Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2001, 01:42 PM   #1  

Talking Frolicking cows

Hi cowsies, DH and I are taking a 4 day weekend all to ourselves with no children!! Not that my children are children anymore. We're taking our motorhome to the beach, where we will do nothing we don't want to do. I've got a good book and a hunky man. What more can a cow ask for?

Peaches, dear, I'm thrilled that you're 137. I'm not. 137 that is.
Old 08-16-2001, 08:24 PM   #2  
Member w/ messiest house

Default That's lovely!

Have a wonderful time, Wabbit and Wabbitman! Sounds idyllic.

I spent the day shopping with DD. Shoes, clothes, school supplies, all that jazz. Spent a nice chunk of change. They are selling the same stuff in the stores that was on sale when I was in high school -- flared hiphugger jeans with studs and laced-up flies and fringe. DD got a pair of jeans made of fringed denim patchwork. I'm sure she will be the coolest

This weekend is the annual Wooden Canoe Festival in town. It is starting to get some notice--it'll probably be really crowded this year. I'm working on the registration table on Saturday, and on Sunday I hope to be paddling down the stream with DD for the "boat parade". Everybody dresses up, themselves or their boat or both and floats or paddles down the stream that goes through town and ends up at the site of the festival, where the boats are judged. DD wants to be a rock group of some kind; I can't imagine how she thinks we are going to do that. I want to bring the giant stuffed red "Mr. Jalapeno" that we won at an amusement park and make our boat a Mexican theme. In any case, it'll be fun.

How's everbod else?

Kiwi
Old 08-18-2001, 08:26 PM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Utter exhaustion

I am sooooooooooooo tired. I spent the whole afternoon selling t-shirts and raffle tickets, then DD and I came home and lugged the giant 10 ton canoe onto the roof of the car. DH of course is on the coast sailing; just talked to him--he says it weighs 80 lbs. He's crazy, I'm sure it weighs more than the car itself.

Tomorrow we transform the canoe into the Josie and the kittycats boat and float through town playing loud teenybopper music on a tape player. Helllllppppppppp

Kiwi
Closed Thread