Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 10:52 AM   #1  

Default Thread for Sept. 4th - Sept. 10th

It's been a very rough weekend for DH and his family. He called me at work on Friday and told me that his neice was in a terrible car accident, and they didn't think she was going to pull through. She apparentely couldn't see, because the sun was is so bright at this particular intersection, and she pulled out in front of a semi. She was air-lifted to the hospital, and had 18 people working on her in her operating room, but they weren't able to save her. She was only 18 years old. She was also planning to get married in October (we just received her invitation in Thursday's mail.) The visitation/funeral isn't until Wednesday & Thursday, so DH and I will be heading back up to Wisconsin later this week. So, I won't be around much this week. Please keep me, my husband, and his family in your thoughts.

WW hasn't done well these last couple of days, because good food just plain wasn't available at my mother-in-laws. I could have went to the store, but we have been so busy doing other things.

I'm still planning on doing my 15-mile walk on Saturday. I need to walk big-time tonight or tomorrow.

Sorry to be so doom and gloom! How has everyone's Labor Day weekend been? It's been a nice weekend weather-wise here. It would be a great day for picnic. We might be playing softball with DH's work tonight. That should be fun.

Take care, Stephanie
Old 09-04-2005, 11:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Oh no I'm so sorry to hear that Stephanie. I'll definitely be keeping your family in my thoughts. (((Hugs)))

This has been a not great weekend for me with WW and everything. I was doing ok, but didn't exercise because my knee hurt yesterday, and was planning on doing something today, because my knee is feeling better (still sore though!) but now my neck hurts! I must have slept on it wrong, but I cant move it without it hurting. And then, I haven't been eating all that great either. I didn't count points yesterday, and I'm sure I went over. And this morning I didn't feel like measuring out anything, and had some of Craig's good tasting 2 pt bread for breakfast today with a bunch of PB. So I'm not too happy with myself.

And then we both miscalculated our money, and we only have $4 for the next two weeks. Nice. I have half a tank of gas left, so I need to save it for work, so it means he cant take it (my car, his car needs a new wheel so it only has the spare) and go out applying for jobs.

So, sorry for my rant and for also being a tad depressing

~Liz
Old 09-04-2005, 12:46 PM   #3  
Proud Slimmin' Sista!

*hugs to both of you!* Oh man...you guys!

Steph, I am so sorry to hear about your niece. What a tragedy.... I will definitely be keeping you and your family in my thoughts. You take your time with this, okay? And come back to us when you feel well enough. You know we'll be here for you when you get back.

Liz, I'm sorry about your knee and the money situation. How frustrating. I just received word from my parents that they want me to pay $900 for an insurance policy out of my own pocket. All I can think is, "And...where does $900 come from?" I guess it's credit card time for me. Good luck with your money situation. And good luck to your SO with finding a job!

In my neck of the woods, this weekend's going to be okay. Just really REALLY busy. I'm taking a break from my students' essays. I'm getting slightly frustrated. I asked them to write a personal narrative about an experience that made them grow and to explain the significance of the experience (i.e. don't just tell the story--teach me something). And what do they do? Spend 2.5 pages telling the story and then in the conclusion hurriedly say what they learned. Nuh-uh. Not gonna cut it. So I keep writing the same thing over and over: incorporate the significance throughout the rest of the essay--don't save it for the end. *sigh* It's just frustrating is all. I've read 6. I have 44 more. These are the rough drafts and I have one-on-one conferences with them about their essays beginning Tuesday. Thank God Monday's a holiday!

I hope everyone's doing well!
~Amanda
Old 09-04-2005, 03:32 PM   #4  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Wow. I just want you all to know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Stephanie, I am so sorry for yours and DH's loss. You are on your way to the visitation/funeral.....I say concentrate on your family and all else will fall into place. The eating will be rough (this coming from someone who just went through this last month in PA) and emotions high. Keep up that exercise and know all are thinking of you.

Liz, I hope you feel better soon and can get back on the wagon. I have done well so far today but yesterday (and about four or five days last week LOL) I havent done well with the eating. TOM is on the way and I am using it as an excuse. Im sorry about your situation too.....I hope it looks up for you soon. Chin up. And buckle down (this as I am kicking myself in the arse trying to get it through my own head) do better from the next meal....or tomorrow is a new day.

Amanda, Enjoy your day tomorrow and just remember that it means there is only a four day work week (assuming you do so five days a week). Good luck in finding that money! Oh and congrats on hitting ONE-derland! I have just joined those ranks too! Now if I can just keep it up!

Oh I dont know if I intro'd myself to ya'll the other day- I spent the whole day yesterday laughing and comparing myself to all ya'll and your stories and just reading the forum that you girls have started. I am kelly a SAHM to two boys 4 and 1 and my DH is in the Navy. We live in Pensacola FL and I dont like it much here anymore. (hurricanes and all) but have gotten sick of living my life fat. I have been fat for at least 6 yrs now and my children only know me fat. I am tired of being the fat mom (I know many feel this way) and follow WW at home by myself with the books and just bought a used treadmill (that I need to use today to justify it LOL and get one more point or I AM going to bed HUNGRY!!!) I have lost 23lbs on WW and 42 since march 01.
I am looking forward to getting to know ya'll!
Old 09-04-2005, 06:22 PM   #5  

Hi everyone.

Stephanie-My heart goes out to you, your husband and your family. Like everyone else said, take your time, focus on getting through this time of great trajedy. Everything else will work out in the end. ((((HUGS))))

Lizzy-Allow your body to heal if that's what it needs. SOmetimes we get going on our own ajendas and we need to stop and step back. Your body is trying to tell you you need rest. Try just some light stuf fif you really feel you must do something. I hope things get better for you moneywise. I know how hard it is to have things being so tight. SOmeday it will be better and you will look bakc at these lean times and see how strong it made you.

Amanda-I hope you are going to be able to set aside your work and enjoy yourself a bit. And don't cha just aht ethos ebills and stuff that jump out at ya? I don't mind so much when I can plan ahead, it's that sneaky stuff that throws me off.

Welcome Kelly!! So glad you joined us! I don't blame you one bit for not wnating to live in FL. I admit I hate the snow and such here in PA, but natural disaster's are rare. And let me tell ya, FL has some big darn BUGS!!! I'd take a bit of snow over a giant water beetle anyday! My sister lives in NC and the BUGS she gets in her house are insane. She sent me a picture of one she killed. I asked her what on earth it was...it was a grasshopper. That's it just a grasshopper. I'm sorry but grasshoppers here aren't 8 inches long!!! EWWWWW!!

Well, off to be lazy and do nothing. YAY!!! I seriously need that. Tomarrow is another workday for me. The mom of the kdis I watch works for a cable company call center so no matter what holiday it is if she is scheduled to work, she works. Someone mans the call center 24/7. I am gonna have to draw the line on watching her kids on Christmas or Thanksgiving though. Have a great weekend everyone. Enjoy the MOnday holiday if you get it off, if not like me don't work too hard LOL!!

BTW where is our darling Maggie?
Old 09-04-2005, 08:09 PM   #6  

Stephanie you and your family have just been lifted in prayer! May you feel Gods peace at this horrible time.

Lizzy it is not fun being broke I know as a young couple we sure went through some tough times too. I can remember hubby and I looking at each other and saying some day we will laugh about this right. Well I look back on those days and I still ain't laughing but with time things DO get better.

Kelly CONGRATULATIONS on making it to ONEDERLAND proud of you girl! It really does just take tired of being the fat chick doesn't it. I am there I think I sure hope!

Amanda you sound like a great teacher. Don't lower your standards or expectations.

Misty you deserve some RR good for you gal. I thought of you yesterday as I was roasting a bunch of tomatoes. Think how much we will enjoy our harvest when it is yucky winter.

I just had a major victory. We had a euchre party on Sat. and I only ate fruit! Just now our friends called and wanted us to go out and I said no I have already eaten all my points for the day. That is such a major victory for me. I am a people person and usually would go to a restaurant at the drop of any call.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:17 PM   #7  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Stephanie, I'm keeping you and DH in my thoughts and prayers. I was so sorry to hear about your loss of your neice. Please don't worry about what you are eating, you have enough on your mind.

Liz, take care of your knee, maybe you could do some type of upper body work out, to save wear & tear on it right now. Your neck could be sore because maybe you are walking differently with the knee injury? Just take care, and try not to injure anything else.

Hi Kelly, glad you've joined us. Wow, 42 lb lost total!! I wish I was saying that too. I haven't been doing real well on the losing this time around. I'm gonna start going to WW meetings on Tuesday. I only do online right now. We had a pizza party today for my almost step-son's kids. He & his family live with us & he works at Papa John's. He brings his work home.

Misty, hope you enjoy the rest of your lazy day. It's too bad some people have to work on holidays. My DD has to work Monday. It is really unusual for her to work on a holiday.

Luflic, WTG for only eating fruit. I don't think I could do that while playing cards.

Everyone have a good holiday tomorrow.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:53 AM   #8  

Thanks for your prayers! I'm glad I have sistas' like all of you It's so hard to see something like that happen someone who should have so much more life to live.

Liz, I'm sorry about your knee, neck, and money situation? Are you feeling better today? I know how it is being low on cash. Like someone else said, hopefully some day you'll be laughing about this.

Welcome Kelly! You have done so well losing weight! You can inspire the rest of us! I'm so glad you joined us! I understand what you mean about where you're living. Like Misty said about PA, Iowa isn't the most exciting place to live, but I feel extremely safe, and I so happy that I live here (or any place similar).

We're leaving tomorrow night or Wednesday morning for Wisconsin.

Kitty, I'm glad you're starting meetings. I hope you enjoy them. I like getting to know the other members, and listening to ideas that they have. I also have a fabulous leader, who helps keep me motivated! I also think it's inspiring to have to face the scale each week at the meeting! God knows that I don't ever want to gain!!!

Take care.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:03 AM   #9  

Hello everyone!

How are we doing today? I am having an easy going day, after a VERY, VERY rough night with two tired babies who had been off thier schedule since Friday. My arms are feeling a bit better today, a 25 pound one year old provides a fabulous upper body workout during a wedding reception!!!!

I am waiting for DH to get up so I can workout. But since it is almost 11 I am thinking I'll just end up doing it at naptime LOL. There was NO WAY I was exercising at 5:30 this morning! But I will get it done!!

Stephanie-Have a safe trip.

Luflic-That is a major victory!!!!! You deserve some NANNERS!!!! I am a people pleaser, so I hate disappoint people. It's hard for me to turn down an invitation. I am so proud of you. next time I am faced with that kind of thing, I will remember how you did it and I will try to be assertive too!

Well ladies I am very hungry. I need to find some lunch soon. I had half a breyer's yogurt. I can't eat the kind with Aspartame, and I'm sorry but a container of yogurt is not worth 5 points to me. So I split one with my daughter. But it wasn't a filling breakfast. I think 90% of yogurts have that nasty aspartame, why can't they make some with splenda?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-05-2005, 03:26 PM   #10  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Good morning or should I say afternoon ladies! Thank you for all the warm welcomes and I just wanted to say that today has NOT been a good day. I have reached my points already (and it is only 2:30) and the rest of the day will be rough. I am not counting today although I will walk on the treadmill later. I had a rough night with the baby being up alot (all he wants to do is nurse) he has a runny nose and miserable. DH has been gone all day and was gone all day yesterday too. Oh well. Again, thanks for the welcome and good luck with your goals today!
Old 09-06-2005, 10:58 AM   #11  

Hi. I'm grumpy. My job sucks and my husband is an a$$.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and see how everyone is. I can't wait for my meeting tonight. I really, really hope I lost something. Plus. I can't wait just to get the heck out of this house. I am taking the 17th as a personal day. I am going by myself to Rochester, NY and pissing the entire day away doing whatever. B/c if I don't get a break I am going to implode.

Is it nap time yet? I am soooo tired of crying children. I am actualy hiding in my office right now, to avoid going off the deep end.

Kelly-I hope today is better for you than yesterday. We all have the days. But teh joy wo fWW is not matter how bad you did the day, week or month before, you get fresh points everyday.

Well laundry calls. I very much dislike doing laundry. Then again who doesn't right? At least I am fortunate enough to have clothes to wash.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:31 PM   #12  

Oh, man. We're all kind-of blue lately! We need to get out of this funk!

Misty, I think the worst part about doing laundry is sorting socks. I just hate that!

Do any of you watch The Biggest Loser? I didn't last season, but I might this time around. I checked out the website, and one of the wrestlers use to wrestling in college. The funny this is that his bio is a complete lie!! His name is Matt, and it says how good he was when he was in college. Well, I know an Olympic wrestler who also wrestled with Matt at the University of Iowa, and Matt didn't even make varsity wrestling at UI!! Everything in his bio (except his hometown) is false! It makes me mad that shows lie like that! I wonder if Matt lied to get on the show or the show lied!?

How old is your baby, Kelly?
Old 09-06-2005, 01:31 PM   #13  

There. I got my workout in. I feel better.

Stephanie. I watched parts of it last year. I will have to watch it and NOT root for Matt. That's a very good question. Did he lie or is the show lying. INTERESTING!! They are probably trying to get the attention of otehr former athletes or something.

PS I NEVER sort socks until Dh gets annoyed. I just pile them all in baskets and we fish out what we need LOL. I am such a bad house wife LOL.

Have a great day everyone
Old 09-06-2005, 02:57 PM   #14  

Misty you deserve a personal day. I hope you have a great time and a refreshing time. A day to focus on YOU. My weight watcher lesson today was that one of the reasons we are overweight is because for some reason we feel it is selfish to take care of ourselves and we are always doing for others. This is very true of me. Now that my girls are married and I am not teaching I can spend the time getting the workouts in and planning meals for me instead of doing what everyone else wants. So I say put yourself first then you will feel better physically,emotionally,mentally and then you can be of greater benefit to all those little people.

On the socks I say buy all the same kind so it isn't big deal. Someone always eats one sock in the dryer right?????
Old 09-06-2005, 06:27 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Thanks for the messages I'm feeling much better today. I still don't know what we're going to do about gas money, but I guess I'll think about that tomorrow (LOL gotta love Scarlett O'Hara ). It just seems like when we start to get on our feet, something stupid happens and we're back to this point again. ugh.

I did better yesterday. I went over my points, but not really. I had AP points available, so I was ok. I am doing better today too. Its so much easier when I'm at work.

I hate doing laundry too, and I don't sort socks either. Craig does, his anyway. he's nuts when it comes to his socks and stuff. But then maybe not, he actually folds his clothes, and puts his socks together, and they have to match. Maybe I'm the one who's nuts, cause I'll just leave everything in a basket and then sort through it when I need something

What time is the Biggest Loser on? I've never watched it, but it does look interesting.

I hope everyone is doing better today, and I hope everyone has a great week!!!

~Liz
Closed Thread