Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2001, 08:59 AM   #1  

Default Escape Your Shape

Can anyone tell me the exercises for someone who is a spoon shape (I think that is the proper term from this book)?

Thanks
Old 08-17-2001, 02:07 PM   #2  

Angry

What does spoon shape mean?

I would first suggest seeing your doctor to make sure it is okay for you to exercise.

If it is, start out with walking and weight lifting.

Do you belong to a gym? or do you want to exercise at home?

I think you should find one main cardio exercise that you love and do that most. For example, I love step aerobics and take 3 classes a week but I also take kickboxing.

Take care. Sherry
Old 08-17-2001, 05:37 PM   #3  

Prettynpink,
I've read this book. For Spoon shape you need to do cardio but at a lower resistance (no step) so you won't build muscles in your legs making them even bigger and you need to use weights for the upper body to balance out your whole body. In the informerical he used an example for the spoon shape saying that if you ride let's say a stationary bike put it on a lower resistance but go at a faster pace. In the book he really pushes using the jump rope for cardio. I'm sorry but that's just too hard on my knees to use for a cardio routine. Anyway he has some sound advice but if you increase cardio and strength training you will get good results with or without his program. Good luck.

Old 08-22-2001, 02:25 PM   #4  
Halloween Girl!

Talking Spoon Shape

You can also get his book "HOLD IT! You're exercising wrong!" on half.com

It carries the entire exercise regimen from the "Escape Your Shape" program. Originally it was about $11.95. On Half.com you should pay considerably less.

I, too, have problems with my knees (I'm an hourglass with most of the sand in the bottom ) and the book I had let me use a bicycle instead of the jump rope.

Good luck to you!

Claire
Closed Thread