Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2001, 01:10 AM   #1  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~night Owls 17~

Please read the most recent posts on thread #16

We were up to 22 posts on that thread so I hope you all don't mind my starting up #17.

Again, please see #16 for the most recent posts.

I'm too tired to read or post. I just woke up after trying to remove the new virus from quanantine on my computer. Took forever to scan everything and I fell asleep in the chair with my cat on my tummy. LOL.......now we're talking T.I.R.E.D. !!!!!!!!
Sweet Dreams my friends.
Hugs,
~Pamela~
Old 08-14-2001, 07:57 AM   #2  

hi miss pj how's your daughter any better?

i wi at 10:00 so i'll post more later wish me luck guys
tomorrow's my 31st bday since i have to work think i'll celebrate today and work it off (literally) tomorrow when i'll walk 4miles at work
Old 08-14-2001, 08:41 AM   #3  

Just thought that I would add my post from yesterday since it took a while to type. Survived Scott's birthday party and 5 8 year olds. Man, those guys are full of beans! I took them mini-putting and the balls were flying everywhere. Scott had a good party!

This post is from yesterday:

Good morning everyone!! I'm back from my vacation and thought that I would drop in and say HI!

Things are hopping around here as usual. We just came back from a week at the cottage. It's not our cottage, but we have been renting it for the last 5 years, every week at this time of the year. We had the best weather ever!! It has been very hot here in Northern Ontario. Usually we get fairly nice weather over the months of July and August, but this year was the exception. It has been so hot with lots of humidity. It was great to be able to sit on the grass and just jump in the water when you got hot. I did more swimming this year then ever. Even did an after supper swim, cause we were so hot. Scott and his buddy did a late night swim and they really enjoyed that. We did get one storm and the power went out for a while. Actually that turned out to be quite nice, as the three groups of people in the cottages all sat around and chatted that night.

Our cottage actually used to be Rob's aunts old house. It's not a fancy house or anything, but it does have electricity, running water and an indoor bathroom. I'm still not fond of the outhouse. Anyways, because of the power being out, I couldn't use the bathroom the morning I got up, as the pump runs it, so I held on and held on, but finally had a major sh** attack and had to run to the outhouse a the last moment. Just as I sat down, I hear someone yelling.......the power is on!! What luck!! Regardless, we had our best year ever!!

Today is Scott's birthday. He turns the big 9!! Hard to believe. I'm taking them mini-putting and then back here for supper. Not too many kids this year and no treat bags. Told him, he's getting kind of old for that.

PJ: Had to laugh about the Corona! Every since we tried it at your place last year, we like to buy it here. Unfortunately it costs about $20.00 for 12 beer. But we were on holidays, so we deserve it.

I work a couple shifts this week and then it's off to hockey camp with Scott on Saturday. I get to be the camp nurse. Should be an interesting experience, as it's my first time. We get a lot of kids coming from the US here. There actually are 2 boys that come for the whole summer from Manhattan, NY. Must be a bit of a shock coming way north and in the middle of the bush. It's great though with lots of swimming and water sports and of course, daily hockey.

Well that's all for now. Take care and just wanted to let you all know that I'm back for a while. Scott doesn't start school until September 6th.

SueBee
Old 08-14-2001, 10:55 AM   #4  
Happy Member

Hey everyone!

I'm down another 1.4#. Yeah!

Brenda--Shoot, girl! You're on a roll! That's great!!

PJ--You got an icky virus on your 'puter? I liked the animated New York map you sent. It was neat!
I didn't get to see Irish this weekend. Aug 11 (sat), was my sister's birthday and Aug 12 was my mom's. We usually only have one "combined" BBQ, but everyone went back on Sunday for LEFTOVERS! Besides, it was rainy here this weekend too. Oh, well, we needed it.

Jen--What is it that you do that you walk that much at work? I'm picturing how much I used to walk when I was waitressing. Happy birthday!!

HI SueBee--Sounds like a great vacation at the cottage.

I'm gonna run for now..I have to check to see if I'm still winning an auction on eBay.
Have a great day everyone!
Ally
Old 08-14-2001, 12:25 PM   #5  
I'm on my way!

Hey everyone!

I know I have been missing in action again...but I have been on vacation and just got everything under control at work. My home computer is in Rhode Island getting a face lift and upgrade! It really really needed it!

Well...my first week back to WW I lost 6 lbs and this past weigh-in I lost another 2 1/2....so I am totally motivated right now. Hopefully enough to get back to were I was before I had the baby!

Brenda and everyone else with a loss...weigh to go! Keep up the good work...you are motivating me to stay on track....

Setina...you are missing in action again too!! Come on back out!

Tara...sorry about not letting you know about my email addy...you can change mine to [email protected] I am now selling discovery toys...if anyone is interested in ordering let me know I can send you a catalog! If you want to host a catalog show and earn FREE toys we have a great special going on right now!! Just email me!

Well back to work it is for me...actually its time for lunch...I made the veggie quesadillas the other day from the week 2 recipe card and was it ever delicious!! I brought the left overs...only I am going to heat the veggies and just roll them in the tortillas. That way I have two...one for each hand!! Have a great day!

Michelle K
Old 08-14-2001, 06:44 PM   #6  

well guys i didn't gain and i didn't lose oh well i definately will next wk

i work for mohawk industries it a carpet mill i inspect carpet
that's why i walk soooo much

talk to ya'll later
Old 08-14-2001, 11:15 PM   #7  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

HAPPY 31ST BIRTHDAY JEN !!!!!! - Enjoy yourself. You're thirty something now but you're still a "baby". heh-heh. Wait until you hit the big 40 .....or should I say 41.......then you'll be a forty something girl. Now THAT'S a real eye-opener.

I'll post tomorrow morning. I'm bushed and on my way to bed.
Hugs,
~Pamela~
Old 08-15-2001, 09:29 PM   #8  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Quick post here!! And NO Bren...you haven't "seen" me.. LOL....haven't been here even to lurk lately. Just too much going on. We were away from THursday til Mon night and I have been playing catch up ever since...

Just wanted to say HI and I'll be back soon!!

emmy

Last edited by emmy; 08-15-2001 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-15-2001, 11:17 PM   #9  
Teacher chick

Hi girls.... it's going to be a couple of busy weeks ahead for us here. In 3 days, we leave to take our 18 year old to college (sob!) and then I go back to work in 5 days, while we are visiting doctors and lawyers (Steve's disability company has caused me to INVENT my own 4 letter words) all while helping our 9 year old, who has attached himself to his older brother's leg in hopes of keeping him here. I have found them asleep in the same bed all week. Even though they are 9 years apart, they look identical and are as close as ever. I don't even want to go into what my house looks like as we've been packing all week.

To make a long story short..... the disability company is trying to refuse Steve's disability claim so they don't have to pay him, even though we've had 10 months and 2 doctors write specifically that he can no longer work. So we live month to month while we fight it, which is no good for his health and no good for mine either. WOW, I did make that story short!

BTW: A good source of exercise is to scream obscenities with a telephone in your hand while pacing the floors, and then hang up the phone, scream at anyone in the house, run up and down the stairs trying to grab the phone when it rings again, realizing that it is not the a** you were yelling at, but your mother-in-law from Florida calling, and then going out on the deck the people on the phone can't hear you hyperventilate and scream more disgusting words only to turn around and see your next door neighbor watering his lawn trying to pretend that the sweet gal next door didn't just scream the "F" word six times at the birds.

****, I figure I used up at least 5 exercise points doing that!

AND, obviously my mother-in-law thinks we are losing it, so she's getting an airline ticket to come and see if we are still sane!

AND, how was YOUR week?

WHew... I'm glad I got that out! Gotta get some beauty sleep because tomorrow we get to meet the lawyer!

Love you guys,
Judy

Last edited by judygal; 08-15-2001 at 11:46 PM.
Old 08-16-2001, 04:50 AM   #10  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNIELOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been trying to learn this new lable design program I ordered fror my puter so I can get my Christmas list ready and not be rushed. I just hate re-typing all the addresses, hurts my arm!

I'm still op and on this tummy medicine, be gald when it is time to stop it! I think I'm down another pound and if I am that is my final goal I will let you know when I weigh on Friday!

PJ..I heard that extra calcium helps with cramps and magnesium too. Wouldn't be too hard to add that to the diet for Jackie. They say a hand full of almonds (magnesim) should help with PMS and cravings also.

Hi Aly..Emmy, Sue Bee, Bren,Pepper,Michelle and Judygal!

Judy I have done alot of that kind of exercise too!

Here Jennie..something for you!
Old 08-16-2001, 09:30 AM   #11  
Teacher chick

Jennielou, have a wonderful birthday!
Old 08-16-2001, 10:07 AM   #12  

thanks for all the bday wishes guys
guess what i was so totally good yesterday i ate mid range pts and ended up walking 8.2 miles at work last night (ouch)
does anyone have a pic of aching feet

i have to say if i saw some one outside having a fit i'd think they'd lost their mind

and i know mine is already gone you know what they say about talking and answering yourself i've done that since i was a kid

going to bed now i have tonight then i'm off of work for 3 whole days
Old 08-16-2001, 11:22 AM   #13  
I'm on my way!

Hey you all...where is everyone????

Judygal...PHEW! you made me feel good...just reading your post made me feel like I vented MY own frustrations....when we think our stuff is bad and someone else has problems ours don't seem so big anymore!!! I am just going through the poor me's right now!

Work has been keeping me pretty busy...and the baby too. He is just growing so fast and into everything...hopefully when he starts walking I will lose this weight faster...chasing after him!

I have an obstacle tonight...we are going out to dinner with John's dad at this fancy schmancy restaurant that I love....I am eating light all day today to hopefully compensate...I have no self control in a restaurant. Then saturday we are having dinner guests...at least I have SOME control over the food their! I can't wait to weigh in on sunday and get it over with! I just hope I have at least a small loss to keep my motivation going!

Well back to work it is for me! Come out and play will you all?

Have a great day...Michelle K.
Old 08-16-2001, 10:56 PM   #14  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Hi Owls !!

I see where our Tara is a Godmother and Aunt !! That is so excting!! I love babies....

....and speaking of babies...How old is yours now Michelle?? I bet he is a cutie!! How did you do at the restaurant???

Judy...I am sorry that you and Steve have to be going through so much. Does Steve have fibromyalgia?? I thought I remebered that...but I have been known to get mixed up. I did enjoy your "vent " post. I bet your neighbor was surprised...I've seen your pic...a sweet little gal if I've ever seen one.

Candice..Is the arm any better?? I do love the pics of your flowers and yard. You inspire me!! Hope you can get off the meds soon and Ilook forward to hearing that you are at YOUR goal!!!

SueBee...your vacation sounded like a great relaxing time!! I LOVE the water!! ANY water

Alley...Have you had a chance to see Irish this week??? and did you win your ebay auction?? I love Ebay!!

PJ....How is that Momma Horse of yours??? Did I read that your kids are back in school already???

Bren...I miss you ...where are you????? I am here ..LOL

Setina ...How are things with you?? Miss you too!!

Hello to all the owls that I missed...I have a lousy memory

I may be MIA again as I will leave with the boys to go to our camper at the lake right after work tomorrow ...Will be back on Sun night

Here is a belated Birthday wish for you JennieLou

Take care

emmy

Last edited by emmy; 08-16-2001 at 11:01 PM.
Old 08-16-2001, 10:56 PM   #15  
Teacher chick

Michelle, I remember motherhood at the early stages. It's wonderful and it only gets better! I'm so happy for you.
Closed Thread