Old 08-31-2005, 12:40 PM   #1  
.::Princess::.

S/C/G: 308/288/150

Height: 5'8"

Talking 3 Month Anniversary for me!

I'm nearing close to three months of effort in the weight loss battle. I don't feel like I've lost a lot of weight yet because the number on the scale is stubbornly staying put. On the other hand, inches are coming off and I can see that what I look like is changing. I'm even getting some of those lovely shrink marks we talked about in another post. They're not pretty but they're proof that things are happening. Yay!

I'm really glad that I found this website because it really makes me feel like I'm not alone in the struggle. It has also got me considering joining a local TOPS. I think it might be the support of this web site in person. I'm also a little hesitant though because I'm more an "in person" loner when it comes all of this weight stuff. I like to do my own thing so I'm concerned that I might not like TOPS. So, that's a maybe right now.

I am, however, going to be joining the gym I used to go to again soon. My goal is October 13th. (I know it's a weird number to pick but it's exactly a year and a half before my 25th birthday which is my goal weight goal date!)
I'm really excited about rejoining. I can't wait to start doing weight training again. Research says (and I know from my first experience of trying to lose weight), that weight training makes you feel strong and builds your self esteem. I also like that when you do cardio on a machine you can monitor your calorie burn.

Finally, I am excited that I need to move to a smaller clothing size but also a little frustrated because I don't know what all to buy. I don't want to buy too much because I still plan to lose, lose lose! On the other hand, I can't wear pretty much any of my work pants anymore because I look like I'm swimming in them. Most of my shirts are okay for now because as bad as it is, I like to wear big t-shirts when I'm not in my business attire and most of my business shirts are stretchy so I can use them still. Anyone else have these problems? Any recommendations on how many pairs of pants I should get? How many shirts? I just don't want to overbuy! Thanks 3FC buddies!
SnShn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 12:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations on making it to the 3 months mark. Although I've never been to a TOPS meeting (I had planned on going but never made it) they do offer you to go for your first meeting for free. It might be worth checking out. As for the clothes, I just buy a piece here and there as needed. I do look at my bigger clothes and see if I can't take them in and whatnot just because I'm like you and don't want to spend a fortune on clothes I may not be in for very long.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 01:41 PM   #3  
Downsizing Dee!

Hey Sarah, congrats on the successes so far - you're really on your way!

I've dropped a couple of clothes sizes now and I go out to the thrift stores and pick up a few things when I need them. Lots of people think of thrift stores as places where there's nothing but old, dirty clothes. But, it's amazing how many things you can find there with the original tags still on them, a lot of them are even designer labels. I normally spend $30-$40 and end up with 3 or 4 pants and a couple of shirts.

Congrats again

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 02:07 PM   #4  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I started the gym in April and I love it. I feel stronger and see so many differences in my body. Since I've gained lots of muscle, I haven't seen the weight loss numbers go down so fast -- everybody's different, with a different eating plan and amount of exercise, age, history, etc.

I love the see the clothes get baggier too! Hard to give you advice on that, depends on your lifestyle. I have noticed that it takes me quite a while to move down sizes. With the weight I've lost I've moved down maybe 1 and a half sizes.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 02:16 PM   #5  
Crazy Canuck

Congrats on your first three months. You've made real progress and have a great attitude! Yes, the clothes thing is difficult "on the way down" (but in a nice way). I bought nice, but less expensive and lower quality stuff (since I didn't plan on wearing it long enough to wear out). At our Weight Watchers meetings we have clothing swaps which are very successful, so perhaps you can suggest that if you decide to join TOPS.

P.S. - Welcome back, dragonwoman!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 02:40 PM   #6  

Awesome job Sarah!! I hope you're feeling such a tremendous sense of accomplishment, and rightly so. Keep up the good work, you're doing great!!

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 02:57 PM   #7  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillegal
P.S. - Welcome back, dragonwoman!
'tank you berry much

gotta love 3fc
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote