Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 07:33 PM   #1  

Default Anyone have any good rhubarb recipes???

Sorry ...I'm not sure where to post this , but here goes ...I'd love some good low point rhubarb recipes to try ...does anyone have any?

Thanks ahead of time ...I appreciate your help.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:12 PM   #2  
Queen of the Fresh Start

The way I usually use rhubarb is to cut it up and stew it with a bit of water and about a cup of sugar. We then eat it in bowls like pudding for dessert.
I'm guessing you could use Splenda and have a drastic reduction in points.
Every recipe I've seen/tried for rhubarb is high in points...they include pies and cakes....not points friendly!
Old 09-08-2005, 06:37 PM   #3  

Default Rhubarb

Thanks, I appreciate your response ...I DO fix it like that, (using Splenda ...0 points ...rhubarb is a vegetable!), but I wanted something a little more creative. I found a couple of recipes that I think I'll try and see if they're any good.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:51 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Years ago when I was with WW I had gotten this recipe at one of their meetings... Stew the rhubarb like you said but add 2 packets of SF strawberry jello instead of the sugar and refrigerate YUMMY, it's making me hungry to have some now ... Barely any points because if I remember correctly rhubarb is very low and so is the SF Jello... Hope this helps...
Closed Thread