Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 08:30 AM   #1  

Default Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 9/5 - 9/11

Welcome to Sugarbusters!

This is the Sugarbusters support board, where anyone following, or interested in following, Sugarbusters is welcome to come for discussion, and support. We hope you will become a part of our great group!

We try to have different themes for different days of the week.

MONDAY: MMM, or Metal Monster Monday, is when we weigh in, and post our progress. This is voluntary.

TUESDAY: Is tip day- we try to share a tip, or two to help each other.

WEDNESDAY: Is Wonderful Wednesday. On Wednesdays, we share something wonderful about our selves, or our lives.

THURSDAY: Is Thirst Day! A reminder to drink your water! Its a good day to share a recipe too!

FRIDAY: Is FF, for Friday funnies. Everyone needs a laugh on Friday!

You are welcome to post questions, vent frustrations, whatever, but please be respectful of others and their beliefs.

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/for....php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/for....php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64657

NEWBIES: To post a reply, please hit reply and NOT new thread
Old 09-05-2005, 08:33 AM   #2  

Default Challenges!!!

CHALLENGES!!!

1. Get in at least 3 days of exercise...and POST it! (the exercise board was kind of lonely last week!)

2. Find a new legal food to try.

3. Drink at least 8 - 10 glasses of water a day!
Old 09-05-2005, 09:08 AM   #3  

I posted this morning at the end of last weeks thread. Opps sorry.
Morning everyone. Happy Labor day!
I really enjoyed not having to rush off to work this morning. Just going to putter around the house today and get some chores done. Am barbequing chicken later today for Dh and I and Ds. Dh has to work tonight so we are just staying home.
Im not weighing until later in the week, so no weigh in for today.

Monet- Outback is one of our Fav resturants ! I love their grilled chicken ceaser salad and the strip steak. The steakhouse salad is awesome too but I have to get it without the sugar/cinnamon pecan pieces.

Well Im off to clean , clean , clean. Have a great day.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:11 AM   #4  

Default Mmm!

Happy MMM Labor Day!

I was either the same, or up a 1/2 pound...I weighed three times, and it was different each time. I don't believe the 1/2 pound down time...after two big meals eating out yesterday, and not getting in my walking from Tuesday to Saturday, plus a few slips on my 'rules'...like skipping breakfast, or eating too many grains, or eating in between meals...I did not deserve a loss. This week, I am determined to be better.

I will be back later. Time to go drink espresso with my hubby!
Old 09-05-2005, 11:56 AM   #5  

GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY LABOR DAY!!! I wish it were better for so many, but I will continue to pray that all continues to improve for all of those evacuees.

I was here last week, and I jumped on to read a few times, but just wasn't into posting for some reason. I had such a heavy heart, with all the footage, and felt that my posts would probably reflect my mood. I guess I was a little selfish as well.....I felt I had to prioritize some things, and also was feeling sorry for myself because of my "relationship" with my family. People are coming together to help people they don't even know, and others are losing thier loved ones, and my parents aren't even concerned with saving our relationship. I'm so done with them!!

I am so HAPPY to hear that Missy is alright, as well as some of our other members. I really hope we hear from Laurie soon! Is there anyone else we haven't heard from in that area?

We have pretty much been prisoners in our home this weekend due to gas prices. I filled up my tank on Saturday a.m. at $3.07 per gallon; it is up beyond $3.20 at some stations here. It's amazing how something like this can affect us all. BUT, I have no room to complain; I have a home and my health, and my beautiful family with me. We will limit our driving as much as possible. It doesn't help that Britt's school is 45 minutes away. Oh well, we will get through this like everyone else.

I did get out Saturday a.m., and went to the gym, got my hair cut (which I desperately needed), and then went to Trader Joes and Sprouts. We might run out to get yogurt down the road sometime today, just to get the kids out of the house for a little while, but that will be it until tomorrow. I have plenty to do indoors (laundry, ironing, bedding, change out fishtank, etc....).

Britt has a chest cold, and I've had a little bit of chest congestion too.

Lane starts school tomorrow; she is getting excited. It will be nice to have those few hours on those days to go to the gym or run an errand or two.....that is when I am not in the classroom helping out.

Thanks to those of you who asked about me. I hope to get back to posting this week.

My eating has been fair; I was at 123# this morning, which is up from Saturday (121.5#). I will be back into working out this week for 3-4 days per week. My plan is to take Lane to the gym with me on Mondays, and then to go on Tues/Thurs when she is in school, and then go on Saturday too. I always eat better when I am working out too.

Gator: The sauce in the slow cooker turned out great! I think I would cut out 2-3 cloves, just because they kids noticed the taste too much. I personally liked the taste, but will cut it down next time (yes, I will make it again). I found most of the cloves and the bay leaf, but I couldn't find one of the cloves, so I told the kids if they found it they got a surprise . They never did find it, so it may be in the frozen portion out in the freezer.

Monet: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! I am glad you got to have a nice dinner out. Congratulations on all those beautiful years!

My DH is one of very few words, but I think this devastataion from Katrina has affected him too. On Thursday, he brought me home a vase of flowers (just because). It was a nice surprise.

Well, I better get going. I will check in tomorrow, and try to post some replies.

Have a fantastic day today, and a great OP week!!!'

Take care,
Nat
Old 09-05-2005, 12:12 PM   #6  

Woo hoo! We just got in from a very long walk. I posted about it over on the exercise board. It was a goal I had hoped to reach but never dreamed I would achieve it so soon.... I have over 7000 steps already today... When we got home, I just went straight into the backyard, stripped and jumped into the pool. It felt wonderful!

We have friends coming for dinner tonight, so I need to go plan the meal. I am thinking Mediterreanean. I may make tabouli and kibbe. I need to look through my recipes and decide...soon! I kind of feel like fish...so I might do that instead. Who knows? I need to peruse the freezer and see....

PANCHO: I was so glad to see your post. We are no substitute for your parents, but we love you and were worried about you last week. I am glad to see things are ok, and your mood was from the disaster and not any of us. Gas is about $3.20 here too...I sure hope it goes back down, but I will be surprised if it does. I don't have the problem you have of driving 45 minutes to school, though. When I was a kid, my father drove 60 miles to work. It took him over and hour and a half, and he drove a huge Chrysler New Yorker. I wonder what he would think of the prices for gas now? I hope here, the price of gas will spur the local government into doing a better job of public transporation. The Chicago system was wonderful...you could get anywhere you needed to go in a timely fashion. Here, it just plain sucks.

CINDY: I saw your post on the old thread...I thought about trying to move it here, but while I think I have those capabilities with my mod class, I don't know how to do it! I felt bad about not getting up earlier and getting the board started. I should have started it last night. Anyway, enjoy the holiday!
Old 09-05-2005, 12:43 PM   #7  

Oh I forgot this is Monday and didn't weigh. Well I'm sure it wouldn't be so good anyway. My eating the last few days hasn't been great. Its been such a nice pleasant week end. But tomorrow thank goodness I get a hair cut. I look like Harpo Marx. LOL... Listed a doll on ebay to sell. I love to collect baby dolls. Not old ones but the newer versions. I've loved them all my life. And enjoy having them. Much to my DH's dismay. It keeps our guest room crowded. Of course DH saids our house looks like a gypsy junkyard. I have way to much junk.

Monet- Its always so good to come here on Monday and see you've started the board for us. We're so lucky to have you do it. Congrads on the steps. Wow thats allot. Good job.

Pancho- I slacked off the end of the week on posting to. But I kept reading the boards and missed your posts. You're such a sweetie and I love reading what you write.

Cindy- Happy labor Day to you too. Its so nice to have this extra day... I love Outback too....
Old 09-05-2005, 01:22 PM   #8  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

I've put in an email to Deb to see if she has Laurie's phone number...Keep your fingers crossed that she does.

I'll be back later

BOB
Old 09-05-2005, 02:11 PM   #9  

Good day everyone,

Hope everyone have a good WIM and also a good Labor Day. Dh and Jess is out at Home Depot so I took the opportunity to check in here. Baby is still not here yet and Wed will be my due date. Jess was born a day before her due date so I am predicting that Jr will be either close to his due date or after. Sighhh...hope he doesn't get too big for me to deliver. At this stage, he is putting on weight fairly quickly and I really have to watch what I put into my mouth and the "hunger" is not helping either. Anyway, I know I don't have to wait much longer and am so grateful that I am still feeling as good as I can be at this stage. I will keep you all posted when Jr arrives.

Dh and I do not have any plans for today except that we are thinking of inviting my new neighbor (only the husband) over for dinner because he is home alone today. His wife and children are up in TN visiting her families. I was thinking of making a simple stir-fry bean sprouts with carrots, onions, green onions and bell-peppers and a braised tofu with chicken dish for ourselves but if he is joining us for dinner, I will just add a shrimp dish. Not sure if he will be used to my simple dishes like tofu but I heard he is pretty adventurous...lol. Anyway....will see.

Few replies :

MONET : Thanks for starting the board and will definitely keep you all posted when the baby is here. Sounds like you are having a productive day. Happy Belated Anniversary. My 7th anniversary is this Thursday, one day after Jr due date

PANCHO : I have been MIA but tried to read the posts here as much as I can. I am glad to hear all is well. I know it is not easy thinking about your relationship with your family but you really can't do much for them unless they really want to change. You have done your part in trying to mend this relationship and the rest is up to them. We are here for you and so many people here care for you...including me

REST OF THE GANG : Sorry I can't do much individual replies but am thinking of you all. Some of your sports comments really make me laugh....have fun-filled season.

Julia
Old 09-05-2005, 02:58 PM   #10  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Here is the link for Missy's town http://ci.thibodaux.la.us/

I can't find a site giving info forLaurie's town of Meridian

BOB
Old 09-05-2005, 04:03 PM   #11  
Little Engine That Could

Pancho--It is SO good to see you back. We were worried about you, esp. with the heart health problems that you have dealt with. I totally understand your feelings of gloom and sadness. I have those too, and my heart is just wrenched every time I see those people camping out in the convention centers in Baton Rouge and in Texas. I have hardly been able to tear myself away from the TV, and even when we were up in Gainesville on Fri. and Sat. I felt a small blanket of sorrow enveloping me. And I can see how all that can highlight the broken relationship your parents have with you. Just let that brokenness be a springboard for something wonderful as you reach out to others who also need a family. God is in the heart-mending business and has demonstrated that he uses bad situations to bring unsurpassed good. Maybe he wants to use you and your situation for that. All of us here really care about you; don't forget that.

My eating this past weekend was weird: at times it was so good and at other times so horrible! I am down 1 pound from last week, but still up one pound from my all time low, which I HOPE to reach next Monday. We left for Gainesville Friday afternoon, and had dinner at 8. Actually, we got to the restaurant at 8 and ate about 9! On Sat. the inn we stayed at served a lovely breakfast of waffles, fruit, egg casserole, etc. etc. We had lunch at a small party, and then supper at the president's box at the stadium right before the game at 6 pm. Now, I did great for breakfasts. I took my shredded wheat 'n bran and cut up fresh berries on it. Even for lunch, I had 1/2 sandwich on pumpernickel bread, with mustard, tomato, lettuce and roast beef. I slipped and had just a few chips. I even took iced tea, so I could avoid the colas. I had half of my husband's chocolate mousse at the restaurant, and had part of a dinner roll. Where I went nuts was at the supper served at the box at the stadium. They had all sorts of goodies and I ended up having a small Hagan Daaz vanilla cup with whipped cream, a small (coffee cup size) choc. milk shake, a hot dog all the way, potato salad, and just "stuff" that I really did not need to eat. By the time I ate some of it, I wasn't really even that hungry. And there was salad there, with chopped chicken to put on it. I could have had iced tea, and even a small ice cream would not have been Horrible! But it was I was like one of those looters, just looting the buffet table and going crazy with all the food there. There was almost a disconnect between my ability to exercise reason with self control and my actions. And after the game, back at the inn, where everyone sits around and disects the game, I was even weirder: chicken wings, nacho chips, candy. I wasn't really even hungry. (All that fat must have sent my gall bladder into a tailspin! LOL) Since we are going up to Gainesville again this weekend, and will be going in future weekends, I need to figure out what is going on in my head. This coming weekend we will be going to several luncheons and dinners as they are dedicating the new law school at U of F. Sandra Day O'Conner will be the speaker. I will be somewhat at the mercy of what is being served. I know I can handle myself at breakfasts. Perhaps I need to take a good variety of snacks that will be satisfying and also "special" so that I will feel no deprivation and can approach meals with sanity. Any and all suggestions will be welcome!! I'm gonna have to go through some recipes to get some good ideas.

I did do a lot of walking on Saturday, getting over 20000 steps.

We worked in the yard this morning, cleaning up all around our koi pond where the lady palms and aluminum plant are starting to take over. So got quite a bit of exercise. There is always something to do in the yard, and the weeds seem to grow faster than I want to keep up with them.

BOB--That's a good idea about phone numbers. Thanks for being such a guardian angel for our group.

Jackie--We watched part of the Ky game. I was just sick when the QB did that last fumble. Poor Wildcats. They just don't know how to win yet, even when victory is within their grasp. The Gators used to be like that b/f Spurrier. A 7-4 season was really a good year. But the Cats have mastered roundball, and I am happy to see them being almost a perenial participant in the final 4 for basketball.

Cindy--Enjoy the holiday today. You deserve a day off!

Well, I'm gonna go. Don't have much else going on. DH is at the office catching up on some work, and may play golf later. I have a steak thawing, and hope it will be thawed out by dinner time.

Old 09-05-2005, 05:37 PM   #12  

I am taking a bit of a break from cooking. Our friends called to tell us the will be 45 minutes late. I am not surprised...or annoyed. It gives me a few minutes to chill! I have over 12000 steps already today, and I did not even wear the pedometer all day!

Tom went down to the neighbors with a ladder. They have a fig tree that they put a sign up by every year that says, "Help Yourself". I want to serve fresh figs and grapes for dessert tonight. I am making Lebanese grilled chicken, an eggplant recipe I found on Recipezaar that sounds a lot like a moussaka, but not quite, and had great ratings, and tabouli. I made fresh pita bread, and will probably whip up some hummus too.

I only have about 30 rows to go to finish the afghan I am working on. I hope I get the chance to work on it tonight. I might even finish it, since the rows decrease in size, and go faster and faster....

I will try and check in before bed tonight!
Old 09-05-2005, 09:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

This has to be quick....WE'RE OKAY!!! Without power for awhile, will give details when able. Just had to get on and let you guys know we're okay.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:09 PM   #14  
Mel

Yay! All the southern SB chickies are accounted for and safe

I've been thinking about y'all!

Mel
Old 09-06-2005, 07:41 AM   #15  

Yippie! THANK YOU, HEART for checking in!

As Mel said, all of our Southern ladies are accounted for now.

Last night, our company stayed fairly late, so I did not get the chance to get back here. Dinner was Tabouli, grilled chicken breast on skewers, hummus, homemade pocketless pita bread (don't ask!), and a moussaka like casserole with eggplant and ground beef. I made poached figs for dessert. I did not over eat, but I definitely ate enough!

I need to work on lesson plans today. I am still vascillating between two elements...line and color. I really want to do color, because its fun, but line is more foundational and a better place to start. Decisions, decisions...

I am rather stiff and sore this morning. I am sure it is due to the 15,741 steps I got in yesterday! I guess I will have to do it again tomorrow, or Thursday.

I will be back in a bit...I need to go make some coffee and have some breakfast.
Closed Thread