Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2001, 08:02 PM   #1  

Default new Thursday chatters

I was having trouble getting the other one loaded so I thought I'd start a new Thursday chatters! Hope that's OK with everyone.

I just got back from my classroom. It takes me so long to get my room ready. I went through more posters tonight, organized my poster boxes and labeled them so I know what is in each one (it only took me 24 years to get smart!), moved desks around trying to decide how I want the room. Having the extra adult desk and a bookshelf for the interpreter really takes up a lot of room, so I'm trying to get it arranged so the kids aren't right on top of either one of us.

I have 20 students, but 26 student desks. I can't put them in storage anywhere because they would come up missing! I'm still considering bringing them to my house and putting them in the loft in our big garage out back. Haven't approached Bob about that though!

Read some more of the Weigh Down Workshop book last night. A friend of mine (Carol) is going to borrow the tapes. She's going to start doing it also. She lost about 20-25 pounds last year, and has been at a standstill. Ready to get back on a roll with the new school year.

Tim and Bob are meeting with a Merit Badge Counselor for Boy Scouts tonight. In the next 2 weeks, we want him to get as much done on his Environmental Science badge that he can. We know once school begins, he'll be busy with other things (silly things like homework! LOL).

I think I've typed enough for now. Take care everyone!!
Old 08-13-2001, 11:07 PM   #2  
Thursday Lady

Hi All,
It's been terrible today. I haven't been able to get online because Larry had everything down. We have DSL now and are changing over to its stuff. (Doesn't that sound scientific! )

I've been below points today. Yea! I'll weigh in with Larry tomorrow night. Wish me luck.

Tammy, it sounds like you got lots done today.

Laura, how do you feel??

I've been sneezing this evening & feel my sore throat coming back. Think I'll have some hot tea and go to bed.

Tina
Old 08-14-2001, 07:15 PM   #3  

Hi everyone, I joined WW on Jan 18th. I just found 3FC. I have a GREAT leader. Have been doing very well. Wish I had known about this site earlier in my weight lose days. Started out at 176 with WW and 181 on Jan 2 so I lost some before I joined. I am now down to 142.8 my goal is 124 I want to get into my wedding dress for my 30th Anniversary. It is not until Oct 21, 2002 so I know I will do it. The hard part will be maintaining it. I wish everyone great success on Thursday. I go to the 5:30pm meeting if my daycare kids are picked up early or the 7:00pm if not. I have 5 kids in my daycare. 8 weeks, 1 year, 1 1/2, 2, and 4. I enjoy sewing, scrap booking, machine embroidering and tole painting. (when I can find time) haha. Talk to you on Thursday. Nola
Old 08-14-2001, 09:32 PM   #4  
Susan

Howdy all,

Well, one more day and counting!!! School starts on Thursday. It will be back to packing my lunch. I'm thinking about getting a larger lunch bag or small cooler so I can pack several bottles of water.

Tammy, I know how you feel!! I have collected so much stuff, some I don't even use anymore. Remember my degree is in deaf ed. if you need help. Let me know. Make sure your hearing impaired student is in the front of the class.

Tina, hope you get to feeling better soon. Is it allergies?

Nodie, welcome to the group. This is a great group of people and very supportive!!

I'm weighing in tomorrow. Hopefully the scale will be nice to me. I would just like to be down. I don't even care how much, but just a little. I'll let you guys know how I do.

Good luck with your weigh ins.

Susan
Old 08-15-2001, 02:49 PM   #5  
Thursday Lady

Nola,
Welcome to the group. Wow, you've lost so much. That's great. With your busy life, I don't see how you find time to sew, scrapbook, etc. By the way, What kind of sewing machine do you have? I'm in the market for a new one that also embroidries. Again Welcome!!!!

Susan, I wish you luck tomorrow. Do you get butterflies in your stomach like you were the one going back to school?

I relaxed all day yesterday. It was nice taking it easy. I'm just home from work now and need a nap.

Oh Susan, Larry and I are going to San Antonio this Fri. & Sat. We're taking a quick getaway. We'll be staying at a Courtyard by Marriott. I'll eat some salad at the Barn Door for you.

Tammy, have you figured out what to do with the extra desks at school?

Where are our other friends????? Please post.

Tina
134 personal goal
Old 08-15-2001, 09:07 PM   #6  
Susan

I'm jealous Tina!!!! So happy for you!! Make sure that you have their house dressing. It is my favorite. Have a blast!!!! You deserve it!!

I do get nervous about going back. It is truly like being the one going back to school. I don't sleep good and am real restless. I'll be that way on the night before the kids come back too. Silly isn't it!!

Well, weigh in wasn't good again. Up 1.2 I asked for the Breaking Through booklet for plateaus. Maybe going back to school and having to take my sack lunch will help. I got a cool thermal cooler for my lunch sack. Big enough that I can take lots of water.

Have a great day and weigh in. Hope you have better luck than I did.

Susan
Old 08-15-2001, 10:42 PM   #7  

Welcome to the group Nola! Great bunch for encouragement and just to chat!

I haven't figured out what to do with the desks yet. Thought today about setting up a learning center for map skills, and I could use them there.

I have never heard of the Barn Door. I think I must be missing something!

Susan, this is my 25th year and I know I won't sleep the night before school starts. I can't sleep the night before the teacher's work day! I don't know why I get so nervous.

When I first started teaching, I was on my way to school and passed a school bus going the other way. I had to pull off the road because I was getting sick!!!

I have a small refrigerator in my classroom, so I keep bottled water, fruits, vegies in there. I got it by using bonus points from book orders.

That's all for now. Dreading weigh in. My hands and ankles are so swollen. Not sure what the problem is.
Old 08-16-2001, 04:57 PM   #8  

Good afternoon, all!

Sorry I haven't been around much. Coming back to work after being gone for three weeks meant digging through an avalanche of paper and pages of e-mails waiting for me. I think I've weathered it pretty well, and am fairly somewhat kinda sorta caught up.

Nola, welcome! Glad to have you on our thread here.

I have to figure out what to do tonight. It's my birthday, so I don't want to sit home and do nothing. I celebrated with my sister and her family last night, and my dad and his wife are coming up on Sunday. I'm going out with some friends on Saturday. But tonight, it's just me! I think I might stop by the video store and see what's new there, and then go home and make myself an awesome dinner (no, probably not OP, but heck - birthdays are only once a year!).

Talk to ya later!

Laura~
Old 08-16-2001, 10:25 PM   #9  
Susan

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Laura....... Happy birthday to you!!!!

Tammy, I like the idea of keeping the desks for map skills. That way you have them in your room and don't have to store them.

I'm exhausted today since school started. Might even go to bed early.

Ya'll have a great day!!

Susan
Old 08-17-2001, 01:22 AM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Hi group,
Laura, I sang to you on the weigh in thread.

Susan, so how was the first day of school? How many students do you have this year?

Tammy, I too like your idea of using the desks.
And, the Barn Door is a neat restaurant in San Antonio, TX. Come down and I'll take you there--it's only 3 1/2 hrs from my house.

It's midnight and I'm just finishing packing. I started earlier but our cat took up residence in the case and I didn't have the heart to move him. I'm a softy for that ball of fur.

Tina
Old 08-19-2001, 11:24 PM   #11  
Susan

Just a quick note before I head to bed. I'm really tired. I have to be chipper tomorrow since school starts.

Tina, my class varies. I'm the special ed department chair so I'll spend my day making sure that kids get in the right classes, and helping out the new teachers. My class is content mastery (this is where the kids can come for extra help.) So I won't actually have kids this week. It is a busy week making sure that everyone is accounted for and everything runs smoothly.

Better head to bed since I know I'm not going to get to sleep for a while. My eyes will be wide open. I'm the same as I was a kid.

Hope everyone has a great week. We've been kind of quiet lately.

susan
Old 08-19-2001, 11:43 PM   #12  
Thursday Team

Hi group.

Happy B-day Laura, even though Im late saying it.
How was your mini trip Tina?

Looks like everyone thats posting has been gearing up for the school year again too. Ours started on the 16th, seems like it starts earlier each year

No I didnt vanish, I just turned antiquey (age wise) and have had a rough summer with my motivation and stuff. I rejoined WW back in June and didnt even make it to a meeting..boohoo. I keep thinking I should go again, but I dont want to rejoin again until Im under my last W/I amount........but on a brighter note.... I have been OP for the last 2 days...just barely on Sat, but I was. I looked in the mirror Fri night, and didnt like what I saw, and hopefully will make big improvements.

Welcome to the group Nola!! Sounds like your doing fantastic on your goal....you'll look faboulous in your wedding dress when the time comes.

Well I cant respond to everyone's posts tonight, as this message would be like 5 pages long but wanted to say hi...and wish everyone a good week ...... I will try to post more often again.

Dee
Old 08-20-2001, 03:46 PM   #13  
Thursday Lady

I'm baaaack!

We had a fantastic time. It was so hot there. We tried to stay indoors or in the car. It was 100 on Friday and 101 on Saturday.

Susan, we ate at the Barn Door on Friday night. I had the house dressing on my salad...yummy! I ate half my 6 oz. filet. Oohhh that was so good having steak. It came with carrots and baked potato. I didn't eat the potato but ate 1 1/2 homemade rolls.

Dee, I'm so glad to hear from ya. Looking in the mirror can really get a person back to WW, can't it. You can do this. You've done good in the past and will again!

Laura, what did you do on your birthday? You mentioned renting a video and making an awesome dinner. Tell us all about it.

Tammy, have you found a secret way to rid water retention?

Nola, how was your weekend? Were you able to stay OP? I completely blew it yesterday. I'm doing pretty good today, so far.

Everyone take care.
Tina
Old 08-21-2001, 11:01 AM   #14  
Thursday Lady

Good morning,
I hope everyone is bright-eyed today. It's a beautiful day here.

Let's all have a great OP day.

Tina
Old 08-21-2001, 06:24 PM   #15  

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I forgot to reply last Thursday. I lost 3 pounds. Down to 139.8 Since finding this site and reading the benifits of drinking water I have tried it and I have gone from losing 1 pound a week to losing 3 pounds two weeks in a row. Don't think I will do that this week though the scales seem to be stuck on the same number. That is OK I am not complaining. I never drank any water and not to much fluid either. I never even drank anything with my meals. Now I drink 4 to 6 bottles of water a day. A lot of peeing going on but wow what a difference it makes on the scales.
Tina I have a Designer 1 and truly thousands of programs. Let me know it you do get an embroidery machine.
Good luck everyone on this Thursdays weigh in.
Nola
Closed Thread