Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2001, 05:52 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Default Hump day: 20-something's Daily Thread

Morning girls,
Just starting the thread....
Hope everyone is OK, I'm a bit snowed under so I'll be back later on.
Anyone got any exciting plans for the weekend? I'm going to a "tube party" on Friday night. It's being held in a disused tube station (an underground station) and we all have to dress up as tube stations. I reckon I'll go as Angel.

Kirsty
Old 08-15-2001, 09:17 AM   #2  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all.

Kirsty: A tube party sounds like fun. How do you dress-up as a tube?

Ali: good to see you around. Don't work too hard.

Kim: I did talk to the manager. no help. I got hte feeling they thought they were too busy to put it back on teh grill. Anyway, nothing free just a really mad me!

Hello to everyone still to post. Hey, were is Tonya? Sis in law wedding? anyway, will try to get back later.

Trish
Old 08-15-2001, 09:31 AM   #3  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Trish... that is a crock. I would definately boycott that place... and tell others to. That is poor customer service!!!

Kirsty.... you are a party girl. It is boring here, no cool parties at all!!!

I woke us this morning and was going to walk Sadie, but it was windy out and looked like rain, so I figured it was cold. HUbby said it wasn't tho, but by that time it was too late to walk her. BUT, if the rain lets up, we are going to work out at lunch time! YAHHHH....

Trish, I think we are missing a lot of people here.... Tonya, Kieri, of course Brenda, but that is not her fault (darn internet police!) COME OUT COME OUT WHERE EVER YOU ARE!!!!!
Old 08-15-2001, 10:06 AM   #4  
Scotland's finest export

Default It's the Kirsty, Trish and Jen show!

Hello, me again!
Trish, basically you choose any underground station in London and dress to represent the station's name. There is one called Angel, so I'll put on my fairy wings and wear a sparkly frock and go as an angel. My friend is going to go as Parson's Green (she's dressing up as a vicar with a green wig). The classic one is Cockfosters where men attach a can of Fosters (australian lager)to their crotch...lovely.
Jen - hope you get to work out at lunchtime. I've already had my lunch (yummy veggie delite sub from Subway). Three hours till hometime.
I'm suffering from a severe lack of concentration today (yes, worse than normal!). This usually makes me eat far too many snacks. Luckily someone from work has brought in a big box of jelly belly beans (and there are only 6 calories a bean!). Mmmm, yummy.
So, where are the rest of ya hiding?
Kirsty
Old 08-15-2001, 10:09 AM   #5  

Kirsty... TOO COOL! If you get any pics, post them!!! Still raining here. BLUCHHH! We have to walk 3 blocks to get to the gym, but I will be very wet and look horrid by the time I get back to work!!! Hopefully it will clear up by then!!!

Where oh where is everyone???????????????????????
Old 08-15-2001, 10:23 AM   #6  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Kirsty: not only do we not have cool parties like that, we do not have cool train stations with cool names like that. We do have a bus, not that I have ever actually taken it...but no cool bus stop names.

Jen: I was wondering about Kieri as well. Hope everyone is ok and just really busy. Pooh on the rain. I really hope we get some rain. We are so dry here.

Oh and did I tell eveyone that all my flowerpots are dead due to lack of water from my vacation. So now I am going to have to go out and get mums (which I don't like to put out until September) to put in them before my grandmother comes to visit this weekend.

Ok, come on out everyone.

Trish
Old 08-15-2001, 10:26 AM   #7  

Good morning everyone. sorry I didn't stop in yesterday. I have been eating too much the past few days and not writing it down. I think I have eaten betweem 25-30 points which isn't terrible but I would rather eat less. And I have had to do short workouts at the gym the pat 2 days as well. The podiatrsit said that I have to modify my workouts so that I am not putting so much pressure on my feet. I am supposed to alternate between the bike and treadmill/elliptical. We will see how that goes. The arthritis Dr was good yesterday. I am stopping my medication since we are TTC. I got the results of my blood test and I am no longer anemic and my cholesterol is 139!!! I was very excited about that.

This morning did not start off so well. I found out that my client is looking for a Full-time Senior Hr person but they failed to let me know anything about it. I am a consultant and am contracted to come in twice a week. It sounds to me like they are going to cancel but they dtill haven't said anything and the woman is coming in to meet people today! Very strange.

Also, Midway Airlines is having problems and we are supposed fly on Midway for Thanksgiving. I was on the phone this morning trying to figure out the flight changes. Oh, enough about me.

Belle - I am so sorry to hear about b/f. I hope that things work out for you. Let us know how your meeting goes. Please me careful since he has hurt you so many times.

Kirsty- 0 I love the idea of the tube party. I can't see that ever happening in Washington at a metro station though

JenL - I hope you get to work out at lunch. that is a nice break from the office too.

Trish - It is funny about the meat b/c I don't like it cooked! I love very rare meat and I will not eat it in restaurants that cook it medium or more. I won't be able to eat that when I get PG though!

Hi to everyone. Talk to you later.

Sarah
Old 08-15-2001, 10:47 AM   #8  

OK, there are 27 views so far today!!! PLEASE POST, we want to hear from you!!!!
Old 08-15-2001, 11:00 AM   #9  
Scotland's finest export

Default you heard the woman!

i wonder if it might just be us, every time you refresh your screen or look at the thread it shows as another view...
but if there are some lurkers out there - stop it!! we miss all the news from you guys. there used to be at least a dozen of us that posted all the time. have the internet police taken over the world?

kirsty
Old 08-15-2001, 11:02 AM   #10  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default JEN ARE YOU SHOUTING??

Ha ha just kidding. I can only stay for a minute.
Here in Oklahoma, most restaurants won't cook ground beef anything less than medium well, but you can get a steak however you like. I prefer medium if we're at a real steak joint, but medium rare if we're just anyplace.
I lost .5# at WI last night! I was hyped since I started TOM yesterday and am sooooooo bloated.
Oops! Boss is back and I must scatter!
Old 08-15-2001, 11:10 AM   #11  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Bad internet police!!!

Sarah: That is great health news. I am happy for you. You are right, once you are PG you really start to change your eating habits. All meat MUST be well done...and there are so many things that you can not eat. Oh well, it is worth it. I am just the big-time food police right now. That is strange about your client.

Kirsty: Are you home yet? I get so jelous when you say that you are going home and I am only eating my mid-morning snack. I selectively forget that you are at work when I am home asleep. HA HA. Hey, have you and BF found a place to live yet? What is it like? I think it will be ok to live together and work together at first. Maybe not so many changes all at once will be good. Plus, you both now it is temp. Should be great.

Jen: my dog will not get up in the morning even to walk. She has gotten so lazy. I wish my hubby would come with us when we go. We all need the walking.

Ok, back to work.

trish
Old 08-15-2001, 11:34 AM   #12  
Scotland's finest export

Unhappy not home yet

but not long to go! it's just gone 4:30 here and i finish at 6. hooray!
sarah - will a fulltime HR person mean you won't be needed? surely they need to tell you?
trish - BF and i have just started looking for a place. he needs to find somewhere short term for a couple of months cos my lease doesn't finish till end of oct. i'm sooo excited about it, but nervous too!
stacey - hooray on the loss - go girl!

right, i'm going to try and wake up (anyone else fall asleep in the afternoons?) and finish my work.

kirsty
Old 08-15-2001, 11:36 AM   #13  

Kirsty... hubby and I work together. I won't say it is good all the time, but then again, we only have a staff of 13, so everyone is pretty personal. Sometimes I just want to get away!!! It has it's positives and negatives!! We have been working together for about 3 1/2 years now.

Trish... Can't eat Feta cheese. I once ordered a salad that came with it on... I freaked and picked it off. I was always afraid that food would hurt the baby. But then again, I ate a lot of things that I don't even touch now. The things you crave when you are PG!!!

Stacey... I was speaking in a loud tone!!!

I just hope we haven't lost some of the regulars!!!
Old 08-15-2001, 11:50 AM   #14  
A Yankee in Virginia

I don't really have much to say today so I'll just say hi! I think I'll go to WI today, though. I'll take anything, even a .2 loss.

Kirsty: That party sounds fun! Here in Southwest Virginia, in redneck-ville, we don't have anything cool like that. There are NASCAR races, of course. Never been to one. And there are tons of outdoor things to do, hiking, biking, boating, outdoor jazz fests, that sort of thing.

OK, getting nervous about Friday and the surgery. Someone just called me to get some info for me pre-op check tomorrow and it freaked me out a little. So I called my mom. The biggest worry is being put to sleep. I hate that!

Well, I better run and be a productive member of my staff today.
Old 08-15-2001, 11:56 AM   #15  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Jen: I know, no fetta has been a hard one. Also, so of the fish you have to avoid is hard to remember. I just try to be careful and stick with things I know are ok for us.

Kirsty: I have know couples who worked together and lived together. I think they have made it work. I will tell you, living together (weither it is hubby or bf) brings new issues to a relationship at first...but remember they are mostly roommate issues that have nothing to do with the real relationship and will work out soon (as most roommate issues due). I think harding with hubby/BF since it is a BOY and they have some stinky living issues (even really clean boys I think). Plus, they can have funny ideas about decorating. I think it is good that you are both moving into a new place rather than one moving into anothers place. I would bet that is harder. when hubby and I got married (we did not live together before we were married. heck, we lived in differnt cities) I moved into his appartment...and he had UGLY furnature. But I felt bad changing too much of his place. Once we moved to our house that all changed and we did it together (but i bet he would say that I decorated and he just moved stuff.) Oh, and I sold his UGLY couch. The loveseat that matched is in his office at home. I let he do what he wants in there. sometimes we have to save our lovedones from themself.

Ok, that was a book.

Hello Stacey.

Trish
Closed Thread