Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2001, 08:01 AM   #1  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Sows And Cows And Bow Wows

That was just a seletion of the groups I belong to----by virtue of my appearance alone,I am welcome to partake in any group activities.The Sows serve the best take-out.OKAY!!!I have returned from the Dave Matthews Concert in Montreal---all of the six seventeen year-olds have been returned safely into the bosoms of their families---NOW all I need is for you to comment on my insanity-----The kids were WONDERFUL----my brother drove us{about a 12 hour drive}---our van broke down ONE hour into the trip{outside Frederiction,Kiwi},and we had to leave it{1000 dollar fuel pump job}and rent another vehicle---all they had was a LINCOLN NAVIGATOR---so we travelled in style.ANYWAY---the concert was great,and Quebec is beautiful--we stayed for a day in Old Quebec City-which is like being in Europe.SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO---now that the summer is sort of almost over{my stepangels have gone home}it is time to De-fat the fatted Calf.Here is my plan---DOCUMENT EVERY BITE......no matter how humiliating.That is all I can think of----and continue with my weights and walks.SO WHAT ARE YOU TANKS ABOUT TO DO????????POST COWS!!!!
Old 08-13-2001, 02:31 PM   #2  

Default What a happenin' chick

Bagzie, you go to the coolest concerts. It must be what keeps you so young.

We spent most of the weekend at the Dragstrip. It was hot, in the upper 90's (for you celcius gals, that translates into miserably hot). Then on Sunday afternoon, after early morning at the races, I went to a family reunion picnic and ate all that family reunion food. Potato salads, pasta salads, and of course the famous Aunt Dolly's bread - yummmm! Now I'm back on the wagon. Walked this morning and ate a healthy breakfast. I plan on becoming svelte by Christmas. So, Bagzie dear, that's my plan.
Old 08-13-2001, 04:14 PM   #3  
fatter than U

Talking moo/oink/woof!

Too tired to write anything coherent. Got to go to bed. Just wanted to say hi!!!
Old 08-13-2001, 04:44 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

Exclamation I AM SOOOOOO JEALOUS!!

Bagzie my dear, you do indeed go to the best concerts!! DD just bought a Dave Matthews CD and I love it. I've always wanted to go to Quebec City too. So in the past year, you've been to 3 concerts I want to go to. What's next?

DH is making noises about sailing the St. John in September. Would it be unbearably cold then? I mean, we usually have nice weather in Sept., although not necessarily summery. How about there?

We were on the boat all weekend. I won't say sailing, because we didn't. Sat. morning DH was raising the mainsail (I was fast asleep in my little bunkie) and wasn't paying attention to what he was doing and let the halyard fly up the mast and out the top, basically meaning we couldn't use the mainsail until he fixed it. When we got to where we spent Sat. night, he had to climb up to the top of the mast and replace the halyard. That's always fun to watch. We had dd and a friend along and our friends' boat with 5 onboard, so we had a lovely party Sat. night, complete with one guy yelling his head off that we were playing cards with the wrong rules. It was absolutely hilarious (although he gave me a headache).

I want you to know that I went rowing for 1/2 an hour on Saturday, and I went swimming for about the same amount time on Sunday. This is in the ocean -- the water temps were in the 60s. It took me about 10 minutes to acclimate to the water so that I could breath without panting. Then I was comfortably numb and it was delightful. I swam around at the island near where the boats were anchored, then I swam out to the boat. Everyone else was suitably impressed. The most they managed was jumping in, screaming a few times, and getting out. Except for DD, who is tough like me!

Hi Sugar! Woof to you too.

Wabby, I think your doctor was murdered by her husband. You see, the normal reaction to meeting one of us cows is certainly not to go home and kill yourself! Normally it gives a person a whole new lease on life. Ask anyone who's met us!! So you see, she must have met with foul play. I hope the police are investigating.

Kiwi
Old 08-13-2001, 07:28 PM   #5  

Default I dunno know, Kiwi

Maybe she was just tired of hearing all us darkandmenopausals griping all the time. It probably would push you over the edge. Apparently she had taken a leave last year due to stress related problems. I just find it disturbing that she would use a gun. Pills would be the logical method.

I'm going to go to my DD's gym and work out with her this week. Maybe I'll start going regularly and become a hard body type.
Old 08-14-2001, 10:40 AM   #6  
Raised By Wolves

S/C/G: 335/270/170

Height: 5'8"

Talking I laughed my *** off when I read the title of your thread!

Hello Ladies! I seem to be the only person on these message boards who isn't losing weight. I've been posting for about two months in the hopes that listening to everyone's success will give me some incentive. Doesn't seem to be working yet. Guess I can't stop filling my pie-hole.

Take care and good luck.
Raff
Old 08-14-2001, 11:56 AM   #7  

Default Thats where I've gone wrong

Raff! does laughing your *ss off really work? I've been trying to walk it off, but it's hopeless.

Anybody heard from the lovely Lush? I need her to list her household chores to inspire me.
Old 08-14-2001, 12:55 PM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Don't feel bad, Raff

I've been hanging around these cows for, what, 2-1/2 years?, and my weight's crept up about 5 lbs. I'm having a good time, though.

Will this help, Wabbit? This is my list yesterday that I almost finished:[list=a][*]Clean mud off my sandals[*]Clean trash out of car[*]Clean junk out of purse[*]Put another coat of tung oil on table I'm working on[*]Fix dishwasher[*]Take coolers to garage[/list=a] Weird list, huh?

Enjoy your workout, buff-babe. I've been contemplating an exercise routine: I could take the dog on about a 20 minute walk ending up at the lake where we go swimming, then swim out as far as I can and back, then walk home (from there it only takes a few minutes to get to the house). Of course I could think about this until snowfall; that would be my usual MO.

Kiwi
Old 08-14-2001, 02:29 PM   #9  

Default Swimming

Kiwi, how do you know exactly how far is as far as you can? I'm always afraid I'll overestimate my swimming ability and swim farther out than I can swim back. I'm such a wimp.

This is my list - 1. GET MY TAXES SENT IN BY THE 15TH!!! Am I a primo procrastinator or what? I get an file an extension and then wait until the last day to file my returns.
Old 08-14-2001, 02:41 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Bad girl!

Go do your taxes and then we can talk swimming.

Actually I don't know how far is too far. But if I start to get tired, that would be a good indication. I would never push myself much going away from shore. Of course you can always float when you get tired, but especially if you swim alone (guilty ), you don't want to have a really hard time getting back!

Kiwi
Old 08-14-2001, 04:18 PM   #11  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default nosey posey

Bagzie, how is the sweet little dd taking the bad bad news about A.J.?

I, myself, was upset when Eddie Fisher went bad. Tell her I understand.

I weighed 137 this morning. I know you are all happy for me.
Old 08-15-2001, 12:35 PM   #12  
Member w/ messiest house

Well, I would be happy for you, Peachie dear, but my email is broken and it's just too depressing, so you'll have to soldier on without me. I weighed 137 once. Then I quit smoking, got married and had a kid. Now I'm a whale. Without email.

Kiwi
Old 08-17-2001, 09:56 AM   #13  
Raised By Wolves

S/C/G: 335/270/170

Height: 5'8"

Default I blew out my keyboard this morning

I kicked my surge compressor while typing (because I can't sit still) and knocked my computer offline. When it came back up my keyboard was not working so I stole one from an empty cubicle (I'm such a bad girl).

Hello to you ALL and congrats to Darling Peaches for weighing 137lbs, I have to lose 137lbs but it just doesn't seem to want to move.

It's Friday and the weekend is just 13 hours away. Hope everyone has a great one.

Take care and good luck.
Raff
Old 08-17-2001, 03:08 PM   #14  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Wow!

That makes you Two Peaches!! Isn't that special?

Congratulations on winning your skirmish in the ongoing battle of the computer paraphernalia. I'm holding my own in this battle at the moment too. But I'm thinking of loading MS Reader into my 'puter, and expect a large explosion to occur shortly thereafter. Maybe a quick backup is in order.

Tata

Kiwi
Closed Thread