I am so excited that you are taking control of the relationship and standing up for yourself and what you want and desreve. Good for you. I am glad that bf is responding well too. you have a great attitude about WI. You sound a lot more positive in general and I am very happy for you.

Tonya - I am sure that you will have a loss if you get all your water. I really think it helps too. Luckily at my gym, no one notices my white legs.

Kay - I'm glad that you made it back to TX for the warmer weather after the blizzard. sounds like you did pretty well foodwise. Good luck at WI.

Kierrie - Sorry you are stressed. Sounds like you had a fun weekend. Don't worry about drinking too much, at least you only had 1 slive of pizza.

Stacey - So busy! I have often felt like 5 days OP and 2 days off should be enough but I was only fooling myself. that is when I lose control and gain. It would be nice though, wouldn't it?

Hi to Brenda, Lolly, Kirsten, Ali, Shaylene, Julie, Jen and everyone. Have a great afternoon.

Sarah
194.4/167.6/153WW
Old 02-27-2001, 01:51 AM   #13  
Eve's Mom

Hi Girls

Ali - I bowled the big 88 saturday and thougth I was pretty cool - over 100 rocks! it was my first time 10 pin bowling - its harder than 5 pin!

SArah - that sounds like fun - the chucky cheese for grown ups!

Well, I bit the bullet - and got two brisk 15 min walks out of it. I went to the meeting. And the leader was the same as myold Thursday afternoon meetings in the north! How weird is that? Well, I was up one pound exactly, and I start TOM tomorrow, so she said it wasn't too bad at all....I was lucky!!

Well, that puts me at about 26 down now...not nearly as good,but hey, I am back baby!!!

I changed the dreaded signature.

Brenda - just got your e-card! Thanks!!

Well, I better get some work done....

Belle

------------------
SW-244.4/CW-218.6/next 10% 199 (Mexico Goal, Aug 2001 = 180-185)/final goal 165
Old 02-27-2001, 02:45 AM   #14  
A Yankee in Virginia

This week sucks.

Sorry, there's no other way to say it.My b/f's grandmother is in the hospital with pneumonia and she may not make it through this week. She has Alzheimer's and has a "do not resuscitate" order. B/f left this morning to drive the 5 hours to go spend some time with her. Oh, and on Thursday, I have to cover an execution. I've never been to one before, and I'm scared and really very nervous about it. I'm almost wishing I didn't agree to go. But as a cops reporter, I thought it was something I should go to.

As if that wasn't enough, I've been eating nonstop and I know I gained weight over the weekend. I'm back on track today, but I feel the damage is done. I might not go to WI on Wednesday just so I can get back into the swing of things. I don't even know when I'll get to go to the gym! Tonight, I'm supposed to go to shopping for party supplies for the awards banquet Saturday, although there's a chance I won't even be going depending on Brian's grandmother.

And it's only Monday.

Hi to everyone, though. Belle, sounds like things are going great. You gave him the wake-up call he needed!

Well, I need to get back to work.

------------------
Kim
206.8/184.4/130
Florida goal (March 23): 172
"The (wo)man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones." -- Chinese Proverb
Old 02-27-2001, 02:46 AM   #15  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hi everyone. Well, I am back at it. Emma is doing much better. On Thursday we rushed her to the doctor and she gave me a panic attack. She was coughing and weezing. At the doctor she started to choke on her flem and I panicked. 2 doctors and about 3 nurses came running and that freaked me out more. But she was OK! It is so hard to watch a 4 month old baby go through that. She picked this bug up from daycare, and as of today 2 babies are out because of RSV... BUT, Emma did not get that. I think we caught it before it got too bad. I am so thankful!!

As for me, WI was Saturday and I was down 1.4!! yah for me! TOM started and dealing with Emma being sick, I was sure I had gained.. but I didn't. Chalk one up for me!!

Belle... Give the guy so much room he doesn't know what to do with himself! That is the true test of whether he is really in for the long haul! I am proud of you! And, only 1 pound up is so great... especially since you haven't been OP much lately! I know I would be up much higher!!! GOOD JOB!! You must be doing something right!!

CONGRATS to all the other losers too!!!!

Kay... I am with you on the laundry... and it only gets worse. My hubby goes through more laundry than I do... I can't believe it! No wonder he had his mom do it before we met! And now with Emma.... it is amazing. I am doing laundry almost every night! I used to like it, now it is a chore!!

Ali... I am not a huge DQ fan, but we have Culvers here which has frozen custard. That stuff is so bad for you, but I love it!!!! I didn't know DQ had a 1 point treat! I should check that out!

Well, I better get back to work. It is 3:00 here and I can't believe the day has flown by. I feel like I have gotten nothing done, but I have been working so hard all day! I hate that!

have a great day!

Jen
235.8/228/165

Closed Thread