South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 07:17 PM   #1  
krazy binging insomiac

Default Why am I Hungry

ok here's a place i could use some advice. I started my day today at 9:00 am (when i got to work) and it is now 4:12 and i'm starving. my stomach is growling. Below is a list of what i've had to eat today and when i ate it. already i'm up to 1254 cals (according to fit day).

9:00 -- breakfast upsidedown souffle (sauteed mushrooms, tomato and mozarella with egg)

12:30 -- black bean and jicama salad (black beans, jicama, celery, red pepper and a really yummy dressing) 1 c. lettuce

2:00 -- 15 assorted nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, peanuts)

3:30 -- 2 stalks of celery.

HELP, if i keep gettig this hungry i'm in trouble. Normally i can attribute my hunger to a lack of protein but that's not lacking in my diet today.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:23 PM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

I would say you needed more for your afternoon snack. 2 celery sticks really is not much maybe you could have add some peanut butter or some cheese. Just a thought.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'4"

I agree with little chick. Also, just to be sure, did you check the sugar in your salad dressing at lunch? This could be a craving rather than hunger.
Definitely add some pb or c/ cheese to your celery.

Also, water? There is a school of thought that says that hunger can often be confused with thirst. I dont necessarily agree, but the official line is if you think you are hungry, try to drink a large glass of water. Dehydration can feel like hunger. (Not convinced myself!!)

But whatever, if you are hungry, this is South Beach, so eat something SB friendly. You dont need to feel hungry on this plan.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:59 PM   #4  
krazy binging insomiac

i have already had 8 oz of water today. and i thought i'd be ok with just celery because i had the nuts at 2:00. i don't normally eat dinner until 8 pm (i know that's bad) but i'm fine until then. I'll try adding cheese next time (i was ina bit of a hurry this morning when i left cause i had slept in so i didn't slice any).

there was no sugar in the dressing, only 1 tsp splenda.

thanks for the advice
i'll let you know if things are better tomorrow.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:25 PM   #5  

Nef, are you sure about those calories? You ate 1200 cals with what you posted before dinner and your night time snack? What you've eaten today looks real healthy (and yummy I might add) but not 1200 cals worth! Unless you are using FF mozzeralla to the max and a high caloric dressing and major portions.. If this is an example of your normal fare you might want to run it thru a calorie counter like Fitday or CalorieKing or dairydiet..etc to get an idea of what /When /where your calories are coming from.
Try sticking a snack between breakfast and lunch..cut the double snack thing out ( between 2 and 3:30) and dinner is .........It doesn't look like you are lacking in protein to me at all- looks like a real good start actually! Just my 2 cents nef
Old 08-30-2005, 08:39 PM   #6  
krazy binging insomiac

yeah i'm up to 1200 cals. the salad dressing had quite a bit of oil and the beans of course drove it up. I did run the numbers through fit day and thats what they told me.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:49 PM   #7  

hmmm... okay.. I am a real believer in Calories In and Calories Out...Since you use Fitday, Have you determined your BMI calories based on your activity level? And how many calories do ya got to cut to lose?..Your breakfast and lunch and snacks look very carb and protein healthy to me...what are you eating after 3:30?

Last edited by Schatzi; 08-30-2005 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:00 AM   #8  
Who needs sleep?

Could it be hormonal? TTOM/PMS?
Old 08-31-2005, 12:01 AM   #9  
krazy binging insomiac

i ate at 3:30 cause i was hungry and because i had to stay at work until 6 pm tonite (usually only 4:30)

dinner was at about 8 pm -- chicken divan
Old 08-31-2005, 03:44 PM   #10  
Tina

Hmmmm, not really sure. Alls I know is, some days I'm not as hungry and I eat what I'd planned, other days I'm STARVING and feel like I'm eating all day, ....just seems to go in spurts that way for me. Hope you figure it out!
Old 08-31-2005, 07:47 PM   #11  
krazy binging insomiac

ok I'm hungry again! Right now its 4:45 PM. I had my first meal at 9:15 when I got to work. Here's what I've had to eat today.

9:15 -- 2 deviled eggs, 2 stalks of celery with 1 Tbsp natural Peanut Butter
12:30 -- 1 serving chicken divan
2:30 -- 1/2 serving black bean and jicama salad

Calories so far: 1537. But you know the calories for the black bean salad seem really high. Could someone else run the recipe (posted in the side dishes for phase 1) through fit day and see what numbers they get.

This is really starting to bother me.... this hunger when I'm still at work is not good.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:10 AM   #12  
Trapped Skinny Person

My 2 cents.

You said you had had 8 oz of water by the afternoon, did you mean 8 glasses? I hope so because 8 oz is not enough.

Also I find it really hard to beleive what you have eaten today adds up to 1500+ cals. No way - something is off.

You need to have a morning and then afternoon snack - keeping your blood sugar stable keeps the hungries away.

Breakfast doesn't sound like enough - 2 deviled eggs is still one egg right?
No veggies with lunch?
And how much time between when you get up til when you eat breakfast?
You may need to eat something small at home if the gap is too big.

Kim
Old 09-01-2005, 08:12 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Where are your vegetables? You need about 4 1/2 cups a day.

And I know you said you put you food into fitday but that doesn't look like 1500 calories worth of food.

I'll check that recipe and see.

later:
I checked the calories-it's roughly 622 calories for the entire dish. ( I didn't try to figure out adding the vinegar or spices) The olive oil dressing is what pushed those calories up so much. It serves 3, so it's about 207 calories per serving. You said you only had 1/2 a serving? so that's about 1/3 a cup? (I'm guessing-don't know for sure) (OOPS, used the wrong canned black beans-used the black bean soup-go with the person below, she has a better number probably.)

You said you had 2 deviled eggs-is that 2 halves or 4 halves? It seems that you are eating higher fat/calorie dense foods which don't fill you up quite as well as something with a lot of water and fiber-like vegetables.

Maybe some one else will throw in their ideas I've got to get back to what I'm supposed to be doing. (How dare they think we should be working when I have much more important things like supporting a fellow SBDer in their weight loss journey? )

Sarah

Last edited by sarahyu; 09-01-2005 at 08:28 AM.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:19 AM   #14  
Trapped Skinny Person

OK I am not that fluent with fitday but I just ran the recipe and I got approx 700 cals for the whole recipe and that is supposed to be 6 servings. You said you ate 1/2 a serving, or was it half the entire recipe?

Still shouldn't be as many cals as you are coming up with. Check again. I think you probably aren't eating as much as you think and therefore not getting enough.

Kim
Old 09-01-2005, 08:30 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62066

Are we looking at the same recipe? I thought it said it served 3. Am I missing something? (It's very possible-I am heavily medicated today.)

Sarah
Closed Thread