Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2001, 07:54 PM   #1  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Default Fabulous Forties #68

Just back from my WI. I lost .8, which is less than I hoped for but still not a bad loss. I am just 1.6 lbs. away from my 10 percent.
Old 08-16-2001, 01:01 AM   #2  

Congrats Myra! You are losing well every week. You will get your 10% next week. You will see. Lookin' good!
Terri
Old 08-16-2001, 11:54 AM   #3  

Myra,

Congratulations, You are doing wonderfully. Keep up the good work! I was bad last night I went out to dinner with my family and made a pig of myself. I am such a sucker for pasta. Oh well, today is another day. OP!

My folks arrive tomorrow night. Wish me luck.

-JanieD
Livermore, CA
Old 08-16-2001, 12:37 PM   #4  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Myra and Janie...... good going on the losses! You guys are doing great.

Terri...... yes, we're happy about the Cubbies; Sammy is awesome. I hope for the sake of all the "die hard" fans that they make it to the Series this year. It's been fun watching them this year!

POOL'S UP!!! My yard looks like a war zone, but we've got a pool. Of course it's raining and 60 degrees today but the weekend looks promising. Now we've got lots more gardening to do. But I'm not complaining.

Where are Essie and Dianne? I know that Anita dropped by the wayside; I hate to see this group growing smaller.

I check in each day to see how everyone's doing, but I'm not proud to say that I've not been OP. However, after meeting such nice people here (since August of 99), I hate to stop coming. I know I'll get motivated again, just hope it's soon.

Joyce....... how are you? Our garden is bountiful! So happy to have red tomatoes; I could eat bruschetta every day . I imagine you're busy w/yours.

Have a good day everyone

~Jen
Old 08-16-2001, 01:07 PM   #5  

Jen,
DON'T LEAVE! Patti isn't here either. I wish everyone would stay. That is a sure fire way everyone would go back to being motivated. I know this is HARD but we can do it even if it is eventually.

You are right JanieD. Tomorrow is another day. We will always have to pig out a little sometime.

GO CUBBIES!
Terri
Old 08-16-2001, 01:17 PM   #6  
Lifetimer

Don't leave! I might be doing well now, but I was floundering for three to four years!!!!!!!!! If I gave up then I wouldn't be where I am now and this board has definitely helped me stay focused amid extreme frustration.
Old 08-16-2001, 03:07 PM   #7  

Jen,

Please don't leave, I just got here. You'll give me a complex . I would hate to loose you as a friend just as I'm getting to know you.

Chin up girl!!!!

JanieD
Livemore, CA
Old 08-16-2001, 07:35 PM   #8  

Hi everyone

Congrats Myra & Janie on the losses.

My WI was Tues. I lost 1.4 pounds.

Jen, Jen, Jen .... don't stop coming just because your not OP. I am on a roller coaster myself. I do really well and then I do really bad You are an uplifting encouraging person. We all need your input. Like Myra said we have all been where you are now. Just don't give up and leave us. Garden - hah!!! Once it hits August in Texas our garden is through. Just the opposite of you'll up north just getting going. It just gets too hot here in the summer. We plant early around Feb-Apr. This time of year we are inside just trying to stay as cool as possible. Your pool sounds nice.

Not much going on here other than trying to stay cool. My daughter & I are going to get our hair cut tomorrow and have another girls day out. Then Saturday they have a Shrimp festival at UTSA in San Antonio and Charles & I are planning on going. There will be live music and all the shrimp you can eat. Surely boiled/broiled shrimp wont blow my diet too bad.

Sure was slow here this weekend. Hope everyone had fun. I'll check in later. Have a great evening.
Joyce
Old 08-16-2001, 07:35 PM   #9  

Hey points,

Just wanted to say hi. It's been a long time since I posted on these board----medical problems, but just lurking around to see if I still recognized anyone. Sounds like you are doing good.

peach
Old 08-17-2001, 12:10 AM   #10  

Hi Georgia Peach.

Is everything ok.?

How was your daughter's wedding last year?

I miss your posts. I loved reading about the preparations of the Big day!
Thanks for saying hi!

Joyce,
Congrats on your loss. That is wonderful. You are so right. We have all been there.

Hi Myra, Jen, Essie, Dianne and JanieD.
Terri
Old 08-17-2001, 09:20 AM   #11  

Hey points:

Great to hear from you. Have had a rough few months but I'm ......baaaaaaaaaackkkkkkk. I did gain back all 45lbs and then some. HRT is a killer for weight. After my surgery it took my gyno 5 months to get it semi-regulated. All that time I was up, up, up with the weight gain ( gained 16 pounds in 10 days) even thought I stayed OP and journaled every BLT. For the last 2 months I "think" things are settled and I am gradually on my way back down....lost 19 of those pounds again....I am also able to get off my rear and exercise again which makes a tremendous difference for me. I usually walk 4 miles in the AM (6:00) and then 2-3 more in the evening. I can tell a real difference with my clothes now. SO......hopefully I am back on track.

My daughter's wedding was toooooooo beautiful. She made a beautiful bride. I really miss her not being here every day. She seems to be very happy. For my little couch potato daughter she has turned into Betsy Homemaker....Martha Stewart watch out!!! LOL

Well got to go. Maybe we can chat more later.

Pat
Old 08-17-2001, 09:40 AM   #12  

Pat,
I am so glad things are getting back to normal. That must have been so frustrating. I have all the faith in the world that you will get it all off again. 19 pounds is a great start.
I hope everything is ok now. You are a great leader. You are always so positive and easy to talk to. Good luck to you and stick around. You are going to get it all off again. I just know it!
You have the oomph to do just that!
Talk to you again soon.
Terri
Old 08-17-2001, 09:43 AM   #13  
Lifetimer

Pat,
Welcome back. Hang in there. I was going some "female" problems too for the past year or so and many other stresses and got up to my highest weight ever. But since May I've been really centered and have lost nearly 16.5 pounds in that time. The support from this group has definitely helped me stay in control. I hope you continue to post here. Also we have a journal thread going if you want to post your journal daily with us. It has really helped me be accountable.

Good luck to you!
Old 08-17-2001, 11:01 AM   #14  

Talking Remember me? LOL

Helllllllllllllo my buddies

Do you guys remember me? So sorry I haven't been around lately. I'm just so busy with all this college preparation stuff Alana is leaving next Wednesday ! You can imagine everything that has to be done. All the paperwork and then we had to do the "dorm shopping". That was actually so much fun, I almost forgot the reason we were shopping Anyway, I'm back!

We are having a barbecue "farewell" party for Alana at her sister's house this Sunday. Not sure if I'm ready for that, lol. Hope it doesn't rain.
Then on Wednesday, Willie and I will drive her and all her "stuff" up to Binghamton. We are staying in a hotel overnight and will spend some time with her on Thursday, make sure she's all settled in her room, etc. And thennnnnnnnnnnnnnn.........its bye-bye and I'm sure I will cry all the way home. Willie will have to slap me so I can "snap out of it" like Cher says in the movie Moonstruck!

You all seem to be doing so well - that's great! Keep up the good work!

Jen - I think you and I are in the same boat as far as not being totally on program. I'm up and down, up and down, but that's okay. This is life, not something we have to do for a week! There are times when I'm sooooooo motivated and then there are times when I honestly say "the **** with this"! I'm gonna eat whatever I want We will go through those periods all our lives, I'm sure. But I have to tell you that if you leave this group, I will be "so-so sad" as my grandson Joseph says all the time. Don't you dare leave us!

I hope Essie and Zoe/Patti and Anita come back soon as well. You guys are all great and I would miss each and every one of you if this group went by the wayside. Soooooooo, after having written this novel (I have diarrhea of the mouth, lol), I will try and come say hi as much as possible, but will be busy for the next week or so. After Alana leaves, you guys will quickly get sick of my whining, and will probably throw me out!

Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 08-17-2001, 11:14 AM   #15  
Lifetimer

Glad to hear from you Dianne. Please try to find a few minutes to post.
Closed Thread