Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 11:45 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#48)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 09-03-2005, 12:35 PM   #2  

Hi Girls

It is me sitting here at the pc. This is the first time that I have been up for an hour. I am doing ok. It hurts like a bugger when I try to walk or stand. As long as I am lying in the new recliner that Larry had to get me I feel only about a 2 out of 10 for pain. When I am walking it sky rockets to a 10. I usually am up 3-4 times a day. I think that I am doing better today. Well gotta go rest. Love you and you are all in my prayers.

Dee
Old 09-03-2005, 06:29 PM   #3  
Losing it!

Dee, so nice to hear from you. I was wondering how everything went. Sounds like everything went well and you are on the road to recovery. Just try not to do too much too soon. HUGSSSSSS!!!

Sher, I'm so sorry you are not going to get your visit with Chris. But, what he is doing is a wonderful service to all. This will be a life changing experience for him that I'm sure he will remember always. Tell him I will be thinking of him and I'm sending prayers his way for the coping skills he needs to get through it all.

I made a new car purchase today!!! Well, new to me!!! LOL! Actually, it is a 2002 Saturn, which we traded our soon to be 13 year old Mercury Cougar in on. I needed something with front wheel drive to get through the snow when Steve is out of town. It's not my first choice of car, but it is in really nice condition and the price was right. I do like it because it is smaller and sportier then the cougar. Now just to make the monthly payments for the next 5 years!! LOL!
Old 09-04-2005, 06:59 AM   #4  

Gayle-Congratulations! My Saturn lasted 10 years with me, so you made a good purchase.

Everyone's weight trackers look so good! I'm proud of you all. I was horrible yesterday! I had a caesar chicken salad for lunch, with REAL dressing. Then for dinner, I had one again! I also had a piece of a roll at dinner. How awful is that? The wierd thing is, my weight is way down today. It usually shows up a day or 2 later though. I'm off to do 10 miles!
Old 09-04-2005, 09:28 PM   #5  

Well yesterday didn’t go without any hitches but I wouldn’t be me if it didn’t! My drain bag wasn’t working right. It kept filling with air. Larry called Health Links and they said that I should go to the hospital because I could get an infection and also I still might have blood that would pool in my tummy. There wasn’t much blood draining in the last 24 hours so I didn’t think that was the case. There is no way that I could sit on a chair never mind for hours at the hospital so he phones the surgeon. The surgeon said that he would rather see me in the office and see what is happening. Oh la la I have a sexy belly button amoungs other things.....lol The doc took off my entire wrapped gauze and I could see everything. It wasn’t even that swollen. He removed the bag because it wasn’t draining anything any more. What a relief it was two tubes that were stuck in me six inches in. The bag cause a lot of discomfort so this ended up as a blessing or it would have only come out on Tuesday. I have the binder girdle on and the tape like stitches. Sure looks good for what I could see.
Later that evening my mom and dad and sister Rachel came down for cake and coffee for dad’s birthday. It was a short visit. I improved a lot yesterday once the bag was out. Today I was really tired and got exhausted easily but I did make it to the back yard.

Sherry I am sorry to hear that Chris will not be coming for your visit. I am sure that you are disapointed but think of how proud you ar eof him.

Gayle congratulations on the new car. Ours is still an oldie. Our gas prises here are outrages. It is $4.80 a gallon. What are you girls paying at the pumps?

Shelley you aren't a bad girl. Everyone needs some really fat in their diet. If you keep putting 10 miles in you aren't going to be putting on any weight.

Enough sitting here. I just wanted to see what was happening. Love you.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:09 PM   #6  

Dee, it sounds like you are doing great. I'm so happy for you and I know you will look like a million bucks! Take it easy!!!

Gayle, congrats on the new car! There is nothing like having new wheels. Now, if we could just afford the gas!!!

Shelley, if all I had to worry about was couple of salads, I would be in terrific shape! You are way too hard on yourself girl. I'm sure you are the envy of everyone around you!

Sherry, I too am sorry you won't have your two weeks with Chris. I know how much you were looking forward to it. I'm in the same boat myself. Just as we got home from church today, the phone was ringing. It was Dan's National Guard Unit and they were being activated. He had two hours to get all of his things together, say his goodbyes and get to the armory. They told them they will probably be gone for six months, but we don't yet know where to. This Thursday will be his 23rd birthday and it would have been our first with him since he was 19. Tuesday is Rick's 50th birthday and his only wish was to have both his sons here to celebrate with him. Ben was going to drive down from Oklahoma, but as we were talking to him on the phone, he got a page and had to go. He is being deployed somewhere, we don't know where. On top of that, today would have been my parent's 52nd wedding anniversary. I didn't say anything to my dad though because my new step-mom fell and broke her foot! Did somebody say this is supposed to be a HOLIDAY weekend???!!!! LOL

I sincerely hope all of you have a wonderful day off tomorrow. I may just stay in bed with the covers over my head!! hahaha Take care everyone...
Old 09-05-2005, 10:45 AM   #7  
Losing it!

Ramona, sorry to hear about Dan & Ben, prayers are sent for a safe return. When, if ever, will you know where they will be deployed to? I can't even imagine sending my kids off like you have to, you are a strong, strong woman.

Dee, so happy things are going well for you. Sounds like you are making a remarkable recovery! How long should the recovery process take?

Sher & Deb, hope you guys are having fun!!!!

We went boating yesterday with my brother & SIL. They purchased a eight seater pontoon (sp?) party boat and we went to the lake. It was very windy, but the boat held up just fine out on the waters. We found a small cove were the wind wasn't as rough so we anchored, unloaded the grill and cooked burgers on the boat for lunch. We then continued to boat until evening. It was fun, I was wore out by the time we made it home last night.

I hope everyone is having a safe holiday weekend!
Old 09-05-2005, 10:49 AM   #8  

Hello

We're home from Debbie's and had a great time! We talked,laughed and ate! But ONLY our low carbs stuff!!

I'm down another 2 lbs. this morning!!!! This is a total of 14 lbs. since Aug.1st! I love low-carb!!

Gayle...Congrats on your new car!! What color is it? I hear that Saturn's are great cars!! Are you teaching classes anymore?

Dee...Sounds like you are doing great sexy mama!!! You did get the boobs done too, didn't you? Continue to get well and don't try to do more then you're suppose to!

Shelley....Once I get to goal weight, I will eat sweets every once in a while. You shouldn't beat yourself up over eating them. There's no way you can go the rest of your life with no sweets or items that are very fattening. You're doing great! If you want something sweet every week or two ...EAT IT!! Anyway, the running you do works it off! You have done great and I'm so proud of you!!

Ramona....I know how sad you are right now with the boys being gone again. Especially not knowing where yet! This is the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with too! I want my Son here but then feel quilty because I know he's needed more in N.O. Hopefully we'll both get stronger by this! Love you!

Hello to all the lurkers! I sure miss you all! I hope everyone has a very lazy, relaxing Labor Day! Enjoy!!
Old 09-05-2005, 11:14 AM   #9  
THINKING THIN!!!!

HI Girls

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. We had a blast with Sherry and Wayne up here. My kids are coming for a cookout today and maybe the last swim of the season.

Prayers for everyone affected by the hurricane.

Hugs...deb
Old 09-05-2005, 04:02 PM   #10  
Losing it!

Sher, congrats on the weight loss! Super job!!!!!
The dealer had it listed as green, but it is fair from green. To first look at it, the car appears blue but with a touch of green in it, kinda like a spruce color. Not my first color choice (I like light colored cars) but then again, it was within budget. I am not teaching classes anymore, since my mom's illness and a lack of students (everyone wanted classes at different times). I had one lady (older/retired) get upset with me when I asked if we could bump her class up by 1 hour so I could make sure to get Allison from school. I decided right then I was done trying to please everyone.

Dee, I forgot to respond to your question. Gas here is currently $3.05-$3.20 a gallon.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:16 PM   #11  

Gayle....I understand about you not teaching classes anymore. But I hate to see you not using your wonderful talent.Maybe after your Mom gets well you could try again to teach. I bet your car is pretty! If I would have known in June when I bought mine that gas prices would be like this I wouldn't have bought it!!!!

Our gas prices here are from $3.29 to $3.50! What are we going to do when we can't afford to get to work??!!
Old 09-06-2005, 05:50 AM   #12  

Our gas prices are anywhere from $2.99 to $3.19 for reg. I'm going this morning to fill up at Sam's. I'll see what theirs is. The other day I think it was $2.79. Also, we have had people filling up constantly, afraid of a gas shortage. Quite a few stations have been out of gas. I am hoping Sams has some.

Sherry-Great job on the weight loss! You are doing wonderful. Your stomach has been okay on the low carb? I know you had problems with it on WW.

Gayle-Sounds like you had a great weekend. I agree with Sherry. You are much too talented to let it go to waste.

Ramona-I am praying for your boys. They are doing such a wonderful thing for our country. You taught them well.

Debbie-Pool's closing already? Seems like you just opened it!
Old 09-06-2005, 08:46 AM   #13  
Losing it!

The prices I wrote for gasoline is the regular. I think the premium is running $3.60 or so. Raising gas prices was one of the deciding factors in a new car purchase. The cost of small vehicles here is already rising and large vehicle prices are dropping. I wanted something I could make a car payment on but not need another job or two to put gas into the thing! This car gets upper 20's to lowers 30's, so I guess I can't complain too much. I have heard gas prices spiked and they will now start dropping...
Old 09-06-2005, 02:44 PM   #14  
Losing it!

I think I'm going to try the WW core program. I have been researching the list and plan on the net. I think I have most of it figured out so I won't have to pay for the online subscription. Shelley, I know you have tried core in the past, how do you feel about the program? I am just sooooooo tired of counting calories, points etc. I like the idea of not counting calories and just eating the allowed foods until satified. I think the hardest part will be to stop at that point and to not over eat.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:07 PM   #15  

Hi everyone ....Sorry haven't been on the boards~~My hubby's aunt died and we had to drive to Nashville for the funeral today. We stayed overnite and i wanted to find Sherry's number and call you girl but we just didn't have time.

We stayed at the Baymont Inn on Whitebridge Rd and Lenox. The funeral was at the Cathederal by Vanderbilt- so Sherry don't know how close i was to you but i hope you heard me yelling HELLO to you and Deb...

I am exhausted and will post tomorrow.
Closed Thread