Old 09-11-2005, 06:48 PM   #1  
"Love Me Some Me"

S/C/G: H:267 C: see ticker G:150ish

Height: 5'4

Default Grossed out Again.

Hello, All. Just checking in and fishing for opinions or other points of view. Ok, It has been a little more than a month since I started this get healthy and lose weight lifestyle. Well, I have been eating tons of tilaplia, tuna, salads, sweet potatoes, squash, green beans, etc. and drinking tons of water. This weekend, the hubby and I dec'd that we would go ahead and give the workouts a rest on Sat. and Sun. So, Sat. we went ahead and had a "cheat" day. I purchased white portion chicken fajita meat, ww tortillas, ff sour cream, fresh avocado, and salsa. I made the fajitas with my regular cooking spray and no extra fat added. Long and short . . . they tasted heavenly. I thought wonderful! We didn't really cheat even though it felt like it and I enjoyed the food. But, this AM I woke up w/ what my best friend calls "the Gastric Bubblies". I didn't have gastric but, she did. And she uses this term to describe what happens to her GI system after she eats something that it restricted from her diet or that her body doesn't like. Whew!

So, now I am just going to stick w/ eating my clean unprocessed foods. The only think that I can think of is that the fajita meat was processed (seasoned and manipulated in a factory) and the ff sour cream was not my lemon juice or herbs. The rest? I don't know. But, I will say that my taste buds are changing and I am starting to crave veggies and fish. What do you guys think? Has this happened to any of you. I know I wouldn't dare try the full fat versions of my favorites in restraunts. But, I thought by making the food at home - I would get better results. What do you guys do to get around the bubblies?

On another note, my hubby states that he is now "a little" tired of fish and would like to have bl/sl chicken at least 3 times per week (in addition to the fish). Its fine, we just have always depended on turkey and chicken and the fish was just different. So, now we are going to mix it up again.

That is it on the food front. More about excercise in a moment. J
jenhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 08:22 AM   #2  
One pound at a time...

I used to have that issue with the "Gastric Bubblies" (great description btw) when I was eating very fatty foods, and/or would be full before I would go to bed. Especially if I was full. I would sleep horribly and would be a wreck the next day. Ever since going on a "natural" diet, that issue has gone away, as well as not going to bed full has made a huge difference. I really do believe that our bodies process different foods in different ways depending on what is in the food. Take for example to fajita meal that you made . If you had gone out to a restaurant, it would have high in sodium, the chicken would have been done in oil, not too mention the regular sour cream, and regular cheese. You did all the right things. It is possible that the chicken you had was processed in some way. I know we can buy in Canada "free range" which are not supposed to have any kind of processing. Maybe give that a shot and see how it works.
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote